Players you'd like us to sign thread

741 posts
linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by linkenholtroyal » 10 Aug 2017 15:32

Hound
genome Yeah, those 3 consecutive seasons of 20+ goals in the Championship were such a fluke :P

Not been great for the last couple of seasons, but if he were available and we had the money, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

They'll want to at least recoup the £10m they spent on him though.

They'll want to...

but realistically he should have lost value. He was useless for them last year

Reckon they'd taken 7-8[/quote/]
Do you reckon we could get gestede aswell, always liked them when they played together at Blackburn.
He seems to be down the pecking order at Borough?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Aug 2017 15:34

linkenholtroyal
Hound
genome Yeah, those 3 consecutive seasons of 20+ goals in the Championship were such a fluke :P

Not been great for the last couple of seasons, but if he were available and we had the money, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

They'll want to...

Do you reckon we could get gestede aswell, always liked them when they played together at Blackburn.
He seems to be down the pecking order at Villa?

So far down the list that he's been at Boro since January.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 10 Aug 2017 15:34

Stranded
linkenholtroyal
Hound

They'll want to...

He seems to be down the pecking order at Villa?

So far down the list that he's been at Boro since January.

Yes realised that sorry was looking at club history and got confused have changed it now

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Aug 2017 17:59

CountryRoyal

Of course overall he has a good goal scoring record but he doesn't do enough for the team. Certainly not worth the money he'd be available for imo.

That being said, with our current striking options I'd be more than happy :lol:

If you can consistently score 20+ goals a season across multiple seasons, you can spend 95% of games asleep in the centre circle as long as you still deliver those 20 goals for all I care.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 Aug 2017 18:15

Hello, first time posting after the Royal Rendezvous, which was another very successful Royals forum has currently gone haywire in an attempt to improve their facilities when using the site. So for the time being and hopefully the future, I shall be a part of the "Hob Nob Anyone?" forum for the foreseeable future. For any Royals also previously on the Rendezvous forum, you will know me as LRF, but here I am YorkshireRoyal99.

Regarding any more signings, I think we do need to dip our toe in the water a little bit more, very evident by Saturday's squad against QPR, where we couldn't muster up an 18 man match day squad and we included a couple of youngsters, as well as the fact that the team and squad available that day was lacking in any real quality in some key areas, particularly up front.

I'll be hoping that even if funds are low, maybe 1/2 loan signings from Premier League clubs to help bolster our squad would certainly be more than useful at this stage. I was hoping we may be able to bring 1/2 experienced players in that have either Premier League quality, or even experience at this level. I'm sure there are many about. If all else fails, I've noticed some clubs in the top division have released a couple of very interesting players that would be of high demand (and may have already been snapped up by now), but would certainly not disappoint me if we were to land them. Players such as Joe Ledley are available on a free transfer, not to mention we may have missed out on players like John Ruddy, now at Wolves, as well as even a gamble like Marvin Emnes who has also been released, but would do no harm adding extra quality to our lacking attacking department. But for me, Ledley tops the bunch, plenty of Championship, Premier League and International experience alongside Gunter that would sit very well within replacing Danny Williams as he is known for a strong tackler and good passing ability and will add some much-needed experience to our youthful-like midfield.

This is my first viewpoint for now, hope to see you all around the site either here or elsewhere. :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Aug 2017 12:19

YorkshireRoyal99 Hello, first time posting after the Royal Rendezvous, which was another very successful Royals forum has currently gone haywire in an attempt to improve their facilities when using the site. So for the time being and hopefully the future, I shall be a part of the "Hob Nob Anyone?" forum for the foreseeable future. For any Royals also previously on the Rendezvous forum, you will know me as LRF, but here I am YorkshireRoyal99.

Regarding any more signings, I think we do need to dip our toe in the water a little bit more, very evident by Saturday's squad against QPR, where we couldn't muster up an 18 man match day squad and we included a couple of youngsters, as well as the fact that the team and squad available that day was lacking in any real quality in some key areas, particularly up front.

I'll be hoping that even if funds are low, maybe 1/2 loan signings from Premier League clubs to help bolster our squad would certainly be more than useful at this stage. I was hoping we may be able to bring 1/2 experienced players in that have either Premier League quality, or even experience at this level. I'm sure there are many about. If all else fails, I've noticed some clubs in the top division have released a couple of very interesting players that would be of high demand (and may have already been snapped up by now), but would certainly not disappoint me if we were to land them. Players such as Joe Ledley are available on a free transfer, not to mention we may have missed out on players like John Ruddy, now at Wolves, as well as even a gamble like Marvin Emnes who has also been released, but would do no harm adding extra quality to our lacking attacking department. But for me, Ledley tops the bunch, plenty of Championship, Premier League and International experience alongside Gunter that would sit very well within replacing Danny Williams as he is known for a strong tackler and good passing ability and will add some much-needed experience to our youthful-like midfield.

This is my first viewpoint for now, hope to see you all around the site either here or elsewhere. :D

It is a pleasure to offer you the traditional Hobnob welcome.

oxf*rd off newbie.
:wink:

I think HNA is rather more 'robust' in its discussion than RR from what i understand. So good luck.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 11 Aug 2017 18:23

Welcome to the madhouse YorkshireRoyal99, you’ll no doubt find it less fluffy here compared to RR. Point taken though, Sebastian Larsson on a one year deal would have been a good addition subject to wages.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Aug 2017 19:29

YorkshireRoyal99 Royal Rendezvous, which was [a] very successful Royals forum

Hitchytwo

by Hitchytwo » 12 Aug 2017 09:43

I've noticed today that Jack colback has had a bust up at Newcastle with Rafa Benitez. He is the breed of player that I think reading need. Wouldn't be that expensive either.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Aug 2017 12:25

On 40k a week apparently.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 12 Aug 2017 13:28

Molumbu?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Aug 2017 14:23

Hitchytwo I've noticed today that Jack colback has had a bust up at Newcastle with Rafa Benitez. He is the breed of player that I think reading need. Wouldn't be that expensive either.

We have 2 gingers already.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 13 Aug 2017 12:02

Dave McGoldrick?

Offers something different to our other strikers, Ipswich will probably take our money and have bought in two strikers themselves already so might be ready to sell.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2017 12:40

RichTea94 Dave McGoldrick?

Offers something different to our other strikers, Ipswich will probably take our money and have bought in two strikers themselves already so might be ready to sell.

Isn't he a bit passed his sell by date? Feels like he's been around forever.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 13 Aug 2017 13:33

If that's the answer I don't want to know the question.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Aug 2017 13:47

maffff

If that's the answer I don't want to know the question.

What is kcirdlogcm evad backwards?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 13 Aug 2017 14:00

Hell of a long shot, but Mark Uth (25) from Hoffenheim? One year left on his contract, has already said he'll end up going to England in future (to Bild, in March). Southampton and Palace looked at him in January but no one has followed up yet. Looking at 10 for him.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 13 Aug 2017 15:39

maffff Hell of a long shot, but Mark Uth (25) from Hoffenheim? One year left on his contract, has already said he'll end up going to England in future (to Bild, in March). Southampton and Palace looked at him in January but no one has followed up yet. Looking at 10 for him.

A left-field foreign signing like this will more likely than not be what we go for I reckon.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Aug 2017 22:34

Seeing as the theme on this thread is to pick a completely random forward from a middling team in a western European league, I give you Fred Friday of AZ,

I know nothing about him other than he plays in Holland and his goalscoring record in Norway wasn't completely shit.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Aug 2017 08:13

Wednesday are apparently looking to offload Forestieri. Bad attitude, so not exactly a Reading signing, but I love watching him play. If we do have £8m knocking about, I'd be happy to spunk it on him.

741 posts