Players you'd like us to sign thread

741 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by CountryRoyal » 02 Jun 2017 13:15

I wonder if we could renew our interest in Galaxy's Gyasi Zardes. Hasn't scored a huge amount recently but I think that's because he's mostly been deployed on the left wing. With his pace and finishing could be a great partner for Kermorgant.

Also is pretty good defensively which I know Stam loves.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jun 2017 14:40

CountryRoyal I wonder if we could renew our interest in Galaxy's Gyasi Zardes. Hasn't scored a huge amount recently but I think that's because he's mostly been deployed on the left wing. With his pace and finishing could be a great partner for Kermorgant.

Also is pretty good defensively which I know Stam loves.

6 goals in the MLS isnt a bad return thus far I guess. Would rather buy Erick Torres if we were scouting over there.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Jun 2017 15:30

If we continue to look in Holland I'm all in favour of taking Tete off Ajax's hands, seeings how they don't play him anyway. :lol:

One can dream..

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 03 Jun 2017 09:49

Gael Clichy?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 05 Jun 2017 12:22

There is a lad who played for Palmeiras last night in their game against Atheltico Mineiro who could be a possible transfer target. Maybe one for the January transfer window though as he has only recently joined Palmeiras.

He is Keno. He wears number 27 and has blistering pace and tricky skills. Would be a great addition on the left wing. It seems that he has spent most of his career in the lower divisions in Brazil but has earned a big move to Palmeiras who are the reigning Brazilian champions.

I will need to watch a bit more of this lad to determine whether he would be a good signing for the Royals but he looks good so far. As he is now at Palmeiras we would probably need to be in the Premier League to have a chance of signing this guy. That gives us plenty of time to scout him and see how good he is.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 05 Jun 2017 12:34

Here is some footage of Keno. He looks good. Someone pass it on to Brian Tevreden please. Let's get Keno on board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxxP6a1rDJY

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Jun 2017 12:55

Top Flight Here is some footage of Keno. He looks good. Someone pass it on to Brian Tevreden please. Let's get Keno on board.

Only watched the first minute. You'd never get that kind of time and space in the Championship. He'd be another Piazon - next.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 05 Jun 2017 13:00

John Smith
Top Flight Here is some footage of Keno. He looks good. Someone pass it on to Brian Tevreden please. Let's get Keno on board.

Only watched the first minute. You'd never get that kind of time and space in the Championship. He'd be another Piazon - next.

That footage of him is from last season playing for Santa Cruz in Serie B. However, it was for Palmeiras playing against Athletico Mineiro in Serie A where he caught my eye. Athletico MG are a top side in Brazil's Serie A and he looked dangerous against those guys. It was his pace that I noticed straight away and his skill at beating players and putting quality balls into the box. Don't write him off just yet.

We need to watch more of him though before we make a determination. He has only played that one game in Serie A so far. I will keep an eye on the lad and will let Stam know if I think we should sign him or not.

Tommio

by Tommio » 05 Jun 2017 21:29

Kenneth Zohore, Shane long, Marcus Ingsvartsen, Marcus Maddison, Bradley Dack

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Jun 2017 07:03

Top Flight
John Smith

That footage of him is from last season playing for Santa Cruz in Serie B. However, it was for Palmeiras playing against Athletico Mineiro in Serie A where he caught my eye. Athletico MG are a top side in Brazil's Serie A and he looked dangerous against those guys. It was his pace that I noticed straight away and his skill at beating players and putting quality balls into the box. Don't write him off just yet.

We need to watch more of him though before we make a determination. He has only played that one game in Serie A so far. I will keep an eye on the lad and will let Stam know if I think we should sign him or not.

If he's spent the majority of his career in the Brazilian lower league's and he's 27, there is precisely fcuk all chance of getting a work permit for him unless he somehow pulls a Portuguese grandmother out of his arse.

I game in Series A? Tariq Fosu looked ace in his one Championship appearance.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Jun 2017 17:12

Abraham going to Newcastle which pretty much scuppers any chance of getting him back to the champ on loan.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 Jun 2017 11:18

Lewis McGugan.

Was once one of the best players in the league, seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth

The Informant

by The Informant » 07 Jun 2017 11:44

Hound
East Yorkshire Royal Stam to Ajax ?

Has their current manager left? Something on GR about the odds on Stam to Leeds shortening. Really can't see that one happening....

Ajax consider move for Reading boss Jaap Stam after losing Peter Bosz to Borussia Dortmund

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4jJSnBGpL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The Informant

by The Informant » 07 Jun 2017 11:45

John Smith Lewis McGugan.

Was once one of the best players in the league, seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth

No, he wasn't.

He was a bright prospect once but always known to be lazy and full of attitude.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 09 Jun 2017 22:38

Premier League players released. Picked out a few that could be worth a punt, or at least might be viable options at this level...

Frazier Campbell
Joe Ledley
Victor Anichebe
Jan Kirchoff

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 10 Jun 2017 21:58

RichTea94 Jan Kirchoff

What's wrong with this guy? Disappeared off the face of the earth. Injury?

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 12 Jun 2017 02:44

Ideally another striker or two

Nick Powell - Impressed me when he came to the mad stad for Wigan and can also play in the 10. I think we could get his career back to where it looked to be heading when he was at Crewe.

Cameron Jerome - Big strong athletic on his day

Defenders
John O'Shea would be great for experience and cover depending on our formation another leader in the dressing room

Midfielder to replace Williams if he goes: Dan Gosling/Ben Watson

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jun 2017 08:45

Powell would be worth a look - not sure how his fitness is

Wonder if it'd be worth a try to see if you could borrow Solanke for a season. Not sure he will be quite ready for PL yet.

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 12 Jun 2017 12:16

Apparently Solanke is off to Liverpool next season so he will get his PL chance.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jun 2017 12:56

UpNorth Apparently Solanke is off to Liverpool next season so he will get his PL chance.

yeah he is...but wondering if he will play there. It may well be that Klopp sees him as first team material straight away, but if not may be worth asking the question. Probably lend him to his best buddy if he wants him first though

741 posts