Players you'd like us to sign thread

741 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by Stranded » 14 Aug 2017 09:53

maffff Hell of a long shot, but Mark Uth (25) from Hoffenheim? One year left on his contract, has already said he'll end up going to England in future (to Bild, in March). Southampton and Palace looked at him in January but no one has followed up yet. Looking at 10 for him.

Any deal with Hoffenheim for anyone will depend on the result of their play-off against Liverpool over the next couple of weeks.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 14 Aug 2017 12:53

Orlando Sa, 17 goals in 28 games for Standard Liege !! not sure we could afford him now :roll:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 Aug 2017 13:02

Is Peter Crouch available now Stoke have another striker?

I know Villa want him.

Liege is where Knockaert went too, right?

Still wouldn't want Sa back.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 14 Aug 2017 19:27

Given our current situation and taking into consideration how much money we have already spent in total, we should be going for one of the below strikers and this is under the assumption that to bring one of these in we are looking at no more than £5 million overall:

It won't happen he left on bad terms and I will get a lot of flack for this but Nick Blackman - Purely based on the price we could get him for, the fact Can play in a number of positions across the front line and when he was on form for us he did everything with purpose from an attacking point of view (something that we currently lack right now)

Omar Bogle - A cheap gamble but a typical Reading one that could pay off nicely in the future as it did similarly with Le Fondre. (Though we have already made this gamble in some ways with Bodvarsson)

David McGoldrick - A well established championship striker that could be tempted by a new challenge given that he has experienced mid table mediocrity at best for the last 4 years. Found his rhythm last year and seems to be taking that into this season. With better service behind him, he could have the potential to score even more.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Aug 2017 21:01

I don't think any of those are an improvement on Yann/Jon Dadi/McCleary/Mendes really

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Aug 2017 21:14

Bogle might be ok as an option off the bench. Doesn't McGoldrick have a reputation for being lazy and disruptive? Also, 1 in 4 (80 in 320, 31 in 112 at Ipswich) hardly inspires confidence. Blackman simply isn't good enough.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 14 Aug 2017 21:43

Hound I don't think any of those are an improvement on Yann/Jon Dadi/McCleary/Mendes really

Ability wise perhaps not but if we have experience/depth in numbers it would only do us good. These suggestions are purely based on realistically what kind of cash we have left to spend this summer if any.

I just can't see Kermorgant being as consistent this year given he has hardly been in and around pre season. If that was to be the case then that is our main source of goals gone. (I hope Yann proves me wrong as he did last year but I can't see his tally being anywhere near as good!)

Yes we have Mendes who on his day looks unplayable as he was at Villa Park but it is still too soon to know if we can rely on him to do it on a consistent basis and Jon Dadi would probably fit into this category too.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 14 Aug 2017 22:07

bracksroyal10 Given our current situation and taking into consideration how much money we have already spent in total, we should be going for one of the below strikers and this is under the assumption that to bring one of these in we are looking at no more than £5 million overall:

It won't happen he left on bad terms and I will get a lot of flack for this but Nick Blackman - Purely based on the price we could get him for, the fact Can play in a number of positions across the front line and when he was on form for us he did everything with purpose from an attacking point of view (something that we currently lack right now)

Omar Bogle - A cheap gamble but a typical Reading one that could pay off nicely in the future as it did similarly with Le Fondre. (Though we have already made this gamble in some ways with Bodvarsson)

David McGoldrick - A well established championship striker that could be tempted by a new challenge given that he has experienced mid table mediocrity at best for the last 4 years. Found his rhythm last year and seems to be taking that into this season. With better service behind him, he could have the potential to score even more.

+1 for mcgoldrick not a bad shout at all, within price range and on form.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 14 Aug 2017 22:20

On another note, is their any reason why no one from the championship has ever bought paddy madden. Seems like a good player with a proven scoring record.
Also keiran agard is young quick and has a good eye for goal.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Aug 2017 09:06

Yeah, there's a number of reasons why no-one in the Championship has taken a punt on Madden. But mainly it's because in his one spell in the championship he scored a massive 0 goals in 4 months prompting his manager to drop him and put him on the transfer list, publicly stating he was a lazy bastard with a shit attitude and a massively disruptive influence within the squad.

Basically, he's found his level in League 1 where he can score a few goals without having to put too much effort into it.

At 27, I wouldn't call Agard young and with a strike rate averaging out at 10 goals a season in League 1, I wouldn't suggest he has a that keen an eye for goal to make many waves in the Championship.

I don't really see any lower league strikers who are both young enough and good enough to be worth a punt at the moment, certainly no-one who could step in immediately and do a job. That's what we need at the moment and bringing in a lower league striker to develop would block the path for Smith and Loader. Not worth it unless they are really special player.

Ollie Watkins was probably the one stand out player but he's gone to Brentford.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Aug 2017 09:47

Julien Ngoy (Stoke) on loan might be useful.....

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 15 Aug 2017 20:21

Could we afford Crouch ? Decent tho ..

maffff Is Peter Crouch available now Stoke have another striker?

I know Villa want him.

Liege is where Knockaert went too, right?

Still wouldn't want Sa back.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 15 Aug 2017 22:16

Any target man that can score more than 15 goals in a season. Thread closed

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 17 Aug 2017 20:58

linkenholtroyal Any target man that can score more than 15 goals in a season. Thread closed

I get a weird feeling it may be Sam Gallagher. Local young target man it ticks most boxes

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Aug 2017 21:07

Interesting Brum, Villa and Derby (big surprise there) apparently

Sure he'd jump at the chance of not having to join one of those basket cases

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Aug 2017 21:17

linkenholtroyal
linkenholtroyal Any target man that can score more than 15 goals in a season. Thread closed

I get a weird feeling it may be Sam Gallagher. Local young target man it ticks most boxes

Nixon thinks he might have already committed to a club as it's taking too long for the others.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 17 Aug 2017 22:25

After Stam admitting he would like 3 more players 1 defender, 1 midfielder and 1 striker realistically who would everyone be looking to bring in?

(assuming we have no more than 10 mil left to spend)

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 17 Aug 2017 22:35

bracksroyal10 After Stam admitting he would like 3 more players 1 defender, 1 midfielder and 1 striker realistically who would everyone be looking to bring in?

(assuming we have no more than 10 mil left to spend)

Sam Gallagher
Joe ledley
Charlie Mulgrew

Job done

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 17 Aug 2017 22:44

^what linkenholt said

Or

Morrison, Karacan, Long.

Or

Fikayo Tomori, Jakob Johansson, Teemu Pukki.

ronnyroyal

by ronnyroyal » 18 Aug 2017 00:12

He didn't specify a position exactly when he said about 'striker' or 'attacker' he said 'it wouldn't be fair to speculate' or something similar.

Maybe this is out year of Total football and no out and out centre forward?

Snodgrass has been told he can leave after costing West Ham over £10M... maybe... nah that's just silly.

741 posts