Players you'd like us to sign thread

741 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Players you'd like us to sign thread

by genome » 09 Jan 2017 11:08

In (relatively) realistic terms.

For me I would be excited if we took a look at Ryan Fredericks. Has been superb every time I've seen him and would fit into the wing-back role in our 3 at the back system better than Gunter does. Would probably cost a fair bit though.

Who have you spotted that could do a job for the team?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jan 2017 11:25

Jordan Cousins always looked good i guess but we don't exactly need a CM at the moment.
Oh and that Bradley Dack guy everyone was talking about is supposedly quite good.
The 2 mids at the Posh are highly rated I believe.
I don't get to see enough football unfortunately so YouTube and other people's opinions are all I can go by.. :oops:

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Jan 2017 11:36

zac clough

Struggle Pig

by Struggle Pig » 09 Jan 2017 11:41

Apparently Boro are willing to let Jordan Rhodes go out on loan.

Proven championship striker, would very much like to see him here helping us *dare I say* go for a promotion push.

Plus it won't break the bank doing it, love the Reading way, it's worked so far this season.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Jan 2017 11:52

I've seen Wigan a few times this season and like the look of Yanic Wildschut. Admittedly his record isn't amazing but I think he'd be good with decent service in a decent time like ours

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Jan 2017 12:24

genome In (relatively) realistic terms.

For me I would be excited if we took a look at Ryan Fredericks. Has been superb every time I've seen him and would fit into the wing-back role in our 3 at the back system better than Gunter does. Would probably cost a fair bit though.

Not sure if we could afford, tbh. Norwich just knocked back a bid for £10mil for Brady. Brady has 3 goals and 3 assists in 20 odd games. Fredericks has 3 assists in 8. Obviously Brady has got the PL experience, but I was more impressed with Fredericks than Brady at the Mad Stad. Although that may well have been because Fredericks was up against Blackett / Beerens, who are not a useful defensive combo!

(for comparison, Gunts has 1 goal and 1 assist in 23 games)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jan 2017 13:51

muirinho

Not sure if we could afford, tbh. Norwich just knocked back a bid for £10mil for Brady. Brady has 3 goals and 3 assists in 20 odd games. Fredericks has 3 assists in 8. Obviously Brady has got the PL experience, but I was more impressed with Fredericks than Brady at the Mad Stad. Although that may well have been because Fredericks was up against Blackett / Beerens, who are not a useful defensive combo!

Did you see Brady at the Euros? He's an incredible talent who can play all up the left or as an AMC. Easily worth a 10 million bid.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Jan 2017 14:10

NewCorkSeth
muirinho

Did you see Brady at the Euros? He's an incredible talent who can play all up the left or as an AMC. Easily worth a 10 million bid.

yeah I did. I also saw HRK at the euros. Your point?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jan 2017 14:35

muirinho
NewCorkSeth
muirinho

I think I made all my points in my original comment?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Jan 2017 14:47

NewCorkSeth
muirinho
NewCorkSeth Did you see Brady at the Euros? He's an incredible talent who can play all up the left or as an AMC. Easily worth a 10 million bid.

Brady at the Euros isn't an indication of what he is like in the PL or Championship. He's been relegated with Hull, been relegated with Norwich, and you can't say Norwich in the Championship are mega-successful right now.
Yes, he's talented, but IMO, you couldn't say he's 5 times as good as Fredericks. Therefore, if he's worth more than £10million, Fredericks must be worth at least £4 or £5 million. Ergo we can't afford Fredericks. which was my original point.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jan 2017 14:58

muirinho
NewCorkSeth
muirinho

Brady at the Euros isn't an indication of what he is like in the PL or Championship. He's been relegated with Hull, been relegated with Norwich, and you can't say Norwich in the Championship are mega-successful right now.
Yes, he's talented, but IMO, you couldn't say he's 5 times as good as Fredericks. Therefore, if he's worth more than £10million, Fredericks must be worth at least £4 or £5 million. Ergo we can't afford Fredericks. which was my original point.

I understood you were saying he would cost the same as Brady.. i.e. over 10 million. My apologies.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Jan 2017 15:05

NewCorkSeth
muirinho
NewCorkSeth I think I made all my points in my original comment?

I understood you were saying he would cost the same as Brady.. i.e. over 10 million. My apologies.

re-reading my original post, I can see where you got that from - I wasn't clear enough. Sorry.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Jan 2017 15:17

Sam Winnall. Brentford are sniffing around him as a replacement for the Hulkster.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2017 15:22

Gunts has at least 2 assists - can think of Kelly (Bristol A) and Beerens (Bristol H) off the top of my head

Grabban on loan would be worth a go I think, reckon Bournemouth would let him go

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 09 Jan 2017 15:25

Glenn Murray.... to score goals and upset BHAFC apple cart...

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Jan 2017 15:37

Hound Gunts has at least 2 assists - can think of Kelly (Bristol A) and Beerens (Bristol H) off the top of my head

yes, you're right, - hey, so that means he's better than Fredericks..... :lol:

Hound Grabban on loan would be worth a go I think, reckon Bournemouth would let him go

also agree on this, would be very useful.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 09 Jan 2017 19:19

Derby just signed Dave Nugent.

Considering he's pissed off Fulham's fanbase and there being no room back at Derby, could we go in for Chris Martin?

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 09 Jan 2017 19:40

NewCorkSeth Oh and that Bradley Dack guy everyone was talking about is supposedly quite good.

He's looking a one-season wonder atm.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 09 Jan 2017 20:39

Jordan Rhodes

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jan 2017 20:45

RichTea94 Derby just signed Dave Nugent.

Considering he's pissed off Fulham's fanbase and there being no room back at Derby, could we go in for Chris Martin?

Johnny Russell, Darren Bent, James Wilson, Nick Blackman, Matej Vydra, Chris Martin and now Dave Nugent?
Christ Derby strikers aren't your problem..

(Expecting backlash for putting Blackman in there)

Honestly I think Martin is the best striker out of that bunch. Would be 10 goals easily right?

741 posts