Players you'd like us to sign thread

741 posts
urzmikep

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by urzmikep » 18 Jul 2017 16:44

Could this be the answer to our Striker crisis :D :D :D

Wales striker Simon Church has turned down a contract offer from Scottish Premiership side Hibernian.
The former Reading player spent a week training with Hibs, but says the deal was not good enough for him to relocate his family from Berkshire.
The 28-year-old is considering offers from abroad instead.
"Ideally I'd like to stay in the UK, but if there's an offer from abroad that's too good to turn down I'd have to look at it," he said.
Church played for Wales at Euro 2016 and remains one of the most prolific strikers in Reading's history.

The Informant

by The Informant » 18 Jul 2017 16:47

Todd Margaret
The Informant
Todd Margaret Reading need a look at Romario Williams. Should be well within budget. Jamaican international striker so he's already had some time around McCleary. He's under contract with Atlanta United (MLS) but on loan to Charleston Battery where he's leading USL (2nd div) in goals (14 in 15 games). Good size and speed. He played college soccer in Florida so he's only played 2 years pro at 22. Reggae Boyz have done well for Reading in recent years.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Now please......never suggest a player on here again.

Awful.

So you're familiar with him? Scoff at a Jamaican striker all you want, but remember that Jobi, Mapps, Hector and McCleary all had pretty good runs at Reading. He's a big 22-year-old with legs that can find the net and could be had on a budget, but I guess Reading couldn't use one of those. Sorry I brought him up. Continue to wax poetic about 35-year-old strikers with lengthy lower division resumes. Carry on.

He plays in the USA second division, he's 22 not 17 and was loaned out because he is shit.

The top league in America is awful, let alone the 2nd tier.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 18 Jul 2017 17:50

Question for the the Informant. Now that we have an idea of the budget we're working with, based on the first 2 signings and the rumoured Button deal........ Can you give us your list of realistic players that you would like us to sign, or let us know where you've posted player suggestions of your own.
Last edited by Oilroyal on 18 Jul 2017 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

The Informant

by The Informant » 18 Jul 2017 17:58

Hi Oilroyal

We as fans have no idea what our budget is.

Kind regards

The Informant.

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 18 Jul 2017 18:03

Spanish press say Joel Robles has turned down a new contract at Everton, presumably doesn't want to be sub to Pickford. Being linked to deportivo la Coruña who are basically skint and we should be able to offer more. Think he'd be a great option for us.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 18 Jul 2017 18:07

But you’re the informant and I’m sure I speak for most on here, we rely on you. You come across as both knowledgeable and informative … you must have some idea. I always thought that you are ITK, with connections at the club?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jul 2017 18:24

John Smith Just seen Ashley Cole linked to Birmingham. I couldn't even begin to imagine my excitement if he came to us. Might even have to stoop as low as a home shirt with his name on the back...

I hate that greedy little walking ego.

The Informant

by The Informant » 18 Jul 2017 18:26

When have I ever said I have connections? I think you're losing it but at least you're not pming me asking for my address anymore so you can come and fight me

Only the internet champ.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jul 2017 18:32

Todd Margaret
The Informant
Todd Margaret Reading need a look at Romario Williams. Should be well within budget. Jamaican international striker so he's already had some time around McCleary. He's under contract with Atlanta United (MLS) but on loan to Charleston Battery where he's leading USL (2nd div) in goals (14 in 15 games). Good size and speed. He played college soccer in Florida so he's only played 2 years pro at 22. Reggae Boyz have done well for Reading in recent years.

Awful.

So you're familiar with him? Scoff at a Jamaican striker all you want, but remember that Jobi, Mapps, Hector and McCleary all had pretty good runs at Reading. He's a big 22-year-old with legs that can find the net and could be had on a budget, but I guess Reading couldn't use one of those. Sorry I brought him up. Continue to wax poetic about 35-year-old strikers with lengthy lower division resumes. Carry on.

There's not really any comparison between a 22 year old with no experience from a mickey mouse league and two championship veterens, one Pl experienced defender and a product of our own top rated academy.

More Omar Daley than any of the above by the sounds.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 18 Jul 2017 18:33

The Informant
I am Only the internet chump.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 18 Jul 2017 18:35

The Informant When have I ever said I have connections? I think you're losing it but at least you're not pming me asking for my address anymore so you can come and fight me

Only the internet champ.

What a shame I always thought you were the Informant .. In The Know.. but you’re not

Todd Margaret

by Todd Margaret » 18 Jul 2017 18:38

The Informant
Todd Margaret
The Informant

Awful.

He plays in the USA second division, he's 22 not 17 and was loaned out because he is shit.

Atlanta United have also loaned out Kenwyne Jones this season, so he's in half-decent company. Crap on MLS all you want, but the reality is soccer is currently the 5th most popular professional sport in the US, but the league is growing and gaining investment rapidly (all without selling our clubs off to foreign oligarchs.) It's progressing and maybe not as awful as you think if you haven't watched in a while.

The Informant

by The Informant » 18 Jul 2017 18:42

Still a shit player.

Let's leave it there.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 18 Jul 2017 18:42

Todd Margaret
The Informant
Todd Margaret

Atlanta United have also loaned out Kenwyne Jones this season, so he's in half-decent company. Crap on MLS all you want, but the reality is soccer is currently the 5th most popular professional sport in the US, but the league is growing and gaining investment rapidly (all without selling our clubs off to foreign oligarchs.) It's progressing and maybe not as awful as you think if you haven't watched in a while.

ignore him TM, he gets a kick out of this, putting people down (online of course)... it's just sad and it's one individual, on his own.

Todd Margaret

by Todd Margaret » 18 Jul 2017 18:52

Oilroyal
ignore him TM, he gets a kick out of this, putting people down (online of course)... it's just sad and it's one individual, on his own.

I have a Twitter troll for a President, so well familiar. :lol:

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 18 Jul 2017 19:05

The Informant Hi Oilroyal

We as fans have no idea what our budget is.

Kind regards

The Informant.

Can you give us your list of realistic players that you would like us to sign, or let us know where you've posted player suggestions of your own.
Last edited by Oilroyal on 18 Jul 2017 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

JR

by JR » 18 Jul 2017 19:06

urzmikep Could this be the answer to our Striker crisis :D :D :D

Wales striker Simon Church has turned down a contract offer from Scottish Premiership side Hibernian.
The former Reading player spent a week training with Hibs, but says the deal was not good enough for him to relocate his family from Berkshire.
The 28-year-old is considering offers from abroad instead.
"Ideally I'd like to stay in the UK, but if there's an offer from abroad that's too good to turn down I'd have to look at it," he said.
Church played for Wales at Euro 2016 and remains one of the most prolific strikers in Reading's history.

Anybody else nearly piss themselves reading the last sentence?!

Tommio

by Tommio » 18 Jul 2017 19:18

Todd Margaret
The Informant

Awful.

Seem to remember us having a good Oman goalkeeper. Judging by your logic we should sign Omans number 9 then right?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Jul 2017 19:55

Tommio
Todd Margaret
The Informant

Awful.

Seem to remember us having a good Oman goalkeeper. Judging by your logic we should sign Omans number 9 then right?

I dont think you followed his logic very well.. He clearly used the plural from when referring to players from a nation doing well for us. Try again?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 19 Jul 2017 09:15

With Burnley adding Walters to there ranks. do you think that either Barnes or Gray may be available. would both fit Stams criteria of target man. We would have to probably pay through our back teeth for either of them though.

741 posts