741 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by NewCorkSeth » 03 May 2017 11:33

muirinho
NewCorkSeth
muirinho
Is Ruddy really an upgrade on alHabsi? We've got some decent goalkeeping prospects coming through too.

What about Steven Naismith?

Dont think hes on the release list?

Apparently, if he isn't now, he will be.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot ... h-10345083

Fair enough! Yeah I wouldnt say no to him provided were not paying 50,000 a week.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 May 2017 15:03

muirinho
John Smith Looks like a bit of an exodus at Norwich this summer, likely based on wages. If that's the case then maybe a raid on a few stars if we go up? Jerome, Ruddy and Howson, perhaps?

Is Ruddy really an upgrade on alHabsi? We've got some decent goalkeeping prospects coming through too.

What about Steven Naismith?

Only cos of Ali's age

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 May 2017 11:27

Uninterested, overpaid, underperforming slop?

No thank you. Avoid. All of them.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 04 May 2017 11:44

maffff
Top Flight I also like the look of Botafogo's Camilo. I reckon he could do a job for us in the Premier League. He has enough flair.

Going to the Brazilian league, I'd love Giorgian De Arrascaeta to ply his trade in the English leagues.

I reckon Thonny Anderson from their youth team has a hell of a career ahead of himself too.

I like the signing of players from academies like Swift and Meite...

Given the Ajax link I would love to see us nab a couple of theirs.

Carel Eiting - as a replacement in waiting for vdB (only another year on his contract at Ajax), would mean Evans/Kelly weren't pushed so deep either (+ can fill in at CB)

Jairo Riedewald from Ajax, 20, left footed CB, although that would presumably spell the end of Blackett.

Kasper Dolberg (who scored for Ajax last night) said he wouldn't move to Manchester United or City right now as he needs games. So clearly Beijing Renhe are going to buy him for £20m and sell him to us for £1, or send him on a two year loan to us..

Doubt we could get a work permit for any Chinese players but if we were to look to recruit from China (raise our profile there), how about Hanwen Deng? signed in January by Renhe, 22 year old Right Back with international caps. If we stay down and Gunter moves on, an option as direct competition for Watson?

Lastly, not that I overly want him, when Ayub Masika joined Renhe from Lierge he was offered either Roeselare or Reading if he doesn't settle there. Reckon he could rock on up for us in the near future? I doubt he's at our level, but interesting he mentioned it was offered.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 May 2017 12:25

maffff
maffff
Top Flight I also like the look of Botafogo's Camilo. I reckon he could do a job for us in the Premier League. He has enough flair.

Going to the Brazilian league, I'd love Giorgian De Arrascaeta to ply his trade in the English leagues.

I reckon Thonny Anderson from their youth team has a hell of a career ahead of himself too.

I like the signing of players from academies like Swift and Meite...

Given the Ajax link I would love to see us nab a couple of theirs.

Carel Eiting - as a replacement in waiting for vdB (only another year on his contract at Ajax), would mean Evans/Kelly weren't pushed so deep either (+ can fill in at CB)

Jairo Riedewald from Ajax, 20, left footed CB, although that would presumably spell the end of Blackett.

Kasper Dolberg (who scored for Ajax last night) said he wouldn't move to Manchester United or City right now as he needs games. So clearly Beijing Renhe are going to buy him for £20m and sell him to us for £1, or send him on a two year loan to us..

Doubt we could get a work permit for any Chinese players but if we were to look to recruit from China (raise our profile there), how about Hanwen Deng? signed in January by Renhe, 22 year old Right Back with international caps. If we stay down and Gunter moves on, an option as direct competition for Watson?

Lastly, not that I overly want him, when Ayub Masika joined Renhe from Lierge he was offered either Roeselare or Reading if he doesn't settle there. Reckon he could rock on up for us in the near future? I doubt he's at our level, but interesting he mentioned it was offered.

Che Nunnely is often quoted as a big talent. Zivkovic I've been told looks good. Haven't seen either myself.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Kyle Lafferty (Would it even be possible).

by linkenholtroyal » 04 May 2017 16:41

I have always been a fan of Kyle Lafferty and he has been told he is free to leave to find a new club, If he was released and was a free agent I am right in thinking we still could not sign him and use him for the play offs.

as a side note hes a quick tenacious type of forward and would fit in well being one of the links to Kermit in my view.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Kyle Lafferty (Would it even be possible).

by NewCorkSeth » 04 May 2017 16:48

But hes Oxf*rd..

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 04 May 2017 17:56

I also thought about this- he did a good job as backup to Kermie for me on FM!

But like all good Northern Irish strikers, he'll only score consistently at league 1 level while banging in 50 on the international stage. Unless Stam inexplicably fancies him, it's a no from me.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 May 2017 20:00

linkenholtroyal I have always been a fan of Kyle Lafferty and he has been told he is free to leave to find a new club, If he was released and was a free agent I am right in thinking we still could not sign him and use him for the play offs.

as a side note hes a quick tenacious type of forward and would fit in well being one of the links to Kermit in my view.

Obviously you can't sign players st this stage ! The only possibility is if the player was a free agent in the last window IIRC. UNLESS HIS CONTRACT HAS BEEN CANCELLED HE WON't be a free agent until it expires anyway, which would be 1st June.
Anyway I would hope we would be looking to sign significantly better players than him ....

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 04 May 2017 20:23

NewCorkSeth But hes Oxf*rd..

This.
He's a standing stick of shit

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 May 2017 17:58

Someone who could do a job for us but that job probably wouldn't be playing football.

Always thought he was a similar sort of player to Yann, only slower, less mobile, less technically able and with a worse goalscoring record.

I suppose he could act as injury cover for Mendes.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 05 May 2017 23:13

We almost signed him last summer.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 07 May 2017 14:47

Had to check if Sam Gallagher belonged to Blackburn or Southampton still, turns out it's the latter. In that case, there's nobody from the Blackburn squad I rate enough to sign.

Would have fancied Assombalonga...

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 May 2017 18:50

RichTea94 Had to check if Sam Gallagher belonged to Blackburn or Southampton still, turns out it's the latter. In that case, there's nobody from the Blackburn squad I rate enough to sign.

Would have fancied Assombalonga...

I dont think theres a single player in the Blackburn team that would make our squad better other than possibly Jason Steele.

Kuhl_Runnings

by Kuhl_Runnings » 08 May 2017 09:27

Hound I like the look of Brentford this season. Obviously defensively they are not great, but they have some real quality up front and in midfield. I'd be sniffing around them, seeing if the likes of Vibe or Jota may be available.

+1, would also take Jozefzoon in a heartbeat

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 08 May 2017 10:13

RichTea94 Would have fancied Assombalonga...

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's scored some crucial goals to keep them up and looks like he's over his injury. Probably looking at double figures though in this crazy day and age

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 May 2017 10:40

£10-£99 would be a steal tbf. In reality though, they are probably looking for a 7 - 8 figure sum.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 08 May 2017 12:56

John Smith
RichTea94 Would have fancied Assombalonga...

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's scored some crucial goals to keep them up and looks like he's over his injury. Probably looking at double figures though in this crazy day and age

No doubt Derby and Villa will compete to sign him for £15,000,000.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 May 2017 14:36

Kuhl_Runnings
Hound I like the look of Brentford this season. Obviously defensively they are not great, but they have some real quality up front and in midfield. I'd be sniffing around them, seeing if the likes of Vibe or Jota may be available.

+1, would also take Jozefzoon in a heartbeat

He absolutely tore Gunter a new one when he came off the bench against us in the home fixture. Was painful to watch

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 13 May 2017 22:26

Gibson, Chambers, Solanke, Defoe, any of the Ajax younsters

Although a few of the fleetwood lot look nifty :lol:

741 posts