Players you'd like us to sign thread

596 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5322
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by Hound » 18 Jan 2017 22:05

Yep agreed - and not play Kelly, Swift and Williams together ever again as a Midfield 3

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5348
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by CountryRoyal » 18 Jan 2017 23:35

Hound wrote:Yep agreed - and not play Kelly, Swift and Williams together ever again as a Midfield 3


+10000

Who do we fukking think we are, Barcelona?

RichTea94
Member
Posts: 200
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 18:37

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by RichTea94 » 19 Jan 2017 00:45

Stam said in his press conference today that there's money available, but not £5-6 million. Which presumably puts pretty much all proven champ strikers out of our reach unless we wangle a loan deal.

Assuming the £2-3 million mark for a striker, who is there out there? Presumably a punt on someone from the lower leagues or abroad.

Tommio
Member
Posts: 640
Joined: 04 Aug 2013 14:13

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by Tommio » 19 Jan 2017 08:53

RichTea94 wrote:Stam said in his press conference today that there's money available, but not £5-6 million. Which presumably puts pretty much all proven champ strikers out of our reach unless we wangle a loan deal.

Assuming the £2-3 million mark for a striker, who is there out there? Presumably a punt on someone from the lower leagues or abroad.

Danny ward, omar bogle

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5322
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by Hound » 19 Jan 2017 10:08

Do wonder whether those players from the lower leagues would actually be any better than Samuel or Rakels (is he still alive?) though

you'd have to think either of those two would probably score a fair few in Div2

I'm not sure if there is anyone like Sam Winnall knocking about coming to the end of their contract. Think Sheff Wed got a steal there.


User avatar
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 45504
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 13:43
Location: Playing spot the pc*nt on HNA?

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by Ian Royal » 19 Jan 2017 10:24

Hound wrote:Do wonder whether those players from the lower leagues would actually be any better than Samuel or Rakels (is he still alive?) though

you'd have to think either of those two would probably score a fair few in Div2

I'm not sure if there is anyone like Sam Winnall knocking about coming to the end of their contract. Think Sheff Wed got a steal there.

We don't necessarily need better, but if Stam is going to persisst with one up, we do need different. Neither of them are really line leaders imo.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5012
Joined: 23 Aug 2013 12:25

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by Nameless » 19 Jan 2017 11:25

So we have Kermogant who is a line leader, we have Samuels, Rakells who are different, and we have Meite who looks different again.
What are we looking for ?

User avatar
linkenholtroyal
Member
Posts: 717
Joined: 09 Jan 2015 17:18
Location: anywhere but where you want me

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by linkenholtroyal » 19 Jan 2017 11:30

Nameless wrote:So we have Kermogant who is a line leader, we have Samuels, Rakells who are different, and we have Meite who looks different again.
What are we looking for ?

the holy grail

User avatar
linkenholtroyal
Member
Posts: 717
Joined: 09 Jan 2015 17:18
Location: anywhere but where you want me

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by linkenholtroyal » 19 Jan 2017 11:35

If you could pry him away from Scunthorpe, I reckon Paddy Madden could be the best for that money he has consistently scored goals in league 1 for a few years and is a more complete player than others mentioned. scunny would probably accept 2 million for him.


User avatar
6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11458
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 10:09
Location: Chasing buffalo and the good times.

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by 6ft Kerplunk » 19 Jan 2017 12:44

Nameless wrote:So we have Kermogant who is a line leader, we have Samuels, Rakells who are different, and we have Meite who looks different again.
What are we looking for ?


Someone who scores lots of goals. HTH.

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5348
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by CountryRoyal » 19 Jan 2017 13:30

linkenholtroyal wrote:If you could pry him away from Scunthorpe, I reckon Paddy Madden could be the best for that money he has consistently scored goals in league 1 for a few years and is a more complete player than others mentioned. scunny would probably accept 2 million for him.


Yeah his 0 goals when Yeovil were in the championship were really impressive.

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 18633
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by genome » 19 Jan 2017 13:33

Josh Morris has 17 goals in League One this season... from midfield :shock:

User avatar
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 45504
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 13:43
Location: Playing spot the pc*nt on HNA?

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by Ian Royal » 19 Jan 2017 13:47

Nameless wrote:So we have Kermogant who is a line leader, we have Samuels, Rakells who are different, and we have Meite who looks different again.
What are we looking for ?

Kermie doesn't score enough and is old. So back up / replacement for him.

But it really depends how we shape up for what we need.


User avatar
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 18928
Joined: 06 Jul 2015 00:19
Location: JAPAN! fcuk you all.

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by Maneki Neko » 19 Jan 2017 13:59

Hound wrote:Yep agreed - and not play Kelly, Swift and Williams together ever again as a Midfield 3


jeezy Christ yes.

User avatar
linkenholtroyal
Member
Posts: 717
Joined: 09 Jan 2015 17:18
Location: anywhere but where you want me

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by linkenholtroyal » 19 Jan 2017 14:10

CountryRoyal wrote:
linkenholtroyal wrote:If you could pry him away from Scunthorpe, I reckon Paddy Madden could be the best for that money he has consistently scored goals in league 1 for a few years and is a more complete player than others mentioned. scunny would probably accept 2 million for him.


Yeah his 0 goals when Yeovil were in the championship were really impressive.

That was 4 years ago before he had developed and also he was playing with players round him of Yeovils standard (no offence Yeovil) He is quick pacey and has an eye for goal he pretty much ticks all the boxes.

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5348
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by CountryRoyal » 19 Jan 2017 14:24

linkenholtroyal wrote:
CountryRoyal wrote:
linkenholtroyal wrote:If you could pry him away from Scunthorpe, I reckon Paddy Madden could be the best for that money he has consistently scored goals in league 1 for a few years and is a more complete player than others mentioned. scunny would probably accept 2 million for him.


Yeah his 0 goals when Yeovil were in the championship were really impressive.

That was 4 years ago before he had developed and also he was playing with players round him of Yeovils standard (no offence Yeovil) He is quick pacey and has an eye for goal he pretty much ticks all the boxes.


Yeovil were in the champ 4 years ago?!

:shock:

Holy shit.

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 18633
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by genome » 19 Jan 2017 14:47

Ian Royal wrote:
Nameless wrote:So we have Kermogant who is a line leader, we have Samuels, Rakells who are different, and we have Meite who looks different again.
What are we looking for ?

Kermie doesn't score enough and is old. So back up / replacement for him.


If you look at Kermorgant's record since last January, he's played 38 games with 10 goals. For Bournemouth he got 38 (15).

Double figures in the Championship over less than a full season isn't bad for a 35 year old.

bracksroyal10
Member
Posts: 574
Joined: 17 Apr 2012 12:14
Location: Bracknell

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by bracksroyal10 » 19 Jan 2017 15:46

genome wrote:
Ian Royal wrote:
Nameless wrote:So we have Kermogant who is a line leader, we have Samuels, Rakells who are different, and we have Meite who looks different again.
What are we looking for ?

Kermie doesn't score enough and is old. So back up / replacement for him.


If you look at Kermorgant's record since last January, he's played 38 games with 10 goals. For Bournemouth he got 38 (15).

Double figures in the Championship over less than a full season isn't bad for a 35 year old.


Interesting stat as I didn't feel Kermorgant scored enough!

I think unless an unbelievable option becomes available to us, there is very little reason to replace anyone. I think Rakels still has something to offer us off the bench providing he can get himself fit.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5012
Joined: 23 Aug 2013 12:25

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by Nameless » 19 Jan 2017 15:49

Ian Royal wrote:
Nameless wrote:So we have Kermogant who is a line leader, we have Samuels, Rakells who are different, and we have Meite who looks different again.
What are we looking for ?

Kermie doesn't score enough and is old. So back up / replacement for him.

But it really depends how we shape up for what we need.


So no real need to panic in this window.
Replacing Kermogant in the summer is a priority, buying the wrong player at a daft price is not necessary now.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3616
Joined: 05 Jul 2013 00:17
Location: I want to bathe with you in the sea.

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Jan 2017 13:48

Were now linked with Darnell Furlong who I believe is a RB. Contract is up in the summer. This is interesting if true considering the emergence of Watson.

596 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

It is currently 28 May 2018 06:07