Adham El Idrissi

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Adham El Idrissi

by Nameless » 25 Jan 2017 21:20

FiNeRaIn Fair point on the " instead" part, I just meant I hope we are making a big effort to bring someone in and this isn't a " here's a cheaper young winger who can play upfront as well" kind of deal as it wouldn't be the first time ( Mendes).

As for left back, you are probably right. But between Obita and Blackett we are constantly being shit on down that side. It has to be said Obita hasn't come on defensively despite showing early promise in his career and Blackett was always a liability if you read other clubs opinions of him also.

Whether we want to admit it or not left back is also a problem.

Solved by us now playing a formation without a left back !
Obita is a very decent left wing back.....
If we signed an orthodox left back we'd probably not use them very much, hence it not looking like a priority.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Jan 2017 21:31

FiNeRaIn Thats literally all we need to cement a place in the playoffs.

One player isn't going to make this current team worldbeaters. Focus on the long term. As seems to be Stam's plan.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 25 Jan 2017 21:50

Lower West
FiNeRaIn Thats literally all we need to cement a place in the playoffs.

One player isn't going to make this current team worldbeaters. Focus on the long term. As seems to be Stam's plan.

We don't need to be world beaters. Adding a striker would cement our playoff place if not push us on for next season also. We aren't going to keep scoring penalty rebounds all season lets be real. That's the most obvious weakness and just about everyone accepts that. If we can't sign one permanently get a loan, there are plenty of prem youngsters who would be fine at championship level who wouldn't break the bank and are nowhere near first team action for their parent clubs. Waiting until the last day of the transfer window usually means one thing for Reading fans, disappointment again.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Jan 2017 23:01

NewCorkSeth
Nameless I doubt we've made a decision to get a youth player in INSTEAD of a first team striker......

As for a left back being high on the priority list, I have my doubts.

+1

+3

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2017 13:57

Ian Royal
NewCorkSeth
Nameless I doubt we've made a decision to get a youth player in INSTEAD of a first team striker......

As for a left back being high on the priority list, I have my doubts.

+1

+3

=4

bluerinse

by bluerinse » 04 Feb 2017 10:48

Anybody know what happened to this guy. Was on trial, did we sign him or has he gone back to Holland?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 04 Feb 2017 16:59

bluerinse Anybody know what happened to this guy. Was on trial, did we sign him or has he gone back to Holland?

Let off with a caution.