Jaap Stam to Leicester?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Jaap Stam to Leicester?

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Feb 2017 19:28

gdroyal Yes but he had a whole pre-season to get us playing the way he wanted to. He wouldn't have that time if he jumped ship now. As another post above states, could you imagine him walking in and getting Huth and Morgan to pass out from the back.

More importantly, he had a whole pre season and a transfer window to bring in 11 players to play his system.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 24 Feb 2017 19:45

33/1 and drifting, more chance of us being Championship champions then Jaap going

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 24 Feb 2017 23:19

blueroyals Sacking the world manager of the year who won the PL 8 months ago

To replace him with somebody who has managed about 30 professional games in total?

Nah, don't think so

This.

No way no how.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Feb 2017 01:16

From Despair To Where?
gdroyal Yes but he had a whole pre-season to get us playing the way he wanted to. He wouldn't have that time if he jumped ship now. As another post above states, could you imagine him walking in and getting Huth and Morgan to pass out from the back.

More importantly, he had a whole pre season and a transfer window to bring in 11 players to play his system.

And it's still a long term project with some way to go................ PL is ruthless. You have to hit the ground running.

Still Hate Futcher!

by Still Hate Futcher! » 26 Feb 2017 08:15

LoyalRoyal22 No chance. They need a quick fix, I dont think Stam introducing his style of play at this stage of there season would bring any kind of results. Imagine trying to get Huth & Morgan to pass it out from the back.

What he said. Leicester are after a Fat Sam style quick fix. As good as Stam is I think he'd almost certainly condemn them to the drop.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 26 Feb 2017 11:38

Still Hate Futcher!
LoyalRoyal22 No chance. They need a quick fix, I dont think Stam introducing his style of play at this stage of there season would bring any kind of results. Imagine trying to get Huth & Morgan to pass it out from the back.

What he said. Leicester are after a Fat Sam style quick fix. As good as Stam is I think he'd almost certainly condemn them to the drop.

Pearson apparently, dear me. While I really like him, sounds like a desperate case of the McDermott.