Brian Tevreden to Derby??

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Brian Tevreden to Derby??

by Hendo » 18 Mar 2017 08:22

Top Flight
Royal_jimmy
Top Flight This is precisely the reason why we were always better off with a more modest management structure in the shape of Brian McDermott.

These big name bosses as soon as they start doing well they're gone in a flash. If Stam heads out the door too then all the recent progress made in the past 6 months will very quickly turn to dust.

At the end of the day, Brian McDermott was the best fit for Reading FC. Stam is too big a name for the Royals.

Are you serious? if Brian had been in charge we'd be heading for league 1!!

He only got us promoted because he knew our players very well. He's proven himself since to be an uncapable manager

Brian is the second most successful manager in 150 years of RFC history. I think it's you who is proven to be incapable. Incapable of knowing a good manager when you see one.

That he might be. So if he is such a good manager, I'm sure that he has been able to pick up work, as a manager, after leaving Reading both times?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Mar 2017 19:37

Well he got the Leeds job. And did a pretty reasonable job all things considered.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 Mar 2017 10:11

Hendo
Top Flight
Royal_jimmy
Are you serious? if Brian had been in charge we'd be heading for league 1!!

He only got us promoted because he knew our players very well. He's proven himself since to be an uncapable manager

Brian is the second most successful manager in 150 years of RFC history. I think it's you who is proven to be incapable. Incapable of knowing a good manager when you see one.

That he might be. So if he is such a good manager, I'm sure that he has been able to pick up work, as a manager, after leaving Reading both times?

Remember BMcD admitted that he had been offered a number of good management jobs whilst he was scouting for the Arse but turned them all down. After the way he was treated by Anton, then the Italian owner at Leeds and now our Thai ownership I'm not surprised if he prises job security in a scouting position more highly than all the ridiculous flak and unrealistic expectations and short-term thinking of a management job.

He has been burned numerous times and unfairly on every occassion in my humble opinion. When Brian is supported and given a proper opportunity he succeeds big time. When he is undermined and given unrealistic expectations and mistreated then like any manager faced with those circumstances he will struggle. Reading succeeded under Pardew, Coppell and McDermott because of the underlying stability at the club at the time. The job of team manager is important but as Jaap Stam is contsantly telling us all at the moment, there needs to be that underpinning stability at the club if you genuinely want to achieve any kind of lasting success.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Mar 2017 10:23

He is back scouting at Arsenal isn't he? Sure he is more than happy in that role to be honest

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 21 Mar 2017 11:08

Hound He is back scouting at Arsenal isn't he? Sure he is more than happy in that role to be honest

Yep - especially with how busy he'll be over the summer.