Brian Tevreden to Derby??

gdroyal

Brian Tevreden to Derby??

by gdroyal » 13 Mar 2017 10:21

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/13/po ... -by-derby/

@charles_watts
The Brian Tevreden link to Derby is 100 per cent true #readingfc fans - they want him as DOF.

The Informant

Re: Brian Tevreden to Derby??

by The Informant » 13 Mar 2017 10:34

I am TOO excited about this.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Mar 2017 10:53

Fcuking hell. Charles with his finger on the pulse and he's not even our reporter any more.

I'd be surprised if this happens. Brian seemed very passionate about the project in interviews. Depends how much money Derby offer him I guess, and what the takeover situation is...

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Mar 2017 10:59

LOL the Chronicle Reporter tweeted about no official approach for him just yet, 2 minutes later Jonathan Low tweeted the same :lol:

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 13 Mar 2017 12:33

Not sure Brian Tevreden and Garry Rowett would be on the same page with regards to how the game should be played

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Mar 2017 07:34

genome Fcuking hell. Charles with his finger on the pulse and he's not even our reporter any more.

I'd be surprised if this happens. Brian seemed very passionate about the project in interviews. Depends how much money Derby offer him I guess, and what the takeover situation is...

For Watts to 100% know this you have to think Brian text him the news himself to stir things up or Alex Pearce has text him on a wind up!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 14 Mar 2017 09:55

This is precisely the reason why we were always better off with a more modest management structure in the shape of Brian McDermott.

These big name bosses as soon as they start doing well they're gone in a flash. If Stam heads out the door too then all the recent progress made in the past 6 months will very quickly turn to dust.

At the end of the day, Brian McDermott was the best fit for Reading FC. Stam is too big a name for the Royals.

The Informant

by The Informant » 14 Mar 2017 10:12

If Brian and Stam go, I might start enjoying the football again.

Get Pards in!

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 14 Mar 2017 14:39

The Informant If Brian and Stam go, I might start enjoying the football again.

Get Pards in!

Sack the pair of them and get Pards back ASAP

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Mar 2017 15:23

Get Mark McGhee back to finish what he started

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Mar 2017 17:50

Top Flight This is precisely the reason why we were always better off with a more modest management structure in the shape of Brian McDermott.

These big name bosses as soon as they start doing well they're gone in a flash. If Stam heads out the door too then all the recent progress made in the past 6 months will very quickly turn to dust.

At the end of the day, Brian McDermott was the best fit for Reading FC. Stam is too big a name for the Royals.

Does anyone have Top Flight on suicide watch? I think someone had better take his belt away... I'd say shoelaces too, but we all know he's not out of velcro yet.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Mar 2017 10:59

Ian Royal
Top Flight This is precisely the reason why we were always better off with a more modest management structure in the shape of Brian McDermott.

Does anyone have Top Flight on suicide watch? I think someone had better take his belt away... I'd say shoelaces too, but we all know he's not out of velcro yet.

I thought his post was him trying to be funny?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Mar 2017 13:07

Are you serious? if Brian had been in charge we'd be heading for league 1!!

He only got us promoted because he knew our players very well. He's proven himself since to be an uncapable manager

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 15 Mar 2017 13:20

Royal_jimmy

Are you serious? if Brian had been in charge we'd be heading for league 1!!

He only got us promoted because he knew our players very well. He's proven himself since to be an uncapable manager

Brian is the second most successful manager in 150 years of RFC history. I think it's you who is proven to be incapable. Incapable of knowing a good manager when you see one.

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 15 Mar 2017 13:41

Mcdermott was tactically inept. The reason he was successful for us, is the reason that Shakespeare is getting results at Leicester . That simply comes down to being surrounded by staff and a group of players who know you and respect you and vice versa.

Mcdermott showed this on his second time as manager (with a squad of players he knew nothing about and that didn't know him) and as someone previously pointed out, if he was in charge this season we would be at the other end of the table.

Anyway, hopefully Tevreden doesn't go, has done a fantastic job since he's been here and would be a real loss to the club

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 15 Mar 2017 14:47

The only one is who is inept around here is you moonwalker.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Mar 2017 09:12

This isn't about a name manager starting to do well though is it, it's about continuing uncertainty behind the scenes which would be no different regardless of the manager. And anyway, this particular speculation is about the DoF, not the manager, who I think would be a much bigger loss.

In what time he did have, I didn't really see any evidence last season that McDermott had a particularly strong working relationship with the owners, the opposite was true, his public statements were often made with veiled criticisms. This is a very different club to the one McDermott has success with. When Stam has commented on what's going on behind the scenes, he has been a lot smarter in the way he has done it.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Mar 2017 09:41

moonwalklikebas Mcdermott was tactically inept. The reason he was successful for us, is the reason that Shakespeare is getting results at Leicester . That simply comes down to being surrounded by staff and a group of players who know you and respect you and vice versa.

Mcdermott showed this on his second time as manager (with a squad of players he knew nothing about and that didn't know him) and as someone previously pointed out, if he was in charge this season we would be at the other end of the table.

Anyway, hopefully Tevreden doesn't go, has done a fantastic job since he's been here and would be a real loss to the club

This post is 100% accurate.

Top Flight The only one is who is inept around here is you moonwalker.

Top Flight is more stubborn than 4rsene

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Mar 2017 10:17

From Despair To Where?

This isn't about a name manager starting to do well though is it, it's about continuing uncertainty behind the scenes which would be no different regardless of the manager. And anyway, this particular speculation is about the DoF, not the manager, who I think would be a much bigger loss.

In what time he did have, I didn't really see any evidence last season that McDermott had a particularly strong working relationship with the owners, the opposite was true, his public statements were often made with veiled criticisms. This is a very different club to the one McDermott has success with. When Stam has commented on what's going on behind the scenes, he has been a lot smarter in the way he has done it.

Yep, it's a very unstable club. New manager every 6 months.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Mar 2017 11:08

We'll, if the previous manager ain't up to the job.......

We were awful last season, Stam has made us competitive, despite the uncertainty and it is a great deal more uncertain this season than last. As it stands at the moment, it will be his decision whether he leaves, not the club's. Likewise Tevreden. A subtle but very key difference.