Ins and Outs – 2017/18

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ins and Outs – 2017/18

by Hound » 08 Jun 2017 10:57

be interesting to know what we are asking. It might be that we try to loan him out again

Definitely potential there to be a decent player

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Jun 2017 11:19

The Informant MILLWALL BID FOR COOPER

Millwall have made two bids for Reading centre-back Jake Cooper, the South London Press reports, after his successful loan spell with the Lions in the second half of last season.

“With Coops we have made two financial bids since the close season started,” said manager Neil Harris. “We are still in talks with Reading at the moment to try and secure Jake.

“He’s a player we highly admire and would like to get in but as with every young player with ability it is hard to prise him away from his current club. We’re very respectful of the fact he is Reading player."

Harris I believe said they won't spend lots of money so I would have thought they would be priced out of this move.
I have long tried in vain to defend Cooper as a prized asset on this site and with the (almost) reveal that he was moved out of the club due to a non football related issue I will once again champion him as a potential quality player.
We need to hold on to him and if first team opportunities are limited settle for a loan. Do not sell.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 Jun 2017 13:56

NewCorkSeth
I have long tried in vain to defend Cooper as a prized asset on this site and with the (almost) reveal that he was moved out of the club due to a non football related issue I will once again champion him as a potential quality player.
We need to hold on to him and if first team opportunities are limited settle for a loan. Do not sell.

Remember when Cooper and Tish were borrowed by United for the cup in the Netherlands a few years back? Cooper was the standout player at that level. United wanted him permanently back then.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jun 2017 14:25

NewCorkSeth

Millwall have made two bids for Reading centre-back Jake Cooper, the South London Press reports, after his successful loan spell with the Lions in the second half of last season.

“With Coops we have made two financial bids since the close season started,” said manager Neil Harris. “We are still in talks with Reading at the moment to try and secure Jake.

“He’s a player we highly admire and would like to get in but as with every young player with ability it is hard to prise him away from his current club. We’re very respectful of the fact he is Reading player."

Harris I believe said they won't spend lots of money so I would have thought they would be priced out of this move.

Believe he's out of contract next summer so unless he's going to have decent involvement in the squad in 2017/2018 the club may well decide to let him go now to avoid losing him for nothing next year. Obviously depends how on the two club's valuations and what Reading can negotiate as a sell on clause.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jun 2017 14:39

Sutekh
NewCorkSeth

Believe he's out of contract next summer so unless he's going to have decent involvement in the squad in 2017/2018 the club may well decide to let him go now to avoid losing him for nothing next year. Obviously depends how on the two club's valuations and what Reading can negotiate as a sell on clause.

Wouldn't be for nothing as U24, but get your point. I think he'll leave to be honest

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Jun 2017 14:44

Sutekh
NewCorkSeth

I can just see this be an Antonio situation. He's shown enough that I think we can expect him to develop more as a player.
The majority of criticism for him on here refers to his (apparant) ability to make a costly mistake every game. That, if true, is something that coaching and tactical comfortability should sort out.

If we lose Moore than I would suggest Cooper could fill the central sweeper position in a back 3. Obviously tall enough to cover crosses and would be given ugh more time to develop his passing given the current tactics and his passes should only be backwards or sideways anyway.
With Ilori and Blackett forming the other 2 positions we have talented passers of the ball who would lift the pressure off Cooper giving him more time to show off his strengths.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jun 2017 14:54

possibly true. My feelings are that Stam doesnt really fancy him, and if he leaves would back himself to get someone better in - may be wrong though

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 08 Jun 2017 19:34

Watched Cooper a few years back away at Sheffied Weds and thought he was really good on the ball and a class act, then he seemed to go a bit backwards and always seemed to have a mistake in him. I still believe that the loan spell at Millwall would have done him some good and under the guidance of Jaap he could become a class act.
Lets not forget, the guy is great in the air, both in defense and in attack (Two goals against Norwich a few yrs back). I really would like to give him a run in the first team next season just to make sure.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 09 Jun 2017 09:15

Corbyn in, May out.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jun 2017 11:55

Monk in at Middlesboro and Slutsky at Hull...

Felt91

by Felt91 » 09 Jun 2017 21:23

Fraizer Campbell been released by palace so has ledly. Both good players for this level.
Shaun maloney from hull to. Cover out wide or in behind striker.
Couple decent freebies from Sunderland too, anichebe, seb Larson, will Buckley.
All decent cover on decent wages and prem experience for a few years

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 10 Jun 2017 11:20

Chappers93
RoyalJones
Chappers93 For me we need another LB - Mitchell Dijks who was on loan at Norwich from Ajax looked decent and surely has links to Stam and Brian T, still young too, think he wants to go there permanently though

Think we'll need another box to box midfielder to replace Williams as sadly can't see him staying, perhaps Joe Ledley on a free? Would add xperience

An attacking CM to help add goals, take the pressure off Swift and add a bit more creativity and more options in a long season (can't see Quinn being that player and Beerans/Popa are better off wide) perhaps the Watford player is who is lined up

And one possibly two strikers, would Grabban be one at the right price? He's ok at Champ level and Stam seems to like him, possibly a loan? Perhaps someone with a point to prove Sam Gallagher, Chupa Akpom?

Think sell Samuel, Cooper, Weiser, Denzel or loan as fringe players not needed or not an improvement on what we have

Think loan for Keown and Novackavic probably 1 or 2 other younger players for FL experience (Barrett, Dickie, Axel)

Interesting to see what happens if bids come in for Moore or Kelly hopefully we can keep them here for at least another year, also interested to see if Hurtado and Fosu gets another chance to impress or if we just gets sold or loaned again, would like to see Stacey involved more even as a squad player

Our biggest signing possible would obviously be Stam, hopefully it's on the priority of things to sort out and would help encourage players to both stay here and new players to come here too

Ledley could be a brilliant signing if Williams does go in terms of being a box to box midfielder. His recent Premier League experience is going to make him a good asset for us. If I had the choice between Ledley and Williams however, I would take Williams all day long. He brings a lot of energy to the side and he would be a big loss if he didn't sign a new contract. My feeling is that he will move on this summer, despite Brian Tevreden saying he will do everything to hang on to him.

I think if we do bring in that Watford player, we may even need more attacking midfielders if he doesn't quite live up to his potential yet. Having multiple creative options will solve the problem of us being static in midfield. This will make our style of play more exciting next season I hope. Who is available to buy who's a creative central midfielder?

I think Grabban would be a good player for us but he needs to be played in the correct position and with the right style of play. Does Grabban suit this style of play? I'm not so sure. Unless he's available for £1m or under, which I highly highly doubt, then I don't think we should buy him permanently. I don't think Grabban would want to go out on loan again. Novakovich could be a viable option for us this year after being in good goal scoring form for the U23s, although he may need a loan out to another side. Mendes hasn't really been given a lot of time to make an impact on the first team. He has scored a few goals for us when he has been given the chance so I expect to see him making more frequent appearances next season then he has done so far. However, I do agree that we will need to buy two strikers so we can be at the top end of the table again next season. What will be tricky is finding strikers who will suit the system perfectly.

Although I think we would be right to sell the likes of Cooper and Gravenberch, I do think we should give Wieser a chance to see what impression he can make on the first team. It's strange that he hasn't featured in a first team game for us yet. I would give Samuel one more year to prove himself, and if he doesn't improve, he can be offloaded to another club.

In terms of Keown, I would like to see him being given a chance to see if he can cope with the demands of playing in the Championship, He could be a good option for us to have in the future.

Moore and Kelly have quite long term contracts I believe so I doubt that they would be looking for a move in the summer. Hopefully they are not tempted by the Premier League and the big wages that comes with it. Also, I don't think Kelly is good enough to be in the Premier League just yet. I do think that Stacey, Fosu and Hurtado should be given a chance in the first team to see what they can do. Stam has already talked about Hurtado and he wants to have a look at the Peruvian. The club have also offered a new deal to Fosu so they obviously have him in the club's plans. Stacey is one who may not be loaned out again, he may just become a squad player.

I hope that Stam does sign a new contract as he is vital to the three year project that Tevreden has set out to get to the Premier League. I agree that he would be our biggest signing.

Would love Williams to stay just can't see it personally...

Never seen that Watford lad so can't comment, personally would like a more experienced first team ready player but not sure who is available or realistic

Think we could do worse than Grabban, I'm jot his biggest fan but at this level he can score and got four assists in his time here so does work well in this system, would like another striker too if possible and should only sign either at the right price

Grabban reminds me of Nick Blackman in terms of when he gets in to his rhythm, he'll be a great asset to have. The question is though, is it worth taking a gamble on or should we hold out for other strikers?

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 10 Jun 2017 11:21

We should accept nothing less then £2 million +

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 10 Jun 2017 11:23

NewCorkSeth
Sutekh
NewCorkSeth Harris I believe said they won't spend lots of money so I would have thought they would be priced out of this move.

I can just see this be an Antonio situation. He's shown enough that I think we can expect him to develop more as a player.
The majority of criticism for him on here refers to his (apparant) ability to make a costly mistake every game. That, if true, is something that coaching and tactical comfortability should sort out.

If we lose Moore than I would suggest Cooper could fill the central sweeper position in a back 3. Obviously tall enough to cover crosses and would be given ugh more time to develop his passing given the current tactics and his passes should only be backwards or sideways anyway.
With Ilori and Blackett forming the other 2 positions we have talented passers of the ball who would lift the pressure off Cooper giving him more time to show off his strengths.

I think I would have nightmares over both Blackett and Cooper being in that back three

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 10 Jun 2017 11:47

The Chronicle are reporting that there's a new contract offer for Jaap Stam on the table when he returns from holiday, with a new 2 year deal.

Reading target Dion Pereira has been offered a new pro contract with Watford.

Released + Retained Lists:
In other news, Sunderland have released John O'Shea, Victor Anichebe, Will Buckley, Jan Kirchhoff, Joleon Lescott, Steven Pienaar and Seb Larsson. Newcastle have released Vernon Anita, Haris Vuckic and Sammy Ameobi. Ryan Tunnicliffe will leave Fulham at the end of his contract in the summer and so will Vegard Forren from Brighton. Josh Scowen is likely to leave Barnsley and Mark Little will leave Bristol City.

Joe Ledley has also been released by Crystal Palace as well as Jonathan Benteke.

Who would you take out of these players? For me, I would take Kirchhoff, probably unrealistic however. I would also take Ledley, Buckley (for depth), Anita for the right back position perhaps, although I wouldn't want to hinder the progress of Watson and maybe a couple of the other players but not a lot of them are better than we already have. Benteke could be a player we could develop.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jun 2017 15:37

RoyalJones The Chronicle are reporting that there's a new contract offer for Jaap Stam on the table when he returns from holiday, with a new 2 year deal.

Reading target Dion Pereira has been offered a new pro contract with Watford.

Released + Retained Lists:
In other news, Sunderland have released John O'Shea, Victor Anichebe, Will Buckley, Jan Kirchhoff, Joleon Lescott, Steven Pienaar and Seb Larsson. Newcastle have released Vernon Anita, Haris Vuckic and Sammy Ameobi. Ryan Tunnicliffe will leave Fulham at the end of his contract in the summer and so will Vegard Forren from Brighton. Josh Scowen is likely to leave Barnsley and Mark Little will leave Bristol City.

Joe Ledley has also been released by Crystal Palace as well as Jonathan Benteke.

Who would you take out of these players? For me, I would take Kirchhoff, probably unrealistic however. I would also take Ledley, Buckley (for depth), Anita for the right back position perhaps, although I wouldn't want to hinder the progress of Watson and maybe a couple of the other players but not a lot of them are better than we already have. Benteke could be a player we could develop.

Honestly would not touch any of those players with a 10 foot pole. Not one of them improves on our first team.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jun 2017 15:53

Yep zero interest in that lot

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Jun 2017 09:19

Here is a list of the free agents with current PL clubs

Arsenal

Kristopher Santos Da Graca
Stefan O'Connor
Yaya Sonogo

Bournemouth

Callum Buckley
Jake McCarthy
Alex Neale

Burnley

Joey Barton
George Green
Christian Hill
Michael Kightly
Taofiq Olomowewe
Richard Pingling

Chelsea

Alex Davey
John Terry

Crystal Palace

Corie Andrews
Jonathan Benteke
Frazier Campbell
Luke Croll
Mathieu Flamini
Ezekiel Fryers
Ryan King-Elliott
Joe Ledley
Randell Williams
Ben Wynter

Everton

Jack Bainbridge
Delial Brewster
Michael Donohue
Tyrone Duffus
Russell Griffiths
Connor Hunt
Arouna Kone
Cnor McAleny
Josef Yarney
James Yates

Hull City

Alex Bruce
Luke Lofts
Shaun Maloney
Bradley Maslen-Jones
Horst Ter

Leicester City

Michael Cain
David Domej
Levi Fox
Cedric Kipre
Matt Miles
Kairo Mitchell
Marcin Wasilewski

Liverpool

Tom Brewitt
Jake Brimmer
Jack Dunn
Aju Gomes
Kane Lewis
Alex Manninger
Adam Phillips

Manchester City

Callum Bullock
Lazcano Caballero
Gael Clichy
Jesus Navas
Billy O'Brien
Ellis Plummer
Bacary Sagna
Girod Zabaleta

Manchester United

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Middlesbrough

Bradley Fewster
Dimitrios Konstantopoulos
Lewis Maloney
Junior Mondal
Josef Wheatley

Southampton

Silva Caceres
Lloyd Isgrove
Rhu-Endly Martina
Harley Willard

Stoke City

Daniel Bachmann
Liam Edwards
Shay Given
Harvey Isted
Joel Taylor
George Waring

Sunderland

Victor Anichebe
George Brady
William Buckley
Dan Casey
Jan Kirchhoff
Seb Larsson
Carl Lawson Carl
Joleon Lescott
John O'Shea
Oliver Pain
Steven Pienaar

Swansea City

Tom Dyson
Marvin Emnes
Tom Holland
Owain Jones
Alex Samuel
Liam Shephard
Gerhard Tremmel
Josh Vickers

Tottenham Hotspur

Filip Lesniak

Watford

Ola Adeyemo
Charlie Bannister
Rene Gilmartin
Fuertes Moreno
Ogochukwu Obi
Rhyle Ovenden
Mathias Ranegie

West Bromwich Albion

Daniel Barbir
Zachary Elbouzedi
Callam Jones
Sebastien Pocognoli
Jack Rose
Andre Wright

West Ham United

Alvaro Arbeloa
Sam Ford
Sam Howes
Kyle Knoyle
Sam Westley

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Jun 2017 09:32

Ibra, Zabaleta, Clichy and Navas for me.

Thanks.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Jun 2017 12:41

Yaya Sanogoals for me.