Jaap Stam Rumours

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Jaap Stam Rumours

by Nameless » 15 Jun 2017 07:17

These reports of 'contenders' and being on short lists is IMHO just reporters making things up.
Southampton seem as bad as Watford in terms of how often they change managers and Stam seems pretty clear in his career plans. He knows how he wants to progress and my guess is he'll continue to do things his way unless his employers decide not to back him. Based on no inside knowledge I think Stam will stay one more year with us. If we get promoted he'll stick around, if we don't then the Ajax/ Southampton type move will fit his progression plan.

The Informant

by The Informant » 15 Jun 2017 07:21

Nameless These reports of 'contenders' and being on short lists is IMHO just reporters making things up.
Southampton seem as bad as Watford in terms of how often they change managers and Stam seems pretty clear in his career plans. He knows how he wants to progress and my guess is he'll continue to do things his way unless his employers decide not to back him. Based on no inside knowledge I think Stam will stay one more year with us. If we get promoted he'll stick around, if we don't then the Ajax/ Southampton type move will fit his progression plan.

What the fcuk are you talking about you clueless cnut. Southampton are nothing like Watford. Watford purposefully sack their managers, Southampton's are always poached.

This is the first manager since Adkins they've actually sacked.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Jun 2017 08:40

So their manager's aren't always poached then....
And my reference was to manager's changing, not being poached or sacked.
But thanks for helping the clueless amongst us feel better. There is always one who is even more clueless.

Do you actually get a thrill from being a bit of a dick ?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Jun 2017 09:54

Nameless So their manager's aren't always poached then....
But thanks for helping the clueless amongst us feel better. There is always one who is even more clueless.

From your post I too got the impression you thought that Southampton regularly sack their manager, so it's not just The Informant even if he was less than eloquent at putting his point across.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Jun 2017 09:56

Nameless Do you actually get a thrill from being a bit of a dick ?

I asked him this the other day and he ignored the question.

The Informant

by The Informant » 15 Jun 2017 10:11

tidus_mi2

From your post I too got the impression you thought that Southampton regularly sack their manager, so it's not just The Informant even if he was less than eloquent at putting his point across.

He got it wrong then realised he's a dimlow and tried to cover his tracks.

The Informant

by The Informant » 15 Jun 2017 10:11

genome
Nameless Do you actually get a thrill from being a bit of a dick ?

I asked him this the other day and he ignored the question.

I didnt think you required an answer.

Tommio

by Tommio » 15 Jun 2017 11:45

No, you are a moron, the informant is right. Since 2013, Southampton have had 3 managers, 2 of which were poached. In the same time, Watford have had 7, none of which were poached.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jun 2017 11:53

Tommio

No, you are a moron, the informant is right. Since 2013, Southampton have had 3 managers, 2 of which were poached. In the same time, Watford have had 7, none of which were poached.

I'm going to stick up for Nameless here. He was clearly using hyperbole in reference to Southamptons managerial situation to illustrate it's not a very stable job.
Watford are the extreme example and comparing Southamptons situation to theirs was, I thought, just Nameless taking some poetic licence to point out Stam may be unlikely to desire a job that from the outside looks short term.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Jun 2017 12:04

Well I think you're all morons.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jun 2017 12:05

leon Well I think you're all morons.

Another win for equality.

Tommio

by Tommio » 15 Jun 2017 12:11

NewCorkSeth
Tommio

I'm going to stick up for Nameless here. He was clearly using hyperbole in reference to Southamptons managerial situation to illustrate it's not a very stable job.
Watford are the extreme example and comparing Southamptons situation to theirs was, I thought, just Nameless taking some poetic licence to point out Stam may be unlikely to desire a job that from the outside looks short term.

So Stam won't want a job where the club have a clear track record of letting managers go on to bigger and better things, being Spurs and Everton?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jun 2017 12:19

Tommio
NewCorkSeth
Tommio No, you are a moron, the informant is right. Since 2013, Southampton have had 3 managers, 2 of which were poached. In the same time, Watford have had 7, none of which were poached.

So Stam won't want a job where the club have a clear track record of letting managers go on to bigger and better things, being Spurs and Everton?

Puel and Adkins sure did great after leaving. (I know it's harsh to judge poor Claude)
50% isn't bad I guess.

The Informant

by The Informant » 15 Jun 2017 12:21

Tommio

xx

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 15 Jun 2017 13:20

yep have to agree with the informant here. Not the first time nameless has made himself look a tool either. Him and ian royal are the worst offenders for posting on every bloody thread, despite knowing feck all about the subject. vvankers the pair of them

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jun 2017 14:17

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jun 2017 14:33

elrey https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/southampton-sack-puel-just-one-season-charge-211009309.html

"while Reading’s Jaap Stam is another reported contender after guiding the Royals to the Sky Bet Championship play-off final."

Can't see it

They are a step above the kind of clubs who may appoint him currently

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Jun 2017 14:34

How many accounts does The Informant have?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Jun 2017 14:56

You just have to laugh at the levels of intelligence on display here sometimes !

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Jun 2017 15:01

I think you've left a bit of an open goal there Namers