Danny Williams - Huddersfield

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Danny Williams - Huddersfield

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Jul 2017 12:19

harry
LWJ I wish Williams the best of luck in his career should it be away from Reading. I think he wanted to go up with us, hence his emotion at the end of the game.

I've always liked him, sure there's a few things of his game which frustrate me, but to compare him to HRK is insulting. DW is a much better pro than HRK would be in a life time.

I would hope this is one the players that get a gr8 reception when they come back.

He will from me.

Couldn't fault his drive & commitment. Even if occasional lack of quality let him down (e.g. not seeing obvious easy pass after beating 2 players with driving run, then getting annoyed when inevitably tackled).
Best player by a large distance in this play-off. Also as mentioned previously had a fine game v Arsenal at Wembley. I always preferred us with him in the team than not. Just had to accept he had flaws.

At our level we will have players with some quality and some imperfections. I liken it to superheroes. They all have their Achilles heel, their Kryptonite, their lack of a left foot, their inability to cross in spite of getting into great positions, their goal-line fumble after a magnificent season, their penalty miss after a magnificent season.

If they were that much better in the first place they wouldn't be here. Just have to hope they iron out their flaws with us at same time other do and then they all stay.

One day .....

It's a shame the old days of the majority being in the stands 15 minutes before KO and having both team's XI read out at the same time before KO are over. It was the perfect way to give an ex-player a good reception and show them appreciation, whilst still being able to be partisan and rude to them during the actual game. Then a nice cheer and song for them again after the final whistle. Now the only real opportunity is during the game, and that's just a bit weird IMO.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 01 Jul 2017 12:57

Snowflake Royal
harry
LWJ I wish Williams the best of luck in his career should it be away from Reading. I think he wanted to go up with us, hence his emotion at the end of the game.

I've always liked him, sure there's a few things of his game which frustrate me, but to compare him to HRK is insulting. DW is a much better pro than HRK would be in a life time.

I would hope this is one the players that get a gr8 reception when they come back.

He will from me.

Couldn't fault his drive & commitment. Even if occasional lack of quality let him down (e.g. not seeing obvious easy pass after beating 2 players with driving run, then getting annoyed when inevitably tackled).
Best player by a large distance in this play-off. Also as mentioned previously had a fine game v Arsenal at Wembley. I always preferred us with him in the team than not. Just had to accept he had flaws.

At our level we will have players with some quality and some imperfections. I liken it to superheroes. They all have their Achilles heel, their Kryptonite, their lack of a left foot, their inability to cross in spite of getting into great positions, their goal-line fumble after a magnificent season, their penalty miss after a magnificent season.

If they were that much better in the first place they wouldn't be here. Just have to hope they iron out their flaws with us at same time other do and then they all stay.

One day .....

It's a shame the old days of the majority being in the stands 15 minutes before KO and having both team's XI read out at the same time before KO are over. It was the perfect way to give an ex-player a good reception and show them appreciation, whilst still being able to be partisan and rude to them during the actual game. Then a nice cheer and song for them again after the final whistle. Now the only real opportunity is during the game, and that's just a bit weird IMO.

I miss that as well. For the same reason.
It was also an opportunity to rant at hated opponents like:
Craig Hignett - for that goal in the League Cup and breaking Paddy Kelly's leg which doomed us to relegation & probably wrecked a very promising career
Andy Liddell - for every dive for every penalty and free kick. Cheating scum
Richard Carpenter - ending Chris Caper's career
Gerard Lavin
John Terry - being John Terry

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Jul 2017 16:21

Had a medical at Huddersfield today

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 03 Jul 2017 18:11

Hoffenheim fans called him the "Struggle Pig". At first I had no idea what that meant. It makes more sense now. Lots of hard work, but little end product.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jul 2017 18:27

blueroyals Hoffenheim fans called him the "Struggle Pig". At first I had no idea what that meant. It makes more sense now. Lots of hard work, but little end product.

Pig has great end product!

What are you? A oxf*rd vegatarian!?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Jul 2017 07:44

blueroyals Hoffenheim fans called him the "Struggle Pig". At first I had no idea what that meant. It makes more sense now. Lots of hard work, but little end product.

Help me out here, what kind of end product are you looking from a pig, just to give this post some context. Ta.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Jul 2017 11:08

paultheroyal

Help me out here, what kind of end product are you looking from a pig, just to give this post some context. Ta.

Bacon, sausages, gammon, ham, pork chops, pulled pork, hog roast...

Pig has a whole catalogue of end product in it's locker, a really talented finisher.