RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5692
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

by Sutekh » 31 Aug 2017 12:29

Stranded wrote:Anyone else getting the feeling that our top whack is £8m (which is plenty) and we'll probably going to miss out on all our main targets as a result.


I would expect so. £12m has been bid for Olivieri by Swansea and Norwich turned it down so I would suggest that puts an end to Reading signing him this window.

Preston are refusing to sell any of their players despite considerable interest in two or three of them so again that would take really stupid money to get them to change their minds so think that's dead

Brighton have said they're not selling any of their players today.

So that leaves loan options really and on that front only Hemed would remain a possibility from those three as can't see Preston or Norwich being open to a loan deal for their players. However I would suggest that that option may well open a whole new raft of interesting possibilities

There is also a suggestion that Reading are looking at bringing in a defender today.

I would also say that I think any progress will be slow as any players involved could well be on international duty.

So Hugill will now duly sign of course :lol:

User avatar
linkenholtroyal
Member
Posts: 626
Joined: 09 Jan 2015 17:18
Location: anywhere but where you want me

Re: RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

by linkenholtroyal » 31 Aug 2017 12:35

Sutekh wrote:
Stranded wrote:Anyone else getting the feeling that our top whack is £8m (which is plenty) and we'll probably going to miss out on all our main targets as a result.


I would expect so. £12m has been bid for Olivieri by Swansea and Norwich turned it down so I would suggest that puts an end to Reading signing him this window.

Preston are refusing to sell any of their players despite considerable interest in two or three of them so again that would take really stupid money to get them to change their minds so think that's dead

Brighton have said they're not selling any of their players today.

So that leaves loan options really and on that front only Hemed would remain a possibility from those three as can't see Preston or Norwich being open to a loan deal for their players. However I would suggest that that option may well open a whole new raft of interesting possibilities

There is also a suggestion that Reading are looking at bringing in a defender today.

I would also say that I think any progress will be slow as any players involved could well be on international duty.

So Hugill will now duly sign of course :lol:


Another interesting thing I have seen online is that Ashley Barnes is being chased by Wolves and Leeds for 10 Million, That may be another option if we are looking at throwing that amount of money around. He grew up in Bath as well so would be closer to home.

User avatar
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 6628
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 15:42
Location: Comfortably numb

Re: RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

by PieEater » 31 Aug 2017 13:00

Now that the Ox is at Liverpool I'd rather get Dominic Solanke on loan.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4919
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

by CountryRoyal » 31 Aug 2017 13:30

Wolves bid £10m cash upfront for Hugill.

User avatar
Oilroyal
Member
Posts: 828
Joined: 22 Oct 2013 11:19

Re: RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

by Oilroyal » 31 Aug 2017 13:53

CountryRoyal wrote:Wolves bid £10m cash upfront for Hugill.


Wolves deserve him at that money, they can crack on.


Hound
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3034
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

by Hound » 31 Aug 2017 14:01

I think there is certainly a lot better value around than that.

Reckon we could have got him for 3-4m if we'd bid in June

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5000
Joined: 23 Aug 2013 12:25

Re: RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

by Nameless » 31 Aug 2017 14:26

Hound wrote:I think there is certainly a lot better value around than that.

Reckon we could have got him for 3-4m if we'd bid in June


We had no need for him in June and I'd agree that at 7,8 or 10 million we have no need of him now.

Hound
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3034
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

by Hound » 31 Aug 2017 14:32

Wolves close to signing some forward from PSV apparently for 10m. Wonder where that leaves the Hugill deal?

User avatar
maffff
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5351
Joined: 25 Nov 2010 10:22

Re: RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

by maffff » 31 Aug 2017 14:45

Hound wrote:Wolves close to signing some forward from PSV apparently for 10m. Wonder where that leaves the Hugill deal?


Tim Spiers responded to say that isn't true.


Felt91
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: 21 May 2017 10:51

Re: RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

by Felt91 » 31 Aug 2017 17:55

PieEater wrote:Now that the Ox is at Liverpool I'd rather get Dominic Solanke on loan.


I'd take Danny ings on loan too

User avatar
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 6961
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 17:44
Location: Los Angeles

Re: RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

by FiNeRaIn » 31 Aug 2017 18:51

Stranded wrote:He actually scored more in the Championship than Oliveria did last year and is a year younger. He would be a very good option.


He played 44 games and scored 12 goals. Oliveira played 28 games and scored 11 goals. Nice way to skew the stats :lol:

There is no question in my mind who I'd rather have, but neither look likely at this point.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5692
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

by Sutekh » 19 Oct 2017 08:28

To be allowed to leave by Preston in January apparently

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... r-13775338

Hound
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3034
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

by Hound » 19 Oct 2017 09:28

weird one that. Esp with Preston so high up the table and him scoring goals

Id definitely like to see him here, but wondering if he's even starting to get above our level now


Tilehurstsouthbank
Member
Posts: 558
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 15:13

Re: RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 19 Oct 2017 10:39

Hound wrote:weird one that. Esp with Preston so high up the table and him scoring goals

Id definitely like to see him here, but wondering if he's even starting to get above our level now


That's the crux of it. More likely to go to a lower placed Prem side, but we can hope...

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1708
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio

Re: RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

by John Smith » 19 Oct 2017 15:03

Palace?

Dennis the Butler
Member
Posts: 154
Joined: 10 May 2006 19:13
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

Re: RUMOUR - Jordan Hugill

by Dennis the Butler » 19 Oct 2017 16:17

His career goals per games tells me he certainly won't be worth the sort of money PNE will be asking .. IMHO

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

It is currently 11 Dec 2017 00:40