CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

725 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RUMOUR - Nelson Oliveira

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Aug 2017 19:48

Oilroyal
USA_Loyal_Royal
maffff Good all round game, like the ball at feet, can bring others into play (great passing although never assists).. would score for fun in this team.

Seems unlikely due to the fees being quoted would almost triple our fecord transfer fee...

Can we all come to terms with the fact that we now have multi billionaire owners. Real billionaire owners, not daddies money, not access to bank money, really well off Chinese billionaires.

There is still a limit to how much they can pump in each season because of FFP, and our income is now about £20m, of which we're already paying about £25m in wages and have spent a further £5m+ on transfer fees this summer.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Aug 2017 19:51

Snowflake Royal
Oilroyal
USA_Loyal_Royal Seems unlikely due to the fees being quoted would almost triple our fecord transfer fee...

Can we all come to terms with the fact that we now have multi billionaire owners. Real billionaire owners, not daddies money, not access to bank money, really well off Chinese billionaires.

There is still a limit to how much they can pump in each season because of FFP, and our income is now about £20m, of which we're already paying about £25m in wages and have spent a further £5m+ on transfer fees this summer.

Transfer fees get spread over the length of the contract though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Aug 2017 19:58

tidus_mi2
Snowflake Royal
Oilroyal

So no one else is at all concerned that we may be committing almost our entire income to transfer fees this season, when our wages were already about 110% of turnover before we lost the parachute payments?

This is of course fine if we go up and don't spend much afterwards. Or if the Chinese are happy to lose £20m a year for 10 - 20 years for the fun of owning a football club.

I'd just rather not have debts spiraling into 9 figures and be reliant on the longevity of foreign owners in a time when they come and go regularly.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Aug 2017 20:00

Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2
Snowflake Royal

So no one else is at all concerned that we may be committing almost our entire income to transfer fees this season, when our wages were already about 110% of turnover before we lost the parachute payments?

This is of course fine if we go up and don't spend much afterwards. Or if the Chinese are happy to lose £20m a year for 10 - 20 years for the fun of owning a football club.

I'd just rather not have debts spiraling into 9 figures and be reliant on the longevity of foreign owners in a time when they come and go regularly.

When I see a club actually suffer the consequences of the farce that is FFP then maybe, until then, if you can't beat em, join em?

I'm only partly joking, it does seem like the whole thing is just a joke, but you know if anyone got genuinely punished, it would be little old Reading!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 28 Aug 2017 20:02

CountryRoyal
TBM
Oilroyal nore do I but totted up we've already spent roughly 12m this window and that's before getting a striker in (talk of £8m) and Stam would still like a another winger and defender added to his wish list.

I heard somewhere that the owners have taken on all the club's debt at zero interest and will be funding the striker. Not sure how true this is but with £12m already spend it looks likely, and the difference between us and QPR is, with have no cream off Harry and we've spent money on decent players.

£12m??

Mannone: £2m
Barrow: £1.5m
Bacuna: £1.5m
Bod: £1m-£3m
Edwards: £1m

Pitch: £1m

New contracts: Kelly, Swift, Moore

No idea how much Clement cost and if Jon Dadi's fee was the £3m as Mick McCarthy suggested (I don't think it is) then that's close to £12m. If not then regardless it's still a large amount of money spent.

So it's £7m as you don't include a pitch and new contracts in a what we've spent in a transfer window

Granted it's still a lot but no way near £12m

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 28 Aug 2017 20:13

TBM
CountryRoyal
TBM
£12m??

No idea how much Clement cost and if Jon Dadi's fee was the £3m as Mick McCarthy suggested (I don't think it is) then that's close to £12m. If not then regardless it's still a large amount of money spent.

So it's £7m as you don't include a pitch and new contracts in a what we've spent in a transfer window

so it's not 12m... how you going to feel when we spend 10m on a striker?

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 28 Aug 2017 20:17

Oilroyal
WAZZOCK Is Jota out of contract next summer?

Our midfield is full of goals and as much as Jota is exceptional, we already have a dynamic midfield so our money will be better spent on the wing to service a striker like Oliveira and runners from the middle

I wasn't suggesting we sign him, I was just wondering why the prices he's been linked with is a bit lower than I expected.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Aug 2017 20:18

TBM
CountryRoyal
TBM
£12m??

Sure but the point Oil was making is that the new owners are spending a lot, what it's on is kind of irrelevant in that regard. If they gave a groundsman £10m/pa salary you wouldn't discount and say it's not a transfer. The fact is that we've spent (on anything) far more then we are used to and that the number will rise quite significantly before the end of the window if we get our striker in.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 28 Aug 2017 20:21

WAZZOCK
Oilroyal
WAZZOCK Is Jota out of contract next summer?

Our midfield is full of goals and as much as Jota is exceptional, we already have a dynamic midfield so our money will be better spent on the wing to service a striker like Oliveira and runners from the middle

I wasn't suggesting we sign him, I was just wondering why the prices he's been linked with is a bit lower than I expected.

sorry Waz i clicked on the wrong quote it wasnt in reply to you matey.. my bad

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Aug 2017 20:24

Obv spent a few quid last season on Ilori and Popa as well with their money

I don't know how I feel about it to be honest. I'm glad we've not gone full Wolves and spent an absolute fortune and I do think the money has been spent wisely so far.

The other thing to keep in mind I suppose is we have bought players generally with sell on value. Would prob get 20m for Kelly and Moore between them in today's market and Swift, Evans, Blackett, Obita, Ilori would probably be worth a few quid as well

It feels like we have invested in the right type of players and not spunked money on Ross McCormacks etc

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 28 Aug 2017 20:26

Clement was about 750k.

Thought Bacuna was about 2.5? We had a 1.5m rejected the week before we got him.

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 28 Aug 2017 20:28

Hound
It feels like we have invested in the right type of players and not spunked money on Ross McCormacks etc

So McCormack to sign before Thursday lol

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 28 Aug 2017 22:40

Oilroyal
TBM
CountryRoyal

so it's not 12m... how you going to feel when we spend 10m on a striker?

We don't need to spend that much on one - there are better options out there for a fraction of the price - we just need to find them.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 29 Aug 2017 06:47

We don't need to spend that much on one - there are better options out there for a fraction of the price - we just need to find them.

We are finding them for our academy. In the meantime, the club’s business model has moved away from punts for the senior squad and instead look for players that improve what we already have. Recent punts over the past 4 or 5 seasons have failed or have been sold at their highest valuation after a run of form. But none have since kicked on to the next level.

JIM

by JIM » 29 Aug 2017 08:20

Why worry over the loans, if it gets us into PREMIER then the reward is 100 million.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 29 Aug 2017 08:56

JIM Why worry over the loans, if it gets us into PREMIER then the reward is 100 million.

Unless a loanee has keys to the Premier Inn, there's clearly not much of a guarantee of anything from loans. Who was our last successful loan?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 29 Aug 2017 09:24

muirinho
JIM Why worry over the loans, if it gets us into PREMIER then the reward is 100 million.

Unless a loanee has keys to the Premier Inn, there's clearly not much of a guarantee of anything from loans. Who was our last successful loan?

Define successful?

You could argue last season was successful in that we didn't get relegated and made the play off final - so Grabbon was successful

Mackie & Chalobah - cos we got to the FA Cup Semi Final (and didn't get relegated)

Ledge - made play off final, signed him, got promoted....

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 29 Aug 2017 09:34

TBM
muirinho

Define successful?

You could argue last season was successful in that we didn't get relegated and made the play off final - so Grabbon was successful

Mackie & Chalobah - cos we got to the FA Cup Semi Final (and didn't get relegated)

Ledge - made play off final, signed him, got promoted....

I'd regard Ledge as successful, as he personally contributed at least as much as the permanent team members to that.

The others, not so much.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Aug 2017 10:09

Can define unsuccessful - Jordan Mutch

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Aug 2017 10:17

So does anyone actually think we'll sign Nelson?

I can just see Norwich digging their heels in with only a couple of days left in the window and we'll run out of time to get anyone else

725 posts