CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

725 posts
USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Nelson Oliveira

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 29 Aug 2017 15:25

maffff Sounds like if we get Oliveira it'll come down to the wire. 50/50 at best for him as it stands and currently our eggs are in an Oliveira shaped basket. Unless we get this over the line Aluko might well be our final option in the upper end of the pitch.

For Norwich, if Tettey/Klose leave they may be ok on ins/outs. As it stands they're dipping into January funds to sort their defence.. so they might not even NEED to sell, until January.

Yes, that's a rowback. It's also the latest I have.

Source?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 29 Aug 2017 15:29

One of the usual. Seems only way we'll get him is if we come up with something too good to turn down.

Given we're splashing out on Aluko, I can't see us signing him at the expense of a striker though? Personal feel is we're going to push into the too good to refuse category. Whether that happens though your guess is as good as mine.

Or we might broaden our search as others become available, Wells, Hugill and Hemed aren't just yet and Long has only been speculation.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Aug 2017 15:32

Need to add into the mix that he is currently over in Portugal with the national side, so if this is to happen we need to arrange for medical there and get some Carabao cans shipped over.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Aug 2017 15:33

I think we could stay where we are until January and then push for one of the guys , Wells should be fit by then too, if we are within striking distance of the top it would make the move more attractive to them.
Having said that , would Norwich or Preston sell to a rival if they are up there too?

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 29 Aug 2017 15:35

maffff One of the usual. Seems only way we'll get him is if we come up with something too good to turn down.

Given we're splashing out on Aluko, I can't see us signing him at the expense of a striker though? Personal feel is we're going to push into the too good to refuse category. Whether that happens though your guess is as good as mine.

Or we might broaden our search as others become available, Wells, Hugill and Hemed aren't just yet and Long has only been speculation.

If aluko is meant to be our big summer striker signing that would be disappointing. Surely aluko is just another winger to add depth, quality, and something different as jaap has been saying he is after.

Oliviera is far and away the best striker option for the money quoted.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 29 Aug 2017 15:37

I did fear this after we lumped on big for Aluko, seen as preparing ourselves to go until January if we couldn’t get Oliveira in.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Aug 2017 15:38

I'd be surprised if we haven't got an eye on the Prem clubs offering loan strikers. A striker along the lines of Grabban or someone like say Chuba Akpom may be a fairly low cost signing to get us through to Jan

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 29 Aug 2017 15:39

it will take one hell of an offer that's for sure if we're to sign him this month.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 29 Aug 2017 15:40

Hound I'd be surprised if we haven't got an eye on the Prem clubs offering loan strikers. A striker along the lines of Grabban or someone like say Chuba Akpom may be a fairly low cost signing to get us through to Jan

Speculatively, that might well be where we end up. But we aren't there just yet.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 29 Aug 2017 16:00

Hound I'd be surprised if we haven't got an eye on the Prem clubs offering loan strikers. A striker along the lines of Grabban or someone like say Chuba Akpom may be a fairly low cost signing to get us through to Jan

BOOM BOOM
BOOM BOOM BOOM
BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM
Chuba Akpom!

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 29 Aug 2017 16:07

Oliveira would be the best fit for us, praying it happens

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 29 Aug 2017 16:15

LWJ Oliveira would be the best fit for us, praying it happens

pray4oliveira

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 29 Aug 2017 16:15

Winston Biscuit

pray4oliveira

pray4lwj

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 29 Aug 2017 16:23

genome Don't worry fellas, this guy seems clued up

@craigbeazley85
Oliviera likely to be tomorrow. Transfer has taken longer due to Farke but understand Norwich board taken it out of his hands #readingfc

Could be a load of Ed Balls but lets hope not!

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 29 Aug 2017 19:08

If we get Oliveira I will play this non-stop at my desk for eight hours:
Reading FC going to Wemberly...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF8gO7wpNhI

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Aug 2017 19:33

I'm actually starting to think that with Aluko and Barrow, Hugill could actually complement the two better.

Oliveira is still in my opinion the better all round player, but he lacks the pace of Hugill. TBH I'm past caring, either would do, I just want to get it over with.

Esteban

by Esteban » 29 Aug 2017 20:53

CountryRoyal TBH I'm past caring, either would do, I just want to get it over with.

^ This. My initial excitement has given way to impatience and mild annoyance.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 29 Aug 2017 21:15

Stranded
Hound tbh, you look at that line up with what we have in reserve and start thinking 'that team really should go up'

Its not like last year where I generally was slightly surprised every time we won

I wonder what the added expectation would do to the squad. No more Jaap's 'top ten would be good' spiel. There would be a genuine expectation for playoffs at least

We might think that as fans, but would imagine we will still be pretty much ignored by the national press once the initial reporting of any new signings dies down. I don't think the squad will be affected too much as their aim would already have been play-offs minimum.

I have a feeling that if Reading did a Leicester and won the Premier League we'd still be ignored by the media
And still be last on any highlights programme

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Aug 2017 21:42

CountryRoyal

I'm actually starting to think that with Aluko and Barrow, Hugill could actually complement the two better.

Oliveira is still in my opinion the better all round player, but he lacks the pace of Hugill. TBH I'm past caring, either would do, I just want to get it over with.

Mendes has pace too.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 30 Aug 2017 06:43

Oilroyal
USA_Loyal_Royal
maffff Good all round game, like the ball at feet, can bring others into play (great passing although never assists).. would score for fun in this team.

Seems unlikely due to the fees being quoted would almost triple our fecord transfer fee...

Can we all come to terms with the fact that we now have multi billionaire owners. Real billionaire owners, not daddies money, not access to bank money, really well off Chinese billionaires.

Did I mention we have seriously wealthy owners, I’m sure I did somewhere? We’ll always look for value BUT if Jaap really wants a player then our owners will finance it and our board will back him

725 posts