CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

725 posts
Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Nelson Oliveira

by Oilroyal » 30 Aug 2017 08:56

Up until Aluko, Reading have kept the prefect poker face playing down our owners, pleading and maintaining they only had small budget when signing Barrow, Bodvarsson, Mannone, Edwards, Clement, Bacuna. Now the cat’s out of the bag, and Jaap still wanting his striker we’ll be paying serious money if we want Oliveria or Hugill.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2017 09:14

Oilroyal Up until Aluko, Reading have kept the prefect poker face playing down our owners, pleading and maintaining they only had small budget when signing Barrow, Bodvarsson, Mannone, Edwards, Clement, Bacuna. Now the cat’s out of the bag, and Jaap still wanting his striker we’ll be paying serious money if we want Oliveria or Hugill.

We were always going to have to pay serious money for either of those strikers as their clubs don't want to sell. The only difference now in comparison to previous windows, is we might actually be able to stump up that cash.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Aug 2017 09:21

To be honest, we've been linked to £8m and £10m players all summer, I don't think it makes any difference. Our spending power is common knowledge, it's a not as if the Chinese takeover is a secret. We're not a club to pay over the odds and everyone knows that. The headline price for Aluko is £7.5m which would be way too much as a straight fee so I can't imagine we're paying more than £4m up front.
The Oliviera price will not change significantly and and move will be dependant on Oliviera's wish to move and Norwich's need for cash.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 30 Aug 2017 09:24, edited 2 times in total.

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 30 Aug 2017 09:23

I'm expecting noone else to come in now before the window shuts, hope I'm proved wrong, but would be very surprised.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Aug 2017 09:41

Royal Bison I'm expecting noone else to come in now before the window shuts, hope I'm proved wrong, but would be very surprised.

Think we may seal a loan deal of some sort

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 30 Aug 2017 11:11

Royal Bison I'm expecting noone else to come in now before the window shuts, hope I'm proved wrong, but would be very surprised.

Well, he is out of favour at top of the table Cardiff and we could do with another winger.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 30 Aug 2017 11:58

maffff

Well, he is out of favour at top of the table Cardiff and we could do with another winger.

:lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Aug 2017 11:59

Just adding a copy of this from the Jordan Hugill thread...

Sutekh
ChickenClucker Seems the focus is more on Nelson Oliviera. Heard a murmur today that Nelson won't be in Reading but his representatives will be today. If that means they are thrashing out a contract, god only knows.

Very possibly. Issue being, I believe, that Nelson is with the Portugal squad on international duty so if the murmur you've had come your way is indeed accurate it would suggest that Norwich have accepted a bid and therefore the player's reps are with the club building a package to put to the player.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 30 Aug 2017 12:09

Sutekh Just adding a copy of this from the Jordan Hugill thread...

Sutekh
ChickenClucker Seems the focus is more on Nelson Oliviera. Heard a murmur today that Nelson won't be in Reading but his representatives will be today. If that means they are thrashing out a contract, god only knows.

Very possibly. Issue being, I believe, that Nelson is with the Portugal squad on international duty so if the murmur you've had come your way is indeed accurate it would suggest that Norwich have accepted a bid and therefore the player's reps are with the club building a package to put to the player.

Just did a sex wee

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2017 12:16

Sutekh

He is and they play tomorrow night. So one would expect that any deal would at least have to be concluded in principle today - probably forgoing a medical too - with either him signing on the line tonight or in the time post game tomorrow.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Aug 2017 12:36

Stranded

Sutekh

He is and they play tomorrow night. So one would expect that any deal would at least have to be concluded in principle today - probably forgoing a medical too - with either him signing on the line tonight or in the time post game tomorrow.

Scenes when he signs tonight and gets injured tomorrow.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Aug 2017 13:15

With the record breaking big money signing of Aluko you guys really think we are thinking of signing this guy too?

Genuine question, would love it if it was true!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2017 13:16

2 world wars, 1 world cup With the record breaking big money signing of Aluko you guys really think we are thinking of signing this guy too?

Genuine question, would love it if it was true!

Yes there is a very good chance, but also wouldn't be too surprised if no-one else comes through the door.

ChickenClucker

by ChickenClucker » 30 Aug 2017 14:12

Odds have just dropped considerably with SkyBet. Now 13/8 to happen, with odds for Wolves increasing considerably, as with him staying at Norwich

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Aug 2017 14:22

ChickenClucker Odds have just dropped considerably with SkyBet. Now 13/8 to happen, with odds for Wolves increasing considerably, as with him staying at Norwich

Might have a tenner on Wolves at 8/1.

ChickenClucker

by ChickenClucker » 30 Aug 2017 14:34

Wouldn't it be great to be a fly on the wall of the office today

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 30 Aug 2017 15:13

Another bid rejected for Hemed.

Looks like we're back into exploring other options again then.

Only a day lost.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2017 15:20

maffff Another bid rejected for Hemed.

Looks like we're back into exploring other options again then.

Only a day lost.

I would say we are still looking at a number of options, and will progress the one that gets the most traction. Still wouldn't surprise me if something comes out of the blue tomorrow.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 30 Aug 2017 15:29

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Aug 2017 15:40

seahawk10 If we get Oliveira I will play this non-stop at my desk for eight hours:
Reading FC going to Wemberly...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF8gO7wpNhI

:lol:

725 posts