CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

725 posts
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Nelson Oliveira

by maffff » 28 Aug 2017 16:27

Big Ern
Hound Wonder whether Norwich's pretty crappy start to the season will have an effect'

Yeah, because our start to the season has been outstanding

We've shown signs of what can be.

They're in meltdown.

That's the difference.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 28 Aug 2017 17:15

Would be ecstatic if this deal happened!

Couldn't see us not getting top 6 at least if we had oliveira leading the line.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 28 Aug 2017 17:17

USA_Loyal_Royal Would be ecstatic if this deal happened!

Good all round game, like the ball at feet, can bring others into play (great passing although never assists).. would score for fun in this team.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 28 Aug 2017 17:22

maffff

Good all round game, like the ball at feet, can bring others into play (great passing although never assists).. would score for fun in this team.

Seems unlikely due to the fees being quoted would almost triple our fecord transfer fee...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Aug 2017 17:33

LightwaterRoyal Also seeing on Twitter (I know :roll: ) that we are offering £6m for Aluko and Fulham will take that £6m to get Jota from Brentford.

If that happens I feel Fulham will have well and truly had our pants down. Jota would be a perfect fit in our system and £6m for Aluko is the biggest rip off since velcro was invented.

If Jota and Aluko are available at the same price, why the fcuk is Aluko even being discussed?

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 28 Aug 2017 17:36

Is Jota out of contract next summer?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 28 Aug 2017 17:43

WAZZOCK Is Jota out of contract next summer?

Yeah

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... n-for-jota

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 28 Aug 2017 18:14

USA_Loyal_Royal
maffff

Seems unlikely due to the fees being quoted would almost triple our fecord transfer fee...

Can we all come to terms with the fact that we now have multi billionaire owners. Real billionaire owners, not daddies money, not access to bank money, really well off Chinese billionaires.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 28 Aug 2017 18:20

Our midfield is full of goals and as much as Jota is exceptional, we already have a dynamic midfield so our money will be better spent on the wing to service a striker like Oliveira and runners from the middle

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Aug 2017 18:28

Oilroyal

Our midfield is full of goals and as much as Jota is exceptional, we already have a dynamic midfield so our money will be better spent on the wing to service a striker like Oliveira and runners from the middle

I'm not sure I'd go along with that. Swift is the only proven goal scorer we have from midfield. Besides I thought Jota played on the wing? Or at least in a forward capacity a la Blackman when he was good, Either way, with our team the way it is I'd agree, despite how good Jota is, we need Oliveira (or any decent striker) more.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Aug 2017 18:36

Jota was mentioned in reference to Aluko as in us signing Aluko will finance Fulham's deal for Jota. Jota at £6m, I can see, but Aluko at £6m? Not worth it. May be why we're being linked to this Dutch player in Norway.

Oliviera at £8m represents decent value in today's market and of all the forwards we've been linked to would represent the right player at their price
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 28 Aug 2017 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 28 Aug 2017 18:39

CountryRoyal
Oilroyal

I'm not sure I'd go along with that. Swift is the only proven goal scorer we have from midfield. Besides I thought Jota played on the wing? Or at least in a forward capacity a la Blackman when he was good, Either way, with our team the way it is I'd agree, despite how good Jota is, we need Oliveira (or any decent striker) more.

Swift is the stand out but Kelly, Edwards, Evans, Bacuna, Clement all have goals in them. I'm not so sure we need to be going after Jota just now. Get promoted then maybe :D

Always saw Jota as an attacting Mid, running into the box getting on the end of things, bit like Evens did at Brim.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Aug 2017 18:54

Oilroyal
USA_Loyal_Royal
maffff Good all round game, like the ball at feet, can bring others into play (great passing although never assists).. would score for fun in this team.

Can we all come to terms with the fact that we now have multi billionaire owners. Real billionaire owners, not daddies money, not access to bank money, really well off Chinese billionaires.

We may be owned by people with lots of money tied up In Property but that doesn't mean they will spend it all on footballers. It's a very different scenario to chelsea/ PSG/ City wheremoney literally is no object. We have upped our spending a little, but don't expect us to go all QPR suddenly.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 28 Aug 2017 19:08

nore do I but totted up we've already spent roughly 12m this window and that's before getting a striker in (talk of £8m) and Stam would still like a another winger and defender added to his wish list.

I heard somewhere that the owners have taken on all the club's debt at zero interest and will be funding the striker. Not sure how true this is but with £12m already spend it looks likely, and the difference between us and QPR is, with have no cream off Harry and we've spent money on decent players.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Aug 2017 19:09

Oilroyal
CountryRoyal
Oilroyal

Swift is the stand out but Kelly, Edwards, Evans, Bacuna, Clement all have goals in them. I'm not so sure we need to be going after Jota just now. Get promoted then maybe :D

Always saw Jota as an attacting Mid, running into the box getting on the end of things, bit like Evens did at Brim.

Well yeah I mean I'm sure each of them has scored a goal... I mean oxf*rd it I have goals in me :lol: , I'm just not sure a sufficient amount to justify that expression, especially in the championship.

I do honestly expect Kelly to kick on and get a decent haul this season. Evans has also surprised me, iirc his Brum goal was almost a carbon copy of the winner away at Blackburn last season?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Aug 2017 19:12

Oilroyal
USA_Loyal_Royal
maffff Good all round game, like the ball at feet, can bring others into play (great passing although never assists).. would score for fun in this team.

This is a good point. It's very easy to be skeptical but we've not been linked to x y and z for close to £10m randomly. I think it's tempered because we're not being as lavish as your boro's (for good reason; bigger club, bigger revenue + parachute payments) but we are on a different level never previously seen. As you've said in a later post we've already spent a massive wad, for us at least.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 28 Aug 2017 19:22

Need a forward , do not need another midfielder

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 28 Aug 2017 19:37

Oilroyal nore do I but totted up we've already spent roughly 12m this window and that's before getting a striker in (talk of £8m) and Stam would still like a another winger and defender added to his wish list.

I heard somewhere that the owners have taken on all the club's debt at zero interest and will be funding the striker. Not sure how true this is but with £12m already spend it looks likely, and the difference between us and QPR is, with have no cream off Harry and we've spent money on decent players.

£12m??

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Aug 2017 19:45

TBM
Oilroyal nore do I but totted up we've already spent roughly 12m this window and that's before getting a striker in (talk of £8m) and Stam would still like a another winger and defender added to his wish list.

£12m??

Mannone: £2m
Barrow: £1.5m
Bacuna: £1.5m
Bod: £1m-£3m
Edwards: £1m

Pitch: £1m

New contracts: Kelly, Swift, Moore

No idea how much Clement cost and if Jon Dadi's fee was the £3m as Mick McCarthy suggested (I don't think it is) then that's close to £12m. If not then regardless it's still a large amount of money spent.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 28 Aug 2017 19:48

TBM

£12m??

let's call it 10 million then ... or should we just keep it as undisclosed at a million per player that way we dont advertise that we have money to spend to other clubs. Either way we've spent more money on quality players so far in this window without the owners even flinching.

I'm not expecting Jaap to come out and say, "we'll go with what we've got" on friday morning.

725 posts