RUMOUR - Lewis baker

Linden Jones' Tash
Member
Posts: 235
Joined: 20 Jun 2009 12:03
Location: north of the river...

RUMOUR - Lewis baker

by Linden Jones' Tash » 09 Jul 2017 10:00

The People (yes I know) says chelsea's England U21 captain is joining us on a 2 year loan...

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20030
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Lewis baker

by genome » 09 Jul 2017 10:09

These rumours need to stop. I can only get so erect.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5073
Joined: 23 Aug 2013 12:25

Re: Lewis baker

by Nameless » 09 Jul 2017 10:17

I believe that under FIFA Rules a loan longer than 1 year technically counts as a 'permanent ' deal.
But the original club keeps ultimate ownership of the loaned player. The only implication I can find is that a player on a long loan can be loaned out again by the club to which he is on loan. So if we took this lad we could loan him out to someone else for the following season.
Fascinating....

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6042
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: Lewis baker

by CountryRoyal » 09 Jul 2017 10:57

A few weeks ago I was tempted to make a "SPECULATION" thread, or post in the "players you'd like to sign" thread about Baker. Decided against it because I thought it would be too unrealistic.

HO-LEE PHUCK. I'll cream myself if this happens.

What even is happening right now?!?!?! :shock: :shock:

Go home Reading, you're drunk.

RichTea94
Member
Posts: 206
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 18:37

Re: Lewis baker

by RichTea94 » 09 Jul 2017 12:32

Don't know much about him, except everyone in this thread seems excited at the prospect of getting him.

Can anyone give me the lowdown on Mr Baker?


Tommio
Member
Posts: 648
Joined: 04 Aug 2013 14:13

Re: Lewis baker

by Tommio » 09 Jul 2017 12:50

RichTea94 wrote:Don't know much about him, except everyone in this thread seems excited at the prospect of getting him.

Can anyone give me the lowdown on Mr Baker?

Attacking midfielder, strong on both feet. Very good at set pieces, scores a lot of goals. Overall a great player

User avatar
LightwaterRoyal
Member
Posts: 973
Joined: 28 Jun 2012 13:54
Location: Javea, Alicante

Re: Lewis baker

by LightwaterRoyal » 09 Jul 2017 12:55

Can't help but feel someone's putting the playing in Holland and owned by a club nearby links together and pulling this one out of nowhere.
Would love to be proven wrong however.

User avatar
Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4951
Joined: 16 Jul 2011 19:11

Re: Lewis baker

by Simon's Church » 09 Jul 2017 14:11

Is he not pretty much the same as swift? Good passer and scores a few goals but doesn't really fancy it defensively and goes missing for whole games at a time.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4246
Joined: 05 Jul 2013 00:17
Location: I want to bathe with you in the sea.

Re: Lewis baker

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jul 2017 14:19

I also dont know much about the guy but dont we have enough Attacking mids? Swift, Kelly, Barrett and Clement? Would have thought a Danny Williams replacement would be more needed?


Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7287
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Lewis baker

by Hound » 09 Jul 2017 14:31

Seems a bit of noise around this one, but again can't quite see it. Surely would be going to a prem side?

Decent record for Vitesse over the last couple of years

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20030
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Lewis baker

by genome » 09 Jul 2017 14:57

Hound wrote:Decent record for Vitesse over the last couple of years


You could say that for most Chelsea players tbf

User avatar
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 15102
Joined: 04 Mar 2005 13:59
Location: Hob Nob Reality TV Champ 2010/2011

Re: Lewis baker

by paultheroyal » 09 Jul 2017 18:47

NewCorkSeth wrote:I also dont know much about the guy but dont we have enough Attacking mids? Swift, Kelly, Barrett and Clement? Would have thought a Danny Williams replacement would be more needed?


It's exactly that what we are missing... an improved attacking midfielder. Our problem now is getting the ball forward quickly to any attacking threat.... we are two pedestrian particularly as wing play has been limited.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4374
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: RUMOUR - Lewis baker

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2017 19:07

Are we even going to play a system with wingers? We didn't much towards the end of the season. We had wing backs and Gunter is far from marauding.


User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4374
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: RUMOUR - Lewis baker

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2017 19:08

Are we even going to play a system with wingers? We didn't much towards the end of the season. We had wing backs and Gunter is far from marauding.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4246
Joined: 05 Jul 2013 00:17
Location: I want to bathe with you in the sea.

Re: Lewis baker

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jul 2017 19:10

paultheroyal wrote:
NewCorkSeth wrote:I also dont know much about the guy but dont we have enough Attacking mids? Swift, Kelly, Barrett and Clement? Would have thought a Danny Williams replacement would be more needed?


It's exactly that what we are missing... an improved attacking midfielder. Our problem now is getting the ball forward quickly to any attacking threat.... we are two pedestrian particularly as wing play has been limited.

Our problem getting the ball forward quickly is probably because we dont play fast attacking football.... Stam instilled a slow tempo where keeping possession with safe, short passes was more important than fast attacking breaks with risky long passes and through balls.

User avatar
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 15102
Joined: 04 Mar 2005 13:59
Location: Hob Nob Reality TV Champ 2010/2011

Re: Lewis baker

by paultheroyal » 09 Jul 2017 19:42

NewCorkSeth wrote:
paultheroyal wrote:
NewCorkSeth wrote:I also dont know much about the guy but dont we have enough Attacking mids? Swift, Kelly, Barrett and Clement? Would have thought a Danny Williams replacement would be more needed?


It's exactly that what we are missing... an improved attacking midfielder. Our problem now is getting the ball forward quickly to any attacking threat.... we are two pedestrian particularly as wing play has been limited.

Our problem getting the ball forward quickly is probably because we dont play fast attacking football.... Stam instilled a slow tempo where keeping possession with safe, short passes was more important than fast attacking breaks with risky long passes and through balls.


And it's the fast tempo from midfield to the attack which is missing and which he continually moaned about during interviews regarding our play.

Fast tempo does not mean long passes.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4246
Joined: 05 Jul 2013 00:17
Location: I want to bathe with you in the sea.

Re: Lewis baker

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jul 2017 19:59

paultheroyal wrote:
NewCorkSeth wrote:
paultheroyal wrote:
It's exactly that what we are missing... an improved attacking midfielder. Our problem now is getting the ball forward quickly to any attacking threat.... we are two pedestrian particularly as wing play has been limited.

Our problem getting the ball forward quickly is probably because we dont play fast attacking football.... Stam instilled a slow tempo where keeping possession with safe, short passes was more important than fast attacking breaks with risky long passes and through balls.


And it's the fast tempo from midfield to the attack which is missing and which he continually moaned about during interviews regarding our play.

Fast tempo does not mean long passes.

I 100% agree that fast tempo does not mean long passes. I didn't say or imply that.

I'm not saying you are incorrect but I don't recall him bemoaning that in an interview. Do you have a link to a quote?

User avatar
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 15102
Joined: 04 Mar 2005 13:59
Location: Hob Nob Reality TV Champ 2010/2011

Re: Lewis baker

by paultheroyal » 09 Jul 2017 21:20

NewCorkSeth wrote:
paultheroyal wrote:
NewCorkSeth wrote:Our problem getting the ball forward quickly is probably because we dont play fast attacking football.... Stam instilled a slow tempo where keeping possession with safe, short passes was more important than fast attacking breaks with risky long passes and through balls.


And it's the fast tempo from midfield to the attack which is missing and which he continually moaned about during interviews regarding our play.

Fast tempo does not mean long passes.

I 100% agree that fast tempo does not mean long passes. I didn't say or imply that.

I'm not saying you are incorrect but I don't recall him bemoaning that in an interview. Do you have a link to a quote?


Various interviews on berks after the game bemoaning getting it forward quickly, going at players and the like rather than turning it in or going back.

JIM
Member
Posts: 747
Joined: 30 Jul 2006 15:13

Re: RUMOUR - Lewis baker

by JIM » 09 Jul 2017 22:02

Little Wolves just spent 14 MILLION. on a player, makes our bank account look silly. :o

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5073
Joined: 23 Aug 2013 12:25

Re: RUMOUR - Lewis baker

by Nameless » 09 Jul 2017 23:14

JIM wrote:Little Wolves just spent 14 MILLION. on a player, makes our bank account look silly. :o


They spent 13 million on ONE Player last season.
If only we had done that we could have finished 15th instead of 3rd.
Stam out.....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

It is currently 16 Nov 2018 07:32