RUMOUR - Lewis baker

259 posts
Linden Jones' Tash

RUMOUR - Lewis baker

by Linden Jones' Tash » 09 Jul 2017 10:00

The People (yes I know) says chelsea's England U21 captain is joining us on a 2 year loan...

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Lewis baker

by genome » 09 Jul 2017 10:09

These rumours need to stop. I can only get so erect.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Jul 2017 10:17

I believe that under FIFA Rules a loan longer than 1 year technically counts as a 'permanent ' deal.
But the original club keeps ultimate ownership of the loaned player. The only implication I can find is that a player on a long loan can be loaned out again by the club to which he is on loan. So if we took this lad we could loan him out to someone else for the following season.
Fascinating....

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Jul 2017 10:57

A few weeks ago I was tempted to make a "SPECULATION" thread, or post in the "players you'd like to sign" thread about Baker. Decided against it because I thought it would be too unrealistic.

HO-LEE PHUCK. I'll cream myself if this happens.

What even is happening right now?!?!?! :shock: :shock:

Go home Reading, you're drunk.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 09 Jul 2017 12:32

Don't know much about him, except everyone in this thread seems excited at the prospect of getting him.

Can anyone give me the lowdown on Mr Baker?

Tommio

by Tommio » 09 Jul 2017 12:50

RichTea94 Don't know much about him, except everyone in this thread seems excited at the prospect of getting him.

Can anyone give me the lowdown on Mr Baker?

Attacking midfielder, strong on both feet. Very good at set pieces, scores a lot of goals. Overall a great player

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 09 Jul 2017 12:55

Can't help but feel someone's putting the playing in Holland and owned by a club nearby links together and pulling this one out of nowhere.
Would love to be proven wrong however.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 09 Jul 2017 14:11

Is he not pretty much the same as swift? Good passer and scores a few goals but doesn't really fancy it defensively and goes missing for whole games at a time.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jul 2017 14:19

I also dont know much about the guy but dont we have enough Attacking mids? Swift, Kelly, Barrett and Clement? Would have thought a Danny Williams replacement would be more needed?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jul 2017 14:31

Seems a bit of noise around this one, but again can't quite see it. Surely would be going to a prem side?

Decent record for Vitesse over the last couple of years

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Jul 2017 14:57

Hound Decent record for Vitesse over the last couple of years

You could say that for most Chelsea players tbf

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Jul 2017 18:47

NewCorkSeth I also dont know much about the guy but dont we have enough Attacking mids? Swift, Kelly, Barrett and Clement? Would have thought a Danny Williams replacement would be more needed?

It's exactly that what we are missing... an improved attacking midfielder. Our problem now is getting the ball forward quickly to any attacking threat.... we are two pedestrian particularly as wing play has been limited.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RUMOUR - Lewis baker

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2017 19:07

Are we even going to play a system with wingers? We didn't much towards the end of the season. We had wing backs and Gunter is far from marauding.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2017 19:08

Are we even going to play a system with wingers? We didn't much towards the end of the season. We had wing backs and Gunter is far from marauding.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jul 2017 19:10

paultheroyal
NewCorkSeth I also dont know much about the guy but dont we have enough Attacking mids? Swift, Kelly, Barrett and Clement? Would have thought a Danny Williams replacement would be more needed?

It's exactly that what we are missing... an improved attacking midfielder. Our problem now is getting the ball forward quickly to any attacking threat.... we are two pedestrian particularly as wing play has been limited.

Our problem getting the ball forward quickly is probably because we dont play fast attacking football.... Stam instilled a slow tempo where keeping possession with safe, short passes was more important than fast attacking breaks with risky long passes and through balls.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Jul 2017 19:42

NewCorkSeth
paultheroyal

Our problem getting the ball forward quickly is probably because we dont play fast attacking football.... Stam instilled a slow tempo where keeping possession with safe, short passes was more important than fast attacking breaks with risky long passes and through balls.

And it's the fast tempo from midfield to the attack which is missing and which he continually moaned about during interviews regarding our play.

Fast tempo does not mean long passes.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jul 2017 19:59

paultheroyal
NewCorkSeth
paultheroyal

And it's the fast tempo from midfield to the attack which is missing and which he continually moaned about during interviews regarding our play.

I 100% agree that fast tempo does not mean long passes. I didn't say or imply that.

I'm not saying you are incorrect but I don't recall him bemoaning that in an interview. Do you have a link to a quote?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Jul 2017 21:20

NewCorkSeth
paultheroyal
NewCorkSeth Our problem getting the ball forward quickly is probably because we dont play fast attacking football.... Stam instilled a slow tempo where keeping possession with safe, short passes was more important than fast attacking breaks with risky long passes and through balls.

I 100% agree that fast tempo does not mean long passes. I didn't say or imply that.

I'm not saying you are incorrect but I don't recall him bemoaning that in an interview. Do you have a link to a quote?

Various interviews on berks after the game bemoaning getting it forward quickly, going at players and the like rather than turning it in or going back.

JIM

by JIM » 09 Jul 2017 22:02

Little Wolves just spent 14 MILLION. on a player, makes our bank account look silly. :o

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Jul 2017 23:14

JIM Little Wolves just spent 14 MILLION. on a player, makes our bank account look silly. :o

They spent 13 million on ONE Player last season.
If only we had done that we could have finished 15th instead of 3rd.
Stam out.....

259 posts