Rumour - Tomer Hemed

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Tomer Hemed

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Aug 2017 14:36

Norfolk Royal
CountryRoyal
Norfolk Royal If our game was based on slinging high balls to the back post Andy Carroll would be a good shout. However it isn't.

Bullshit. We play a lot in the air, it's part of the reason Kermorgant is so successful for us.

And as far as the back post goes, have you not seen literally any of our set pieces from the last x amount of years?

I was referring to our general play under Stam which does not rely on long balls. Carroll does not fit that mould and we would have to alter our style of play to accommodate him. That is why it would be an unlikely signing in my view.

Our style of play included Kermorgant last season, a striker in a similar mould. One of the great things about Kermorgant last season was that if we were forced to go long, Kermorgant won most of the headers but he was also great for his general hold up play.

Andy Carroll, as unlikely as it is, would be doing all the same things Kermorgant did last season.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 23 Aug 2017 14:37

Just booked a Mr Hemed in to see a 3 bid middle terrace with downstairs bathroom and off road parking in Axbridge Rd. It could be a complete coincidence but will keep you upd8ed

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Aug 2017 15:25

Focher Just booked a Mr Hemed in to see a 3 bid middle terrace with downstairs bathroom and off road parking in Axbridge Rd. It could be a complete coincidence but will keep you upd8ed

I heard he likes a shed. Hope the property is up to it in that department.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Aug 2017 15:46

Norfolk Royal
CountryRoyal
Bullshit. We play a lot in the air, it's part of the reason Kermorgant is so successful for us.

And as far as the back post goes, have you not seen literally any of our set pieces from the last x amount of years?

I was referring to our general play under Stam which does not rely on long balls. Carroll does not fit that mould and we would have to alter our style of play to accommodate him. That is why it would be an unlikely signing in my view.

I know what you're saying and whilst yes there has been an onus on this new pass-out-from-the-back playing style we still have an awful lot of long balls. The only difference is that I'd say generally they are more calculated than before and potentially the number of which is also representative of our overall possession - therefore we are more likely to make more passes of all types, including long.

Last season we were third for short passes per game (407) behind Huddersfield (427) and Fulham (504).

Fulham were last for long balls per game (64). First? Us with 90. Blackburn were second (88) and Ipswich third (87).

There are plenty of reasons why Andy Carroll would be an unlikely signing, playing style is not one of them I'd suggest.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Aug 2017 16:04

If we hit so many 'long balls' last season (ignoring the fact that most of these would have been cross field passes not punts to a big number 9) then you could understand us signing Carroll last season.
But this season our style has changed. Possibly circumstances have dictated, but we're more fluid, more flexible and using the pace and guile of Popa, Barrow, Clement and Swift. We're starting to look better for it, much like Leeds will be much better without Wood.
Getting in a big target man would not fit the way it looks like Stam is heading.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Aug 2017 16:21

Nameless If we hit so many 'long balls' last season (ignoring the fact that most of these would have been cross field passes not punts to a big number 9) then you could understand us signing Carroll last season.
But this season our style has changed. Possibly circumstances have dictated, but we're more fluid, more flexible and using the pace and guile of Popa, Barrow, Clement and Swift. We're starting to look better for it, much like Leeds will be much better without Wood.
Getting in a big target man would not fit the way it looks like Stam is heading.

Maybe it's changed because we haven't had that target striker?

I'm pretty sure if Kermorgant wasn't injured we'd have seen more of the same.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Aug 2017 16:50

CountryRoyal
Nameless If we hit so many 'long balls' last season (ignoring the fact that most of these would have been cross field passes not punts to a big number 9) then you could understand us signing Carroll last season.

Maybe it's changed because we haven't had that target striker?

I'm pretty sure if Kermorgant wasn't injured we'd have seen more of the same.

Yes, as I had, circumstances may have dictated...

However our recruitment would suggest otherwise, plus comments made by Stam about needing to move our style forward. We've recruited players to play a faster, more throughtful style and perhaps Yann's injury has made this transition easier....

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 26 Aug 2017 18:13

Hemed played for Brighton today against Watford who went down to 10 men on 24 minutes, it finished 0-0. Brighton fans, believing they have the divine right to win against a weaken Premiership side can’t wait to see the back of Hemed which could play nicely into our hands. Yes, he missed a few opportunities today but personally, I think Hemed would do well for us in the Championship. If we could get him for between £4 to 6m, which sounds ridiculous for a player with less than 12mths left on his contract, then I would say that Hemed is our best option for the money. Depends if Brighton can get another striker in before Thursday.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 26 Aug 2017 18:27

Oilroyal Hemed played for Brighton today against Watford who went down to 10 men on 24 minutes, it finished 0-0. Brighton fans, believing they have the divine right to win against a weaken Premiership side can’t wait to see the back of Hemed which could play nicely into our hands. Yes, he missed a few opportunities today but personally, I think Hemed would do well for us in the Championship. If we could get him for between £4 to 6m, which sounds ridiculous for a player with less than 12mths left on his contract, then I would say that Hemed is our best option for the money. Depends if Brighton can get another striker in before Thursday.

While I like him, I think c.£5 million is just too much for a player who's over 30.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 26 Aug 2017 18:48

RichTea94
Oilroyal Hemed played for Brighton today against Watford who went down to 10 men on 24 minutes, it finished 0-0. Brighton fans, believing they have the divine right to win against a weaken Premiership side can’t wait to see the back of Hemed which could play nicely into our hands. Yes, he missed a few opportunities today but personally, I think Hemed would do well for us in the Championship. If we could get him for between £4 to 6m, which sounds ridiculous for a player with less than 12mths left on his contract, then I would say that Hemed is our best option for the money. Depends if Brighton can get another striker in before Thursday.

While I like him, I think c.£5 million is just too much for a player who's over 30.

Granted but I cant get my head around Hugill for 8m either. Let's be honest the club missed its best chance of a decent striker in Oliveira. 8m accepted, deal looking as good as done... in steps Newcastle to screw things up with a 12m Murphy bid.

Oliveira at £8m apart, no striker is worth their current price tag as the window runs down.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 26 Aug 2017 19:12

Demarara (or whatever his name is) deal has fallen through ... so Hemed unlikely to leave B now.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 26 Aug 2017 19:14

Their Ghanaian striker fell through due to a heart issue identified during his medical and now Murray is out for 6 weeks. Guess this isn't happening then.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 26 Aug 2017 19:18

maffff Their Ghanaian striker fell through due to a heart issue identified during his medical and now Murray is out for 6 weeks. Guess this isn't happening then.

all over twitter that the Oliveira deal might still be alive, really... could it be?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 26 Aug 2017 19:45

Oilroyal
maffff Their Ghanaian striker fell through due to a heart issue identified during his medical and now Murray is out for 6 weeks. Guess this isn't happening then.

all over twitter that the Oliveira deal might still be alive, really... could it be?

Jaap said we still want him. That's all.

Post game Jaap, Brian and Ron were having a conversation whilst Brian was on the phone, presumably transfer related.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 26 Aug 2017 19:48

maffff
Oilroyal

Jaap said we still want him. That's all.

Post game Jaap, Brian and Ron were having a conversation whilst Brian was on the phone, presumably transfer related.

I will jizz if this happens !!

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 26 Aug 2017 20:19

Funny that I'd snap your hand off for Oliveira at £8,000,000 now, whereas a month ago it was too much. With the way the market is going, should we just bite the bullet and bid £10 million for Ollie? He's probably unsettled, and they play one up top with Jerome being preferred.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Aug 2017 21:20

I can't see Brighton letting Hemed go at all. They are short on players as it is. Hughton appears to have been asleep all summer

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Aug 2017 00:49

Well our friends down on the south coast are still waiting for their first goal. I could cry for them.
Maybe Hemed is surplus to requirements,

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 27 Aug 2017 01:23

As we well know, a robust, direct 4-4-2 that spanks the Championship doesn't necessarily work in the Prem.

Bournemouth managed it though I suppose.

NeilD

by NeilD » 30 Aug 2017 14:53

Just spotted this on the BBC Sports rolling news -

"After FC Zurich forward Raphael Dwamena failed his medical - and with Glenn Murray and Sam Baldock out injured - the top priority for Chris Hughton is at least one striker, but preferably two. His own frontman Tomer Hemed is a target for Reading. The Seagulls are still considering a centre-back and another goalkeeper if good-value late opportunities arise."

Probably just repeated, old news as I cannot see we need him anymore