Royal Elm Park

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Tronks

Royal Elm Park

by Tronks » 23 Jul 2017 18:42

I'm new to hobnob so sorry if this is old hat but can anyone tell me just how the football club and I mean the team will benefit from the development both in the short and long term. :?:

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Royal Elm Park

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 24 Jul 2017 09:24

There's gonna be a giant bouncy castle that kids can play on for £1 with all proceeds going straight in to the transfer kitty.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 24 Jul 2017 09:31

Super Kevin Bremner! There's gonna be a giant bouncy castle that kids can play on for £1 with all proceeds going straight in to the transfer kitty.

The big question as it has always been is whether there will be a spoons.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jul 2017 10:01

Other than it might look quite pretty, not a lot really

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 24 Jul 2017 10:06

It benefits in that it was the sweetener hat enticed new owners in to save the team from administration. The benefit has been had.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 24 Jul 2017 10:13

Tronks I'm new to hobnob so sorry if this is old hat but can anyone tell me just how the football club and I mean the team will benefit from the development both in the short and long term. :?:

I don't think it will benefit the team at all, but I don't really care about that - at least there's some improvement in that area of town and around the ground. So as fans and Reading residents (or ex-residents), at least the town is developing in the right way.

Are you one of those gimboids who are anti investment in REP as it has no direct benefit to the team?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Jul 2017 12:33

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128234

oh and **** off newbie :wink:

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 24 Jul 2017 13:14

Tronks I'm new to hobnob so sorry if this is old hat but can anyone tell me just how the football club and I mean the team will benefit from the development both in the short and long term. :?:

The club did a survey and found out that folks are more likely to come to games if they can have a cheeky nandos beforehand.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Jul 2017 14:31

Super Kevin Bremner! There's gonna be a giant bouncy castle that kids can play on for £1 with all proceeds going straight in to the transfer kitty.

Bouncy castles are awesome tbf. Never too old.

Tronks

by Tronks » 27 Jul 2017 20:13

Ok so there was I hoping to get some sort of sensible answer instead I get abuse from fellow Reading supporters who seem to think the height of intelligence is bouncy castles. Maybe I'm wrong to think that it's Ok for the Tia's who came to our rescue when needed to make some money but wrong to asset strip the club. After all as far as I know we owned the land so maybe we should see some of the profit benefit the club
Sensible answers only please. Maybe the morons amongst you can have a day off.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 30 Jul 2017 10:43

Maybe the moron who posts a question can look at the other threads before posting in the wrong forum, and maybe read the responses the moron has received pointing him to the relevant thread.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 30 Jul 2017 10:52

Tbf a massive Nandos and a spoons would go down an absolute treat. They'd make a killing especially with the train station meaning no drink driving issues - train back into town to carry on the session. In fact it would probably tempt me to get a season ticket once more.
Last edited by Jagermesiter1871 on 30 Jul 2017 19:11, edited 2 times in total.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Jul 2017 13:52

Tronks Ok so there was I hoping to get some sort of sensible answer instead I get abuse from fellow Reading supporters who seem to think the height of intelligence is bouncy castles. Maybe I'm wrong to think that it's Ok for the Tia's who came to our rescue when needed to make some money but wrong to asset strip the club. After all as far as I know we owned the land so maybe we should see some of the profit benefit the club

You're going to fit in well here.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 30 Jul 2017 13:56

Tronks Ok so there was I hoping to get some sort of sensible answer instead I get abuse from fellow Reading supporters who seem to think the height of intelligence is bouncy castles. Maybe I'm wrong to think that it's Ok for the Tia's who came to our rescue when needed to make some money but wrong to asset strip the club. After all as far as I know we owned the land so maybe we should see some of the profit benefit the club

As another has pointed out to you - there is a 27 page thread all about Royal Elm Park here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128234

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jul 2017 14:19

It feels like you may have already formed a fairly firm opinion.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 30 Jul 2017 15:24

Suck my inflatable

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jul 2017 17:55

Jagermesiter1871 Tbf a massive Nandos and a spoons would go down an absolute treat. They'd make a killing especially with the train station meaning no driving. In fact it would probably tempt me to get a season ticket once more.

This is definitely true. Is that actually in the plans, can't say I've paid huge notice to them

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Jul 2017 18:02

If you read the replies instead of throwing your toys out of the Prem you might have found your answer.
We did own the land, we sold it (hence have made a profit).
The club retained a part ownership in the development which would obviously have meant a share of profits.
If theclub owners have sold that interest then we won't make any further direct profit.
It's all being discussed at length many times but feel free to ask for it to be debated again . And obviously getting stroppy if the answers you get aren't the ones you wanted...

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1