Rumour - Naki wells

138 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Naki wells

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jul 2017 16:18

maffff
Sutekh
CountryRoyal Sorry, I'm really really bored and passively masturbating.

:shock:

I'll have you know I masturbate very assertively, thank you very much.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 31 Jul 2017 16:22

CountryRoyal
BerksRzz Stam said he hoped for some new faces this week.

Awfully quiet on here though :lol:

Wells has already signed, Aluko has a bit to go and we're hopeful on getting Thelander across the line before Saturday as well, but that one is looking less likely.

Are you ITK or is this idle spaculation

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jul 2017 16:32

linkenholtroyal
CountryRoyal
BerksRzz Stam said he hoped for some new faces this week.

Awfully quiet on here though :lol:

Wells has already signed, Aluko has a bit to go and we're hopeful on getting Thelander across the line before Saturday as well, but that one is looking less likely.

Are you ITK or is this idle spaculation

I'd say im about as ITK was Jlow.

:lol:

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 31 Jul 2017 17:10

Out for 2 to 3 weeks according to this

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-striker-nahki-wells-13411941

Striker Nahki Wells may need minor surgery to overcome the ankle injury which prevented him travelling to the Town training camp in Austria

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2017 18:55

Oilroyal Out for 2 to 3 weeks according to this

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-striker-nahki-wells-13411941

Striker Nahki Wells may need minor surgery to overcome the ankle injury which prevented him travelling to the Town training camp in Austria

If we sign him that'll translate to 2 to 3 months with our record.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 Jul 2017 19:32

I really hope we don't sign him. The last thing we need is another injured striker.

i liked the young player that burst on to the scene for Bradford who we could have signed for a reasonable fee but not now.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 01 Aug 2017 04:16

BerksRzz Couldn't have said it better myself

Spending lots in this player would be a travesty. I know he wants championship experience but surely there's better value abroad ffs.

lol, typical football fan.

Whine when we spend money on local talent, one who a lot of fans have been wanting for years.

Whine if we spend on unproven talent from overseas, when we should be looking closer to home with championship experience....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Aug 2017 07:28

The problem with buying from abroad is you'll have no idea how the player will adapt. It's much more of a gamble. At least with Wells you know he has the ability to play at this level

I do agree anything north of £5m is too much for him. I do suspect with that injury he has it's going to become much more difficult for Hudders to get the money they want for him. His value will probably halve if he is still there in September

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 01 Aug 2017 08:37

BerksRzz Im just saying his goal return is poor and with us looking to pay a rumoured 6m we could probably find better value elsewhere.

All about opinions

You think his goal return is poor?! He averages a goal every 235 mins in the Championship and one every 176 minutes across his career.

That's not poor, that's excellent - if he played every minute of every game that'd translate to 17-18 goals per season. Sorry, but to find a player with a better ratio than that in the Championship, who also fits our style of play (i.e. not a hoofball merchant like Wood) you'd be looking at a very small pool of players who'd all cost far more than Wells (the majority of whom are now playing in the PL, i.e. Austin, or are unattainable, i.e. Kodija).

We could spend a similar sum on a player from abroad, but there's no guarantee how they'd do. You don't get the proven Championship experience, or necessarily a team with a similar style of play. Look at Pogrebynak for example, we all thought he'd tear up the Championship.

£10m might be a little extreme but honestly I don't see many other options who would be an almost certain success for that sum of money. I'd expect any fee to be more like £6m regardless.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Aug 2017 08:58

Id be amazed if we spent 10 million on him. Going to miss the first month of the season from the sound of it at least, and thats if the ankle surgery is successful. By that time Mendes and McCleary should be back fit, and Yann might not be too far away.

Definitely one thats worth playing the waiting game on unless they drop their valuation

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Aug 2017 09:01

Hound The problem with buying from abroad is you'll have no idea how the player will adapt. It's much more of a gamble. At least with Wells you know he has the ability to play at this level

I do agree anything north of £5m is too much for him. I do suspect with that injury he has it's going to become much more difficult for Hudders to get the money they want for him. His value will probably halve if he is still there in September

If he's still there in September his value will be zero !
What it will be in January is a whole different question....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Aug 2017 09:38

Yeah I get that...

Obv the point being is the closer it gets to end of Aug the more they will be keen to sell you'd think due to the drop in value

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 11 Aug 2017 11:54

Latest from Sky Sports, Wells out for up to six weeks - beyond the transfer deadline.

Assuming we are still interested, do we bid for a crock or move on to other targets?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Aug 2017 12:21

We've got enough crocks, so unless it halves his cost no, no and no!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Aug 2017 12:21

Lets get him - slightly cheaper.

Quality addition - others have chance to impress, international break - he can hit ground running mid September. Lets not miss out.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 11 Aug 2017 12:36

UpNorth Latest from Sky Sports, Wells out for up to six weeks - beyond the transfer deadline.

Assuming we are still interested, do we bid for a crock or move on to other targets?

6 weeks out and then another 6 to get fit again

No fanks

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 11 Aug 2017 16:07

Worst case it’s 6 weeks + fitness recovery time, he’d be back after the international break having missed 10 league games, but available for 34 league + cup games. If the price reflects this then why not sign him. I’m sure any sale to us would be by instalment and on condition the player recovers fully, within a given timeframe before the full asking price is met. Not really a risk as such.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Aug 2017 16:09

Oilroyal Worst case it’s 6 weeks + fitness recovery time, he’d be back after the international break having missed 10 league games, but available for 34 league + cup games. If the price reflects this then why not sign him. I’m sure any sale to us would be by instalment and on condition the player recovers fully, within a given timeframe before the full asking price is met. Not really a risk as such.

Worst case it's 10 weeks + fitness time and he's not the same player on recovery. When was the last time one of our injured players returned on schedule?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 Aug 2017 17:16

Oilroyal Worst case it’s 6 weeks + fitness recovery time, he’d be back after the international break having missed 10 league games, but available for 34 league + cup games. If the price reflects this then why not sign him.

Well short of match fitness for half the season. With little time to integrate into the squad. We need players that can hit the ground running.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 11 Aug 2017 17:25

Snowflake Royal
Oilroyal Worst case it’s 6 weeks + fitness recovery time, he’d be back after the international break having missed 10 league games, but available for 34 league + cup games. If the price reflects this then why not sign him. I’m sure any sale to us would be by instalment and on condition the player recovers fully, within a given timeframe before the full asking price is met. Not really a risk as such.

Worst case it's 10 weeks + fitness time and he's not the same player on recovery. When was the last time one of our injured players returned on schedule?

Some players do, most dont.

Anyway I was told by many last Saturday that it’s a marathon and not a sprint. If we are in for him and he’s injured for the next 10 or so games and the asking price reflects this, then surly after all these transfer windows with Wells on our transfer wish list, I would have thought that now is the time to sign him. Unless of course we have other decent options for a mobile striker

138 posts