calibre of striker within the next 10 days

What calibre of striker will we sign in the next 10 days?

Poll ended at 31 Aug 2017 13:19
Shane Long
14%
Nelson Oliveira
14%
Nahki wells
6%
European unknown
26%
Pem striker on loan
14%
Free agent after the 31st
4%
No incoming striker until January
21%

Total votes: 84
Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

calibre of striker within the next 10 days

by Oilroyal » 21 Aug 2017 13:19

Poll running until the window closes on the 31st

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: calibre of striker within the next 10 days

by Oilroyal » 21 Aug 2017 13:23

*Prem Striker :oops:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Aug 2017 13:25

We all know we'll all still be waiting for a striker to be signed by the end of the transfer window next January so can't see the next 10 days bringing much excitement.

PS - How do I vote for Ian Royal?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 21 Aug 2017 13:29

Sutekh We all know we'll all still be waiting for a striker to be signed by the end of the transfer window next January so can't see the next 10 days bringing much excitement.

Speaking of... where is he? not seen him on here for ages

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Aug 2017 10:05

Oilroyal
Sutekh We all know we'll all still be waiting for a striker to be signed by the end of the transfer window next January so can't see the next 10 days bringing much excitement.

transfered to Brighton

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 22 Aug 2017 10:09

Snowball
Oilroyal

transfered to Brighton

:D :D :D :D :D

largetrousers
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by largetrousers » 22 Aug 2017 12:34

Whilst I don't know too much detail, i've heard that FFP is having a big effect on us splashing the cash now and effectively wiped around 10 million off of what we wanted to spend in this window. No idea what we're left with, hope it's not completely true and there are still ways that we can pull a rabbit out of a hat.

My worry is its so late into the transfer window. The club should have had it's targets/discussions all wrapped up other than being rubber stamped and formally agreed before pre-season (or just after if players away to negotiate terms), giving them half a chance of bedding into the team in the early stages. So late screams of desperation, always remember Coppell saying similar about last minute signings and can't help but agree with that.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Aug 2017 12:50

largetrousers Whilst I don't know too much detail, i've heard that FFP is having a big effect on us splashing the cash now and effectively wiped around 10 million off of what we wanted to spend in this window. No idea what we're left with, hope it's not completely true and there are still ways that we can pull a rabbit out of a hat.

My worry is its so late into the transfer window. The club should have had it's targets/discussions all wrapped up other than being rubber stamped and formally agreed before pre-season (or just after if players away to negotiate terms), giving them half a chance of bedding into the team in the early stages. So late screams of desperation, always remember Coppell saying similar about last minute signings and can't help but agree with that.

How the feck can we get done for FFP? we`ve spent sod all compared to the likes of Wolves.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Aug 2017 13:04

windermereROYAL
largetrousers Whilst I don't know too much detail, i've heard that FFP is having a big effect on us splashing the cash now and effectively wiped around 10 million off of what we wanted to spend in this window. No idea what we're left with, hope it's not completely true and there are still ways that we can pull a rabbit out of a hat.

How the feck can we get done for FFP? we`ve spent sod all compared to the likes of Wolves.

Because it also includes wages etc. However when you look at the way QPR managed to sail though FFP with sod all punishment when the rules at the time were stricter, its hard to believe Reading would be too near breaking any rules.

Does anyone know the actual facts regarding Reading and the current FFP restrictions?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 22 Aug 2017 13:14

Sutekh
windermereROYAL

Because it also includes wages etc. However when you look at the way QPR managed to sail though FFP with sod all punishment when the rules at the time were stricter, its hard to believe Reading would be too near breaking any rules.

Does anyone know the actual facts regarding Reading and the current FFP restrictions?

Ambitious and determined owners with worldwide business interests know how to get around the FFP rules and balance the books with an injection of associated sponsorship money and royalties, if the books need balancing for FFP. But every club will have its own limit to embellishing with wooden dollar income and monies received.

I also think that the 10m shortfall you refer to maybe because of this year’s over the top price inflation for players. 5 players with an addition 2m added on to their price seems to be the norm. If ambitious owners and their advisers deem it as good business and have calculated the risk and can still get a return on their investment, then the money will be made available.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Aug 2017 13:42

We're down £10m this season because last season was our final parachute payment, which was £10m

mambo3

by mambo3 » 22 Aug 2017 13:43

if Stam is happy not having a striker then I'm happy with that. don't need him to panic buy for the sake of fans demand.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 22 Aug 2017 14:06

tidus_mi2 We're down £10m this season because last season was our final parachute payment, which was £10m

The removal of the £10m parachute money would have been considered when the club prepared its budget for this current season/year. What largetrousers posted was along the lines of, due to the club not wanting to foul FFP rules they are now short by £10m from the transfer budget (set) going into this window. The shortfall referred to is with the transfer budget. A budget which would have been revised when the new owners came in. I would think in part the shortfall is due to the unprecedented inflation of player prices by the selling clubs.

If largetrousers post is correct then we’re £10M short in our (transfer) budget against the players that the club are, and have been targeting… nothing to do with parachute money from last year

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 22 Aug 2017 14:24

mambo3 if Stam is happy not having a striker then I'm happy with that. don't need him to panic buy for the sake of fans demand.

I expect Stam’s over the moon happy

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Aug 2017 14:37

Sutekh
windermereROYAL

Also, re: Wolves. They ran at a profit last year. Which helps.

JIM

by JIM » 22 Aug 2017 16:00

Donkey CAROLL Westham up for offer, way down pecking order now,
Must be worth a 5ver bid.

TheWhisper

by TheWhisper » 22 Aug 2017 16:26

When do the prem teams have to submit their teams?
Probably some loan options available after then

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Aug 2017 16:36

TheWhisper When do the prem teams have to submit their teams?
Probably some loan options available after then

Pretty sure registration only has to be confirmed on the last day of the transfer window, after that the loan window would be closed anyway, that said, Premier League clubs will know who isn't making their squads before the window closes and will be looking to move them on so as you say, options could present themselves shortly.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Aug 2017 21:12

JIM Donkey CAROLL Westham up for offer, way down pecking order now,
Must be worth a 5ver bid.

Someone been reading this thread and tweeted Ady Williams that Caroll is in the Reading director's box tonight. Cue Tim Dellor trying to see into the box and seeing someone with a baseball cap and hoodie on :lol:

Sadly they agree at the end of it that the rumour is a load of grollocks

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Aug 2017 21:19

For fuck's sake :lol:

@ChronCourtney
Rumours that Andy Carroll is at Mad Stad tonight. Nothing concrete. #readingfc #WHUFC