Mauro Marconato

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Mauro Marconato

by windermereROYAL » 23 Aug 2017 09:48

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... urces_say/

READING FC is on the verge of signing 21-year-old Argentinian striker Mauro Marconato, the Chronicle understands.
Marconato, who can play as a winger or as a striker, arrived in Berkshire alongside his agent last night in order to finalise a move to Berkshire, sources say.
The forward, who currently plays for Argentinian top-flight side Club Atlético Patronato, checked into Madejski Stadium hotel last night in order to complete discussions with director of football Brian Tevreden and Chief Executive Ron Gourlay today.
Royals' boss Jaap Stam last night vented his frustration at the club's hierarchy about the lack of transfer activity and urged the board to bring in more players.
The Dutchman insisted Reading need a striker and a midfielder before the transfer window slams shut next week.
“I want to bring players in and we need to bring players in,” asserted Stam
“I’ve spoken with the club about it, even before I signed.
“It’s about looking for the right players and getting them in to make us stronger.
“The longer we wait, the more expensive players get.
"It’s not going to be easy to bring those player in but they need to come in because we need that extra quality in the squad.
“A striker and a midfielder are our main priorities.”
The Chronicle understands Marconato will have a medical at Reading today (Wednesday).
He made four appearances in the Argentian top-flight last season but did not notch a single goal.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 23 Aug 2017 09:53, edited 2 times in total.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Striker in?

by TBM » 23 Aug 2017 09:52

Marconato, who can play as a winger or as a striker

Why can't we just buy a player who is just a striker? - players who can play "as a winger or a striker" are just going to be attacking midfielders.

We want a true number 9 - someone who will play up front and not feel the need to drop into midfielder cos it feel natural

JIM

Re: Mauro Marconato

by JIM » 23 Aug 2017 09:55

Goal scoring record not too hot, + Work permit could be a problem,
Last edited by JIM on 23 Aug 2017 09:57, edited 1 time in total.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 23 Aug 2017 09:56

TBM

Why can't we just buy a player who is just a striker? - players who can play "as a winger or a striker" are just going to be attacking midfielders.

We want a true number 9 - someone who will play up front and not feel the need to drop into midfielder cos it feel natural

^this
I think he's acually a left winger/striker

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Aug 2017 10:07

Waiting for the merge 8)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Aug 2017 10:15

:lol:

Reading fans: Sign a striker!!!!
Also Reading fans: FFS not that one

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 23 Aug 2017 10:29

Oilroyal
TBM

^this
I think he's acually a left winger/striker

In FM he's classed as a deep lying midfielder too...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2017 11:45

Agent has stated he was there but was just there as part of private life as he is having trials with clubs in the UK, Reading are apparently not one of them.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 24 Aug 2017 19:45

Stranded Agent has stated he was there but was just there as part of private life as he is having trials with clubs in the UK, Reading are apparently not one of them.

Millwall perhaps?

One87One

by One87One » 24 Aug 2017 20:25

Stranded Agent has stated he was there but was just there as part of private life as he is having trials with clubs in the UK, Reading are apparently not one of them.

And the Agent just happened to fancy a night out with him of course.

The lad that broke this first was a fan who saw them checking into the hotel that evening. Chronicle picked it up after seeing his tweets. The same lad who to his credit was right about them being there, said the Agent said he was there for talks with BT. So, perhaps talks broke down, or we're keeping quiet about this one to detract from other interest. Who knows, but both of them popping by for a game is a little bizarre.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Aug 2017 22:31

Well, if this is a goer, what little information I can find about him would suggest he is the midfielder Stam is after rather than the forward.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Aug 2017 05:56

One87One

The lad that broke this first was a fan who saw them checking into the hotel that evening. Chronicle picked it up after seeing his tweets. The same lad who to his credit was right about them being there, said the Agent said he was there for talks with BT. So, perhaps talks broke down, or we're keeping quiet about this one to detract from other interest. Who knows, but both of them popping by for a game is a little bizarre.

Fair enough. I am always impressed that Reading fans can identify formerly virtually unknown footballers and agents in a hotel bar on matchday.

Barcelona Blue

by Barcelona Blue » 25 Aug 2017 07:47

Stranded
One87One

Fair enough. I am always impressed that Reading fans can identify formerly virtually unknown footballers and agents in a hotel bar on matchday.

So am I, to be able to spot a reasonably unknown Argentinian is pretty impressive stuff, I hope someone gets down there today and spots a centre forward because the wait now is starting to do my head in.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Aug 2017 09:37

Barcelona Blue
Stranded
One87One

So am I, to be able to spot a reasonably unknown Argentinian is pretty impressive stuff, I hope someone gets down there today and spots a centre forward because the wait now is starting to do my head in.

Is he in the bushes yet?

ChickenClucker

by ChickenClucker » 25 Aug 2017 09:58

Sutekh
Barcelona Blue
Stranded

Is he in the bushes yet?

Hopefully its not a bramble bush

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Aug 2017 12:51

TBM

Nicky Forster, Kevin Doyle?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 26 Aug 2017 01:12

SCIAG
TBM

Both played up front with a striker tho - the system we play needs an out and out striker

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Aug 2017 08:18

TBM
SCIAG
TBM

Both played up front with a striker tho - the system we play needs an out and out striker

Forster played at least a significant chunk on his own with Hughes in behind.

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1