RUMOUR - Luuk de Jong

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
yuomi

RUMOUR - Luuk de Jong

by yuomi » 23 Aug 2017 10:38

https://www.transfermarkt.nl/ajax-wil-s ... ews/285610

Don't for a second believe it's true (esp. given the source), but apparently he's 'waiting for our offer'....

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Luuk de Jong

by windermereROYAL » 23 Aug 2017 10:56

Translated
Ajax Negotiates with Newcastle United on a return from Siem de Jong. The attacking midfielder, also useful as a center kick, must offer the Amsterdam selection of more experience.

The 28-year-old De Jong still has a contract with Newcastle United until 2020, which took over nearly 9 million euros from Ajax three years ago. Both clubs should not only agree on a transfer fee. Siem de Jong will also have to pay a lot of salary.

The brother of PSV attacker Luuk could also get started at Reading, where Jaap Stam is trainer. The sixfold international has let that club, based on second level in England, know that he waives for that offer.

De Jong became a four-time champion with Ajax. He had already thought of a return to Amsterdam last season, but then Peter Bosz, a trainer, did not need him at that time. De Jong decided to play football on PSV's rent basis. He scored for the Eindhoven club against Ajax in the ArenA.

if you understand that.. :shock:
Google translate,

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 23 Aug 2017 11:45

Maybe after we failed to persuade Siem De Jong to join us he suggested that Jaap should consider his brother, Luuk.
Watching his style of play (youtube only) he'd be excellent for us through the middle what with Jaap’s attention to quality out on the wings, and our already creative midfield. De Jong could be the No 9 we're missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQatdQGeEa4

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2017 11:49

Would be very happy with this one if there is any truth in it.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Aug 2017 11:52

I think it's just a misreading by the OP. It's the Siem Dr Jong story and the only mention of Luuk is that he's his brother. The "waiting for our offer" is actually Siem waiving our offer.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 23 Aug 2017 11:55

From Despair To Where? I think it's just a misreading by the OP. It's the Siem Dr Jong story and the only mention of Luuk is that he's his brother.

The brother of PSV attacker Luuk could also get started at Reading, where Jaap Stam is trainer. The sixfold international has let that club, based on second level in England, know that he waives for that offer.

I read it that Luuk could also be a target at Reading, and he (the player) awaits (waives) for that offer... I could be reading it wrong though

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Aug 2017 11:59

It's says the brother of PSV's Luuk I.e. Siem, could have gone to Reading but he has waived our offer.

Absolutely no story here with regard to Luuk.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 23 Aug 2017 12:01

From Despair To Where? It's says the brother of PSV's Luuk I.e. Siem, could have gone to Reading but he has waived our offer

bugger, thanks.. read it with my “striker desperation glasses on”

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2017 12:04

Oilroyal
From Despair To Where? I think it's just a misreading by the OP. It's the Siem Dr Jong story and the only mention of Luuk is that he's his brother.

I read it that Luuk could also be a target at Reading, and he (the player) awaits (waives) for that offer... I could be reading it wrong though

Just read the original article, and guess that Google translate has done it's usual here and translated literally.

The paragraph actually just states that (my translation):

The brother of PSV Striker Luuk, could also have joined Reading, where Japp Stam is manager. However, the 6 time international has told the club, based in the English Second Division, that he will not take up the offer.

So ties in to the Siem had offers from us and Ajax and has chosen the Ajax offer

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Aug 2017 12:55

I thought signing a Dutch international from PSV who, according to Wiki, had managed 54 goals in 97 appearances was just a tad unlikely.

And I was right.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 23 Aug 2017 13:53

I wont lie I did do a little sex wee when I read the OP

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 23 Aug 2017 19:55

Apparently we were willing to match Siem De Jong's Newcastle wages, so we seem willing to drop money on the right player. De Jong rejected us to join Ajax on lower wages.

carnaby's sideburns

by carnaby's sideburns » 23 Aug 2017 20:49

This is by far the scariest link to a player I've ever read on hobnob. For my sins I'm a Newcastle season ticker holder and have seen plenty of both de Jongs. Ignore any stats about the Dutch league, what I've seen is players with a lack of pace, easily dispossessed, poor finishing ability and both shockingly injury prone. My wife (NUFC fan) is in raptures at the possibility of getting rid. Please Siem continue to rebuff us!!

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 24 Aug 2017 09:37

I read Dutch and this is just saying that Siem de Jong isn't interested in joining Reading. It just mentions that his brother is at PSV with no relevance to the story what so ever.

De broer van PSV-aanvaller Luuk kon ook bij Reading aan de slag, waar Jaap Stam trainer is. De zesvoudig international heeft die club, uitkomend op het tweede niveau in Engeland, laten weten dat hij afziet van dat aanbod.

translation

The brother of the PSV striker Luuk could have gone to Reading, where Jaap Stam is the manager. The 6 times international has told the club (in the second division in England) that he is turning down the offer.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Aug 2017 09:51

tulip I read Dutch and this is just saying that Siem de Jong isn't interested in joining Reading. It just mentions that his brother is at PSV with no relevance to the story what so ever.

De broer van PSV-aanvaller Luuk kon ook bij Reading aan de slag, waar Jaap Stam trainer is. De zesvoudig international heeft die club, uitkomend op het tweede niveau in Engeland, laten weten dat hij afziet van dat aanbod.

translation

The brother of the PSV striker Luuk could have gone to Reading, where Jaap Stam is the manager. The 6 times international has told the club (in the second division in England) that he is turning down the offer.

Good to know my very basic understanding of Dutch (realised there are a lot of similar words to German and can often get the jist of written Dutch) was pretty much on the money. :D

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 24 Aug 2017 10:03

Stranded
tulip I read Dutch and this is just saying that Siem de Jong isn't interested in joining Reading. It just mentions that his brother is at PSV with no relevance to the story what so ever.

translation

Good to know my very basic understanding of Dutch (realised there are a lot of similar words to German and can often get the jist of written Dutch) was pretty much on the money. :D

Yes it was! I can often get the jist of written German too, spoken isn't as easy although I can understand random words.

One87One

by One87One » 24 Aug 2017 20:27

£2m fee had been agreed with Newcastle, but De Jong wanted a return to Holland. We apparently offered a lot more than Ajax as well, but not tempting enough sadly.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Aug 2017 02:36

One87One £2m fee had been agreed with Newcastle, but De Jong wanted a return to Holland. We apparently offered a lot more than Ajax as well, but not tempting enough sadly.

Amsterdam > Reading
Ajax > Reading FC

In a world of mercenaries and the spoils go to he who bids most, this is quite nice.

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1