Gunter to Sunderland?

Marino13

Gunter to Sunderland?

by Marino13 » 20 Nov 2017 15:58

hearing he might be on his way in january to team
up with former wales manager chris coleman.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Gunter to Sunderland?

by Forbury Lion » 20 Nov 2017 16:24

I heard he might be heading up there on 2nd December.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Nov 2017 16:31

Marino13 hearing he might be on his way in january to team

You didn't hear sod all. your just speculating the same as everyone else.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 20 Nov 2017 16:38

windermereROYAL
Marino13 hearing he might be on his way in january to team

You didn't hear sod all. your just speculating the same as everyone else.

Absolutely-we made the same addition of 2+2 on Saturday especially as Gunter wears no.2. :o

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2017 10:44

I would jizz in my pants in excitement if this were true. But seeing as it's obviously kes bullshit I shall stay disappointed.

Perfect fit for Sunderland's current side though. Utterly overrated and overpaid mediocre player without a winning bone in his body.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Nov 2017 12:15

Snowflake Royal I would jizz in my pants in excitement if this were true. But seeing as it's obviously kes bullshit I shall stay disappointed.

Perfect fit for Sunderland's current side though. Utterly overrated and overpaid mediocre player without a winning bone in his body.

Strange how so many people, who probably know far more about professional football than any of us on here, overrate him then!

Here's hoping you continue to remain disappointed. That's likely to be the case either way because when he does move on you will have to blindly pick another scapegoat to replace your current illogical choice.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2017 12:26

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal I would jizz in my pants in excitement if this were true. But seeing as it's obviously kes bullshit I shall stay disappointed.

Strange how so many people, who probably know far more about professional football than any of us on here, overrate him then!

Here's hoping you continue to remain disappointed. That's likely to be the case either way because when he does move on you will have to blindly pick another scapegoat to replace your current illogical choice.

Unlike some, I don't need an escapegoat.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 26 Nov 2017 13:55

RoyalBlue

Yep, Gunter who is widely thought off as a very decent Championship defender, picked my numerous Welsh international managers, and is one of the first names on their team sheet.

Likewise for Reading, chosen by Jaap Stam, Brian McDermott, Steve Clarke, Nigel Adkins repeatedly. Was Club Captain for quite a while.

Yet fans like this still whine and groan on about how bad he is.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 26 Nov 2017 14:33

More chance of Robson-Kanu going there on loan, surely?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2017 18:51

Didn't say he was bad, said he was mediocre.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 26 Nov 2017 19:21

bobby1413
RoyalBlue

Yep, Gunter who is widely thought off as a very decent Championship defender, picked my numerous Welsh international managers, and is one of the first names on their team sheet.

Likewise for Reading, chosen by Jaap Stam, Brian McDermott, Steve Clarke, Nigel Adkins repeatedly. Was Club Captain for quite a while.

Yet fans like this still whine and groan on about how bad he is.

Yep, all those managers-what is the common theme?
They have all been sacked and Stam is just about hanging on.
The other common theme-they all kept picking Gunter.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Nov 2017 19:39

Gary Speed and Chris Coleman weren’t sacked

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 26 Nov 2017 21:57

Victor Meldrew

Thanks. You're helping to prove my point that most of our fans are idiots

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 27 Nov 2017 08:33

Gunter still in the team?

Fold the club.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 27 Nov 2017 12:40

:?:
bobby1413
Victor Meldrew

Thanks. You're helping to prove my point that most of our fans are idiots

:?: :?:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Nov 2017 07:16

It does amuse me that managers that are typically derided for their time here are used as examples why Gunter has to be good.

McDermott 1: Actually played Cummings ahead of him at times and bought Kelly because he wasn't good enough.

Adkins: Made him captain and played him over Cummings and Kelly, but widely considered an apalling manager by Reading fans. I liked him, but he made plenty of mistakes and Gunter was one.

Clarke: Also widely considered a poor manager. Made a million signings, none RBs, but then we had worse problems than Gunter all over the pitch.

McDermott 2 : second spell widely derided despite beung handed the shittybend of the stick and given no time. Had no real options other than Gunter and more important signings to make.

Stam: inexperienced and obssessed with midfielders and wingers. Has no other option but to play Gunter thanks to injury and lack of balanced signings.

I don't care about Wales managers. Their options are different. Their team make up is different, their games are infrequent and Gunter puts in different performances.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Nov 2017 11:45

Snowflake Royal I don't care about Wales managers. Their options are different. Their team make up is different, their games are infrequent and Gunter puts in different performances.

That's not an argument is it. Please post again but present evidence rather than imbalanced statements.

Or just go and post on the Oldham Athletic fan page in future.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Nov 2017 12:05

John Smith
Snowflake Royal I don't care about Wales managers. Their options are different. Their team make up is different, their games are infrequent and Gunter puts in different performances.

That's not an argument is it. Please post again but present evidence rather than imbalanced statements.

I've explained and evidenced my reaaons for not rating Gunter extensively over the years.

I don't know you think Oldham has to do with anything, and I don't see why you seem to think posting on their forum or being their fan would be somehow less worthy than here.

I'm happy to talk about actual evidence and analysis of why Gunter is good. Just not "these otherwise not great managers played him so he must be". Which is all rather empty.

I'd like to make it clear I don't think Gunter is actually shit. Or hate him because of his performances. I 'hate' him because I've had to experuence the same mediocrity from him for 5 and a half seasons.

Just have a little thought experiment for everyone who likes Gunter.

Just imagine for a second a player you think isn't very good, not totally shit, just rather lacklustre. Roy Beerens maybe, JvdB, Cooper, perhaps Simon Church.

Now imagine them having played virtually every league game for six years whilst Reading continually disappoint.

Now tell me you wouldn't give them at least as much shit, if not far more, than I give Gunter.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Nov 2017 13:40

Snowflake Royal
John Smith

I've explained and evidenced my reaaons for not rating Gunter extensively over the years.

I don't know you think Oldham has to do with anything, and I don't see why you seem to think posting on their forum or being their fan would be somehow less worthy than here.

I'm happy to talk about actual evidence and analysis of why Gunter is good. Just not "these otherwise not great managers played him so he must be". Which is all rather empty.

I'd like to make it clear I don't think Gunter is actually shit. Or hate him because of his performances. I 'hate' him because I've had to experuence the same mediocrity from him for 5 and a half seasons.

Just have a little thought experiment for everyone who likes Gunter.

Just imagine for a second a player you think isn't very good, not totally shit, just rather lacklustre. Roy Beerens maybe, JvdB, Cooper, perhaps Simon Church.

Now imagine them having played virtually every league game for six years whilst Reading continually disappoint.

Now tell me you wouldn't give them at least as much shit, if not far more, than I give Gunter.

But Gunter isn't the problem it's the overall malaise of both squad and management that just hasn't been working for years.

However things are improving and Stam has been the closest since the Russian with no money was in charge. With Gunter in his team Reading finished 3rd last season and, IMO, would have been promoted if both he and Wagner had not both elected to play safe against each other at Wembley.

In doing that Chris must have been contributing something positive to the overall balance of the team and you can rest assured if Stam didn't rate him a right back would have been targeted in the transfer windows. If anything Stam recognises the quality in Chris Gunter and feels so safe with him he'll actually choose to play him at left back ahead of 2 left backs.

Not saying Gunter is a world beater but he is a good quality Championship level full back who does not look out of place on the international stage with a fairly useful Wales team. Ultimately he may not be any more than cover should Reading ever make it back to the PL but that is something waiting to be proven.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Nov 2017 13:57

Snowflake Royal I'm happy to talk about actual evidence and analysis of why Gunter is good. Just not "these otherwise not great managers played him so he must be". Which is all rather empty.

You're just waffling now.

How can that be "rather empty". Several people much more qualified than you choose to play him, not buy a replacement for him and hand him the armband, and you're telling me that's unfounded?

Perhaps creating a profile on the Doncaster Rovers messageboard is a better idea for you young man