Who could replace Stam?

603 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Who could replace Stam?

by Hound » 10 Jan 2018 13:58

Old Man Andrews
Hound yeah but it'd only take 3 more defeats for us to be in the bottom 3.

And we look far more likely to lose the next 3 than win the next 3

I think the way Brentford play and set up we could be in for a hiding at home to them. I want Stam out but not at the expense of defeats. I predict a heavy one that day, possibly being the final nail in the coffin for Stam.

agree. I think we'll beat either Hull or Stevenage, lose to the other, and then get royally spanked by Brentford in front of the owners and Gourlay, which will be the end of him.

Would like to be wrong of course

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Jan 2018 14:02

Pearson would be a good shout, can get buy without spending until the summer, keep us up and go for it next year

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Jan 2018 14:47

Hound yeah but it'd only take 3 more defeats for us to be in the bottom 3.

And we look far more likely to lose the next 3 than win the next 3

Just like we did before the Forest game then?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Jan 2018 14:59

loyalroyal4life Pearson would be a good shout, can get buy without spending until the summer, keep us up and go for it next year

ugh, no thanks.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Jan 2018 15:41

muirinho
loyalroyal4life Pearson would be a good shout, can get buy without spending until the summer, keep us up and go for it next year

ugh, no thanks.

Yes!

Just imagine Dellor getting eating alive in the pressers. I would welcome the man with open arms.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Jan 2018 15:57

John Smith
muirinho

ugh, no thanks.

Yes!

Just imagine Dellor getting eating alive in the pressers. I would welcome the man with open arms.

ok, got to admit, that would be a plus-point.

He'd have the Chronic's Courtney Heavens Knows I'm Miserable Now Friday for breakfast

Jakarta Bee

by Jakarta Bee » 14 Jan 2018 11:03

AthleticoSpizz Went onto “better things”.....tbf Dean (otherwise known as Dead) Smith has only stagnated, but otoh, secured the clubs position.

If Brentford ever had “a saviour” in recent years, it was Mad Dog Allen.....his fund-raising and profile helped save them from extinction not so long back

Warburton was your footballing man...and they curtailed his employment mid-hunt for a Premier place :|

That old chestnut again? His contract expired and was not renewed as his relationship with the owner had disintegrated. We have stabilized since he left despite a few mis-steps along the way and are not and will not be reliant on a single figurehead in the dug out. Dean Smith is doing a decent job but far from irreplaceable. I suspect Benham already knows who his successor will be..

By the way, Phil Parkinson is still a complete bell-end.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2018 11:21

Why is Phil Parkinson a bell end?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Jan 2018 22:41

Jakarta Bee
AthleticoSpizz Went onto “better things”.....tbf Dean (otherwise known as Dead) Smith has only stagnated, but otoh, secured the clubs position.

If Brentford ever had “a saviour” in recent years, it was Mad Dog Allen.....his fund-raising and profile helped save them from extinction not so long back

Warburton was your footballing man...and they curtailed his employment mid-hunt for a Premier place :|

That old chestnut again? His contract expired and was not renewed as his relationship with the owner had disintegrated. We have stabilized since he left despite a few mis-steps along the way and are not and will not be reliant on a single figurehead in the dug out. Dean Smith is doing a decent job but far from irreplaceable. I suspect Benham already knows who his successor will be..

Sounds like Benham is a bit of a trigger happy cnut. Tbh.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Jan 2018 09:07

Jakarta Bee

Why are you posting on a Reading FC forum?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Jan 2018 09:19

Coming on an opposition fan's forum and insulting a club legend.

I can't see that going well, JB...

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Jan 2018 10:38

Marco Silva please.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jan 2018 10:47

windermereROYAL Marco Silva please.

Good shout. Pep Guardiola for me.

poohs pure

Marco Silva

by poohs pure » 21 Jan 2018 10:57

Now available after another Twatford sacking. We definitely need a new manager to bring in a bounce effect as we are slipping worryingly down the table now.

TiagoIlori

Re: Marco Silva

by TiagoIlori » 21 Jan 2018 11:00

Be wouldn’t go to us, maybe if he was English we might have a chance, but this fella doesn’t seem to mind working in different countries, so he’ll have plenty of better options

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jan 2018 11:01

Worth asking the question isn’t it? Wouldn’t have to uproot and someone who you could invest some time in

Unlikely but then so was Jaap Stam 2 years ago

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jan 2018 11:15

Hound

Worth asking the question isn’t it? Wouldn’t have to uproot and someone who you could invest some time in

Unlikely but then so was Jaap Stam 2 years ago

A month ago he was the top target for Everton. His stock's still pretty high, and would've got a decent pay out from Watford. Why would he want to take over a Championship club in a relegation battle? He could have a six month holiday then walk back into a Premier League job in the summer.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jan 2018 11:22

I agree - it’s unlikely, but still no harm in asking

Not sure he’ll walk into another job in the prem though. Don’t think his spell at Watford will have won him too many admirers - trying to move to Everton and 10 without a win or whatever it is

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Marco Silva

by Zip » 21 Jan 2018 11:23

No thanks. He has failed at both clubs he has managed in England.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 21 Jan 2018 11:29

Micks at the end of his contract at Ipswich. I’ve not seen anything saying he’s signed a renewal so that makes him a free agent. He divides opinion, but he’s grounded, experienced and no nonsense. Personally I think we should forget glamour managers and go back to basics. We’re a Championship Club, not Champions league or Premier league.

603 posts