Who could replace Stam?

603 posts
Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Who could replace Stam?

by Royalwaster » 06 Jan 2018 23:02

Royality creeps In Don't particularly like him but he would kick some arses!
Our poor pampered players wouldn't know what hit em.

The worst cliche of old time - players play badly because they've been 'pampered'. I think what they need is some things thrown at them and some motivational booing by the fans.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Jan 2018 01:24

Royalwaster
Royality creeps In Don't particularly like him but he would kick some arses!
Our poor pampered players wouldn't know what hit em.

The worst cliche of old time - players play badly because they've been 'pampered'. I think what they need is some things thrown at them and some motivational booing by the fans.

They’re all twats.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 07 Jan 2018 13:00

RoyalBlue
muirinho
Old Man Andrews
Nobody would know this without access to our finances. Reading have an abundance of supporters on Twitter who think they are the clubs treasurer. They need hobbies!

Actually there are an abundance of supporters who can make very educated guesses.
FFP is based on turnover. Anybody who is vaguely interested can easily find out how much TV income we get, it's straightforward to make reasonable assumptions on matchday income based on previous years reported Financial Accounts, it's straightforward to make reasonable assumptions on player and staff costs, based on previous years Financial Accounts.

I am sure that clever, creative accountants have found lots of ways to legitimately boost 'revenue' in order to assist with FFP. I suspect these involve a lot more business activities in addition to the obvious ones you mention.

Manchester City get the owners company to sponsor them large amounts of money in order to make it look like they have made a profit for example, is a big company admittedly but does anyone know how much the company’s our owners have make a year? I’m assuming it would be a fair amount

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2018 14:51

Paul Hurst has Shrewsbury playing some pretty good stuff, just a little lacking in quality.

bigshaka'away'

by bigshaka'away' » 07 Jan 2018 15:54

Dead Smith of Brentford. No idea why nobody else has taken him, good manager on small budget, and has never failed.

Brentford are only a Championship club because of him.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Jan 2018 16:21

Mark Warburton

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jan 2018 16:23

Went onto “better things”.....tbf Dean (otherwise known as Dead) Smith has only stagnated, but otoh, secured the clubs position.

If Brentford ever had “a saviour” in recent years, it was Mad Dog Allen.....his fund-raising and profile helped save them from extinction not so long back

Warburton was your footballing man...and they curtailed his employment mid-hunt for a Premier place :|

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 07 Jan 2018 17:55

Has Lee Herron left?

If not would go with him until the summer, least he would play youth with no hesitation and solves issue of not being in a position to spend money until the summer avoiding FFP breaches!

bigshaka'away'

by bigshaka'away' » 07 Jan 2018 18:50

AthleticoSpizz Went onto “better things”.....tbf Dean (otherwise known as Dead) Smith has only stagnated, but otoh, secured the clubs position.

If Brentford ever had “a saviour” in recent years, it was Mad Dog Allen.....his fund-raising and profile helped save them from extinction not so long back

Warburton was your footballing man...and they curtailed his employment mid-hunt for a Premier place :|

Dead or not, he has sod all budget compared to others in the league and has done well to keep Brentford where they are. A club the size of Brentford are not stagnating in the middle of the championship, they are above where they should be with the fan base and money available. He is doing a good job while having his better players sold each year.

Futhermore he did well at Walsall. I would rather him then a failed 'big name', or a great former player (like Giggs).

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jan 2018 18:59

Yes.......pretty much what I was intimating

double d

by double d » 07 Jan 2018 19:33

The list of good available managers is quite a good read. Most will not come but could also dream. There must be a few in here that can do a job:

Luis Enrique
Peter Bosz
Tomas Tuchel
Slaven Bilic
Frank De Boer
Ronald Koeman
Laurent Blanc
Paul Clement
Alan Curbishley
Mark Warburton
Paulo di Canio
Oleg Blokhin
Mike Phelen
Simon Grayson
Gary Monk
Billy Davies
Paul Lambert
Scolari
Brian McDermott

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 07 Jan 2018 19:40

loyalroyal4life Has Lee Herron left?

If not would go with him until the summer, least he would play youth with no hesitation and solves issue of not being in a position to spend money until the summer avoiding FFP breaches!

Has left for Arsenal. Confirmed on the RFC website a day or two ago.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2018 19:41

double d The list of good available managers is quite a good read. Most will not come but could also dream. There must be a few in here that can do a job:

Luis Enrique
Peter Bosz
Tomas Tuchel
Slaven Bilic
Frank De Boer
Ronald Koeman
Laurent Blanc
Paul Clement
Alan Curbishley
Mark Warburton
Paulo di Canio
Oleg Blokhin
Mike Phelen
Simon Grayson
Gary Monk
Billy Davies
Paul Lambert
Scolari
Brian McDermott

Jeez, what a list. A man we've sacked twice, a fascist, a man with six wins in management and a man who hasn't had a job in management for 10 years seem the best highlights. :roll:

double d

by double d » 07 Jan 2018 19:43

Snowflake Royal
double d The list of good available managers is quite a good read. Most will not come but could also dream. There must be a few in here that can do a job:

Luis Enrique
Peter Bosz
Tomas Tuchel
Slaven Bilic
Frank De Boer
Ronald Koeman
Laurent Blanc
Paul Clement
Alan Curbishley
Mark Warburton
Paulo di Canio
Oleg Blokhin
Mike Phelen
Simon Grayson
Gary Monk
Billy Davies
Paul Lambert
Scolari
Brian McDermott

Jeez, what a list. A man we've sacked twice, a fascist, a man with six wins in management and a man who hasn't had a job in management for 10 years seem the best highlights. :roll:

Care to add any constructive actual input instead of doing your usual Ian?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2018 19:46

double d
Snowflake Royal

Luis Enrique
Peter Bosz
Tomas Tuchel
Slaven Bilic
Frank De Boer
Ronald Koeman
Laurent Blanc
Paul Clement
Alan Curbishley
Mark Warburton
Paulo di Canio
Oleg Blokhin
Mike Phelen
Simon Grayson
Gary Monk
Billy Davies
Paul Lambert
Scolari
Brian McDermott

You don't think it's constructive to help you stop making stupid suggestions?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 07 Jan 2018 19:48

double d There must be a few in here that can do a job:

Luis Enrique
Peter Bosz
Tomas Tuchel
Slaven Bilic
Frank De Boer
Ronald Koeman
Laurent Blanc
Paul Clement
Alan Curbishley
Mark Warburton
Paulo di Canio
Oleg Blokhin
Mike Phelen
Simon Grayson
Gary Monk
Billy Davies
Paul Lambert
Scolari
Brian McDermott

I could do a job. You could do a job. IanRoyal could do a job. Not a very good one, but still - a job.

I'd rather be managed by Royston Drenthe than some of the managers in that list. Might be catastrophic, but at least it might be fun.

Warburton maybe - but if fans hate Stam, they'd also hate him.

McDermott would need to be certfiably insane to come back here. If his brain was that far gone, he certainly wouldn't be able to manage once he got here.

Wouldn't mind Jokanović, Dean Smith, Eddie Howe. However, I dont' think it's right to poach another manager mid-season

double d

by double d » 07 Jan 2018 19:49

Snowflake Royal
double d
Snowflake Royal

You don't think it's constructive to help you stop making stupid suggestions?

They are not stupid suggestions at all. None of them. I just took a list of managers without a job. You are coming across quite strange and a bit dim lately Ian. I think the losing is getting you down.

double d

by double d » 07 Jan 2018 19:53

muirinho
double d There must be a few in here that can do a job:

Luis Enrique
Peter Bosz
Tomas Tuchel
Slaven Bilic
Frank De Boer
Ronald Koeman
Laurent Blanc
Paul Clement
Alan Curbishley
Mark Warburton
Paulo di Canio
Oleg Blokhin
Mike Phelen
Simon Grayson
Gary Monk
Billy Davies
Paul Lambert
Scolari
Brian McDermott

I could do a job. You could do a job. IanRoyal could do a job. Not a very good one, but still - a job.

I'd rather be managed by Royston Drenthe than some of the managers in that list. Might be catastrophic, but at least it might be fun.

Warburton maybe - but if fans hate Stam, they'd also hate him.

McDermott would need to be certfiably insane to come back here. If his brain was that far gone, he certainly wouldn't be able to manage once he got here.

Wouldn't mind Jokanović, Dean Smith, Eddie Howe. However, I dont' think it's right to poach another manager mid-season

Eddie Howe would not come here in a million years. Him and Burnley boss are 2 great managers.

And also, if we are worried about FFP and sacking Stam, no way would we sack him, pay him off and then poach another manager and pay compensation

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 07 Jan 2018 20:01

double d
Eddie Howe would not come here in a million years. Him and Burnley boss are 2 great managers.

And also, if we are worried about FFP and sacking Stam, no way would we sack him, pay him off and then poach another manager and pay compensation

Not arguing with either of those statements

I guess mainly I'm saying - when looking at the alternatives that might actually come to us, I'd rather stick with what we've got.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 08 Jan 2018 12:19

The easier question to answer would be who couldn't replace Stam.

It would certainly be the smaller list.

603 posts