Who could replace Stam?

603 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Who could replace Stam?

by paultheroyal » 05 Feb 2018 16:06

Pearson for the up and at em approach, Fight, battle and then LOL's.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Feb 2018 21:58

Antonio Conte.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 05 Feb 2018 22:02

linkenholtroyal
royalp-we It'll be Clement, Di Matteo or McClaren.

Although it seems Stam and his team won't be sacked until we lose another few yet.

Has anyone thought of Coleman took an impossible job at Sunderland maybe realises his mistake, I have always rated him from his Fulham days.

I hope you're not serious.

One87One

by One87One » 10 Feb 2018 19:38

I’d love Clement. I’d take Warburton. I’d even take Gilkes until the end of the season at this rate and then allow us to take our time to get the right man (and this time not allow Tevreden to have any influence in the appointment).

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Feb 2018 23:21

I think it may be a bit soon for him but the Lincoln manager Danny Cowley came over very well on the Football League Show this evening. Doing a cracking job there too.

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 10 Feb 2018 23:58

If they are not able to sack Stam the minimum they should do is insist that he works under a manager with experience of svoiding relegation

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 11 Feb 2018 12:17

Much as I loved watching Film set as a player, we haven't exactly set the world alight since he took over the Steven Reid role.

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 11 Feb 2018 12:18

For film set...read Gilksey!!....flippin predictive text!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Feb 2018 12:25

Forest Gump If they are not able to sack Stam the minimum they should do is insist that he works under a manager with experience of svoiding relegation

And give him a constructive dismissal claim? Whilst having two sets of hands steering the ship? Really!?

GazzTheSpaz

by GazzTheSpaz » 12 Feb 2018 10:56

I watched the game at the weekend and we would have been better off with midwives on the wing because our delivery was diabolical! We had energy and our midfield were scrapping hard but the final bit just wasn't there, perhaps if we'd had a more efficient attack then we would be able to tighten up at the back from time to time and wouldn't concede so easily.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Feb 2018 12:58

I'd still be pretty keen on Gary Monk to be honest.

Clement would be interesting too. I quite like what he's about but I'm not convinced he's a manager as opposed to very good coach or assistant.

Pearson or Parky would be fine by me too. Pearson is obviously a bit of a fruitcake but has a solid track record and Parky would just give this lot a kick up the arse and make us a bit more direct and aggressive which I think would make us a lot more entertaining to watch.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 12 Feb 2018 15:09

How do people rate Graham Murty's efforts?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 12 Feb 2018 16:06

they oxf*rd love him up there

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 12 Feb 2018 16:19

Id love murty to be readings next manager what a love story that would be and it would bring a lot of fans back

jar95

by jar95 » 12 Feb 2018 16:37

cant see stam getting the boot tbh, have had so many opportunities to, only thing left for him to do is to drop us into the bottom 3

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 12 Feb 2018 18:05

Hoop Blah I'd still be pretty keen on Gary Monk to be honest.

Monk is a decent shout, but he likes and expects a lot of fan support, thru thick and thin.

He had a lot of that at Swansea, and even more at Leeds, where he enjoyed huge universal fan backing, home and away. And all this, despite not even taking them to the playoffs.

But he then had less fan support at Boro, where he was quick to jump on it, and bring it up in the media, too. It was something new to him, he didn't understand it, and he didn't care for it at all.

Monk was backed fairly well financially at Leeds, and even more so at Boro. I believe he had a say in who was signed, and so they were his players. Despite this, he wasn't exactly well known for playing attractive and entertaining footy at either club.

Monk has been a decent manager, but I'm not sure how good a fit he would be here.

Warburton is cut from the same cloth in some respects too, I feel.

Just saying...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Feb 2018 08:00

If Stam goes would it not be wise to press the reset button and totally start again with a manager with little baggage and fresh ideas? Maybe take a risk on a League 1 or 2 up and coming manager with a history of promoting youth players? I know it is a real risk to do that but it cannot get much worse than it already is and we might find the next big thing in management.

double d

by double d » 13 Feb 2018 08:05

Old Man Andrews If Stam goes would it not be wise to press the reset button and totally start again with a manager with little baggage and fresh ideas? Maybe take a risk on a League 1 or 2 up and coming manager with a history of promoting youth players? I know it is a real risk to do that but it cannot get much worse than it already is and we might find the next big thing in management.

If they are the next big thing in management it wouldn't be with us they would go for

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Feb 2018 08:14

double d
Old Man Andrews If Stam goes would it not be wise to press the reset button and totally start again with a manager with little baggage and fresh ideas? Maybe take a risk on a League 1 or 2 up and coming manager with a history of promoting youth players? I know it is a real risk to do that but it cannot get much worse than it already is and we might find the next big thing in management.

If they are the next big thing in management it wouldn't be with us they would go for

Fairly sure a League 1 or 2 manager would be interested in the Reading job should it come up.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Feb 2018 09:45

Old Man Andrews Fairly sure a League 1 or 2 manager would be interested in the Reading job should it come up.

If Leeds can attract good and relatively established managers then you'd assume we'd still be an interesting prospect for any up and coming manager despite the instability and apathy that's set in over the last few years.

603 posts