Stam to be sacked?

141 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1076
Joined: 10 Aug 2011 10:44
Location: Y26

Stam to be sacked?

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Feb 2018 13:00

Looking like Stam is on the brink now

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Stam.html

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/04/po ... ding-sack/

If true, this represents total mismanagement at the board room. They let him bring 2 loanees in and the window just shut. They should have parted company after that Burton game.

Any replacement will have to work with what we have! Not that it should be hard keeping that squad up.

User avatar
strap
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3094
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 09:06
Location: Gainsford End

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by strap » 04 Feb 2018 13:10

Royal_jimmy wrote:Looking like Stam is on the brink now

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Stam.html

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/04/po ... ding-sack/

If true, this represents total mismanagement at the board room. They let him bring 2 loanees in and the window just shut. They should have parted company after that Burton game.

Any replacement will have to work with what we have! Not that it should be hard keeping that squad up.


Yeah but he's been on the brink before. Let us hope that common sense prevails at last and he's summariily dismissed for gross negligence and no pay-off. Image it - £3M for turning the club into an utter shambles. The man should be ashamed of himself.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3140
Joined: 13 Jul 2004 13:32

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by Royalwaster » 04 Feb 2018 13:24

Royal_jimmy wrote:Looking like Stam is on the brink now

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Stam.html

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/04/po ... ding-sack/

If true, this represents total mismanagement at the board room. They let him bring 2 loanees in and the window just shut. They should have parted company after that Burton game.

Any replacement will have to work with what we have! Not that it should be hard keeping that squad up.


But it's not as if the two loanees were not the type another manager might want in ...

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6043
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by CountryRoyal » 04 Feb 2018 13:26

It will be like Christmas!!

Which is ironic because it's when the pcunt should have been sacked at the latest by anyway.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1777
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by windermereROYAL » 04 Feb 2018 13:30

Three reports today saying something could be happening. J Low say news outlets are just copying the first report.


TiagoIlori
Member
Posts: 307
Joined: 31 Jul 2017 18:34

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by TiagoIlori » 04 Feb 2018 13:36

windermereROYAL wrote:Three reports today saying something could be happening. J Low say news outlets are just copying the first report.

He doesn’t know anything, every single reading related news since Charles Watts went was leaked by national media(occasionally local media eg. Wolves and Jon dadi). All our reporters just sit there waiting for a phone call from the media team

Elm Park Kid
Member
Posts: 707
Joined: 05 Feb 2013 11:45

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by Elm Park Kid » 04 Feb 2018 13:36

"It is understood that the home defeat against the Lions will spell the end for Stam"

=

"We read some posts on Hob Nob"

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 3805
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 23:24
Location: Relocation to Surrey completed

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Feb 2018 13:52

Ideally they should have given the new man some of the window at least, but in reality it will just be a case of keeping us up and starting again in the summer.

Is it time for Mick & Adi to get some dubbin on those old boots to help their mate Michael Gilkes see us through to May :P

If this is true (and I believe most of Japp's die hard fans have had enough now :| ) we should all be heaving a huge collective sigh of relief.

User avatar
Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1718
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 13:38
Location: In my bunker

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by Muskrat » 04 Feb 2018 13:58

Much as I am wanting this to be true I'd be dubious of anything that appears in a pathetic rag like the Daily Mail. Looks like lazy journalism and an easy story to hawk around to fill column inches which has then been regurgitated across the Internet.


Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 3805
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 23:24
Location: Relocation to Surrey completed

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Feb 2018 14:03

Yeah, I won't believe a word until it's in the mirror :roll:

User avatar
RG7Fan
Member
Posts: 814
Joined: 29 Dec 2013 20:04

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by RG7Fan » 04 Feb 2018 14:14

Muskrat wrote:Much as I am wanting this to be true I'd be dubious of anything that appears in a pathetic rag like the Daily Mail. Looks like lazy journalism and an easy story to hawk around to fill column inches which has then been regurgitated across the Internet.


First reported by a Sun journo if that helps ...

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3140
Joined: 13 Jul 2004 13:32

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by Royalwaster » 04 Feb 2018 14:18

RG7Fan wrote:
Muskrat wrote:Much as I am wanting this to be true I'd be dubious of anything that appears in a pathetic rag like the Daily Mail. Looks like lazy journalism and an easy story to hawk around to fill column inches which has then been regurgitated across the Internet.


First reported by a Sun journo if that helps ...


No the Sun journo just reported that training was cancelled.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4391
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Feb 2018 14:27

CountryRoyal wrote:It will be like Christmas!!

Which is ironic because it's when the pcunt should have been sacked at the latest by anyway.

He should have been sacked for losing two games subsequent to having taken us on our best run of the season?

As for the transfer window and royal-jimmy's moan, it's pretty clear we didnt have the money to do much and we have a DoF and scout team for bringing in players. It's increasingly clear the manager has less involvement in that than is ideal, but that's modern football.

We're not going to spend our way out of this and nor should we. It only stores up more problems. All we need is something to freshen us up to boost confidence, ideas, direction and hope.


User avatar
The Cap
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1002
Joined: 26 May 2008 18:22
Location: 'Avin a larf

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by The Cap » 04 Feb 2018 14:31

Spoke to a NOLU supporting mate last night. Said they had an enjoyable pre-match time in BOB's, and an even more enjoyable time at the ground, where we just love to shed the points. And, apparently, 'sacked in the morning' was part of their repertoire. Who knows? Do the owners, board, players etc actually look at this site? Or are we the silent minority?

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4391
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Feb 2018 14:34

The Cap wrote:Spoke to a NOLU supporting mate last night. Said they had an enjoyable pre-match time in BOB's, and an even more enjoyable time at the ground, where we just love to shed the points. And, apparently, 'sacked in the morning' was part of their repertoire. Who knows? Do the owners, board, players etc actually look at this site? Or are we the silent minority?

Christ, I hope not. I mean HNA appears to be better than Twitter or Facebook, but it's still a den of dribbling nonsense.

The Royal Forester
Member
Posts: 351
Joined: 25 Dec 2015 14:53

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by The Royal Forester » 04 Feb 2018 14:43

I have read both articles and it seems to me, to be pure speculation (as most newspaper articles of managers sacking/player transfers are) and no actual foundation to them. Just have to wait until I read "Stam sacked",or more likely the headline will be "A statement from the board" on the Reading FC website. Only then will I believe it.

Forest Gump
Member
Posts: 278
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 09:22

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by Forest Gump » 04 Feb 2018 15:49

Snowflake Royal wrote:
CountryRoyal wrote:It will be like Christmas!!

We're not going to spend our way out of this and nor should we. It only stores up more problems. All we need is something to freshen us up to boost confidence, ideas, direction and hope.




Exactly, a boost of all this needs a new manager and coaching team. Simple.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3140
Joined: 13 Jul 2004 13:32

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by Royalwaster » 04 Feb 2018 18:45

Isn't going to happen though. Dream on.

TiagoIlori
Member
Posts: 307
Joined: 31 Jul 2017 18:34

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by TiagoIlori » 04 Feb 2018 19:10

Still heard absolutely nothing. Reminds me of the Oliveira fiasco

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4099
Joined: 23 Nov 2005 01:55

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by Jackson Corner » 04 Feb 2018 19:22

Even if it’s true way to late. The damage has been done. No one can save us, such is the mess we are in. We will be relegated come May.

141 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

It is currently 17 Nov 2018 21:41