Hob Nob Legend

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Feb 2018 18:45

Jeez, calm down

Get Jaap to sort this sh1t out...

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 04 Feb 2018 19:18

Dutch media now reporting he hasn’t been sacked, almost like there’s no change in what’s happened. Fun whilst it lasted

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 04 Feb 2018 19:30

TiagoIlori Dutch media now reporting he hasn’t been sacked, almost like there’s no change in what’s happened. Fun whilst it lasted

Not being funny but how d'fuq would they know?

Berry

by Berry » 04 Feb 2018 19:34

Jackson Corner Even if it’s true way to late. The damage has been done. No one can save us, such is the mess we are in. We will be relegated come May.

We are doomed laddie.....

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 04 Feb 2018 19:39

Muskrat
TiagoIlori Dutch media now reporting he hasn’t been sacked, almost like there’s no change in what’s happened. Fun whilst it lasted

Not being funny but how d'fuq would they know?

Dutch media have an interest in Stam, and it’s quite obvious given the media attention we were given during our Dutch pre season trip. Dutch media also broke the news about Stam being in talks the Reading job and accurately said how the staff were in talks over a new contract(https://twitter.com/talkreading/status/ ... 8287204356). I’d happily believe them over the daily mail or the sun

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Feb 2018 19:58

Translated from Dutch ...badly

Reading Update: English news about announced resignation Jaap Stam is not correct. Selection did not train today, that's right, but was because of extra free days. clear that Reading (Weggezakt to 18th place) should start performing again

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 04 Feb 2018 20:11

I'm actually still on his side, though I must admit, it is getting hard to find enthusiasm. I like him as a bloke and you just know, he'll go to some league 1 club and in two years time, beat us in a championship playoff game.

I do enjoy cheering on the team when nearly everyone has left. Anyone turning up for the last 5 minutes on Saturday would have thought it was a league cup (or whatever it's called now) replay, so empty were the stands and uncaring the atmosphere.

Dark days, undoubtedly, but it feels horrible when everyone around me starts turning on the team. Yeah, they're playing crap and making below-average teams look good, but they're just blokes earning a living.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Feb 2018 20:37

"Lads you played really well today, you deserve the day off."

Another classic from Jaap Stam's book of "management".

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Feb 2018 20:44

CountryRoyal "Lads you played really well today, you deserve the day off."

How about, "lads, you are a oxf*rd shambles. Take a day, get your heads out your arses and then bring it so we can turn this round."

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 04 Feb 2018 20:59

Jap Stam had a dream to build a football team, he had no money so he had to sign them for free.
We are shit at the back, Score f...k all in attack.
Any day now, he should get the sack.

pwb

by pwb » 04 Feb 2018 22:17

What has Stam got to do, to get the sack? Leeds have sacked their manager tonight!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 04 Feb 2018 22:29

Has he gone yet?

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 04 Feb 2018 22:33

pwb What has Stam got to do, to get the sack? Leeds have sacked their manager tonight!

Don’t fret, Stam will be on his way to Leeds overnight. “Sorry I demanded £3m a season in the summer, i’ll take £2m a year and promise to get you out of this division in 3 years”

(Except Leeds are looking at an Englishman to take over).

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 04 Feb 2018 22:44

ILoveMoonPig Yeah, they're playing crap and making below-average teams look good, but they're just blokes earning a living.

Do you seriously feel the players are “earning” their multi-thousand pounds per week wages?!?! Because I for one certainly don’t!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Feb 2018 23:19

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal "Lads you played really well today, you deserve the day off."

How about, "lads, you are a oxf*rd shambles. Take a day, get your heads out your arses and then bring it so we can turn this round."

Nah, I like my version better. It fits my narrative more. Thanks for the input though Ian.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Feb 2018 23:33

strap
ILoveMoonPig Yeah, they're playing crap and making below-average teams look good, but they're just blokes earning a living.

Do you seriously feel the players are “earning” their multi-thousand pounds per week wages?!?! Because I for one certainly don’t!

Presumably you're consistently on top of your game when you turn up for work then, strap?

Or if you have a shit day, you come home and think "yeah, I didn't earn my money today. I'm glad my customers abused me"

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 05 Feb 2018 07:08

pwb What has Stam got to do, to get the sack? Leeds have sacked their manager tonight!

Maybe that is what we were waiting for, an opportunity for him to leave to go to a bigger club.... Leeds it is!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 05 Feb 2018 07:14

genome
strap

Presumably you're consistently on top of your game when you turn up for work then, strap?

Or if you have a shit day, you come home and think "yeah, I didn't earn my money today. I'm glad my customers abused me"

Actually I am consistently pretty good otherwise my clients wouldn’t reengage me. Somewhat different to being utter shite for 6 months and treating the paying customers with contempt. Everyone can have a bad day at the office. If you or I had a bad 6 months we’d be out in our ears with little or no compo. Or do you work in ‘public service’ and have no worries about being a total tool at work?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Feb 2018 07:44

Few rumours knocking around about Him still being on Leeds shortlist

Happy for it to stay this way just to piss of the Leeds fans for a while

And don’t think stam is going anywhere anytime soon. Not sure it’d be especially helpful at the moment and would be cheaper to sack in the summer and more chance of getting a decent replacement in. Wouldn’t be upset if he did get the boot though

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 05 Feb 2018 08:30

If we are serious about getting out the rut we are in. We should be looking at backroom staff, new training methods not just a replacement of JS. .I can see his training methods of just repetitive boring keep ball training drills. Players look so bored with it all. I personally have lost faith in him, I only want him to turn it around, not for his sake but for the club.
Also on a side note, if we are crap at keep ball possession tactics surely only training against ourselves is a lil counter productive???

141 posts