Stam to be sacked?

141 posts
TiagoIlori

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by TiagoIlori » 27 Feb 2018 15:21

Dutch media now reporting that he’s on a three man shortlist to take over Vitesse in the summer. Hope the players enjoy the uncertainty. oxf*rd hell.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 27 Feb 2018 15:32

TiagoIlori Dutch media now reporting that he’s on a three man shortlist to take over Vitesse in the summer. Hope the players enjoy the uncertainty. oxf*rd hell.

Can you post a picture to back this up?

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 27 Feb 2018 15:37

Tilehurstsouthbank
TiagoIlori Dutch media now reporting that he’s on a three man shortlist to take over Vitesse in the summer. Hope the players enjoy the uncertainty. oxf*rd hell.

Can you post a picture to back this up?

No idea how to upload photos from mobile but here’s the original source https://www.gelderlander.nl/vitesse/tra ... ~a2240fb9/

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Feb 2018 08:27

Google Translate Will there be a Russian at the helm or will an ex-international come over the floor?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Feb 2018 12:15

There are a couple of rumours knocking about around Stam moving to Dutch clubs

Tbh, think that would be best all round. Would presumably save us a big severance fee, and I don't think we'd fight too hard to keep him

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Feb 2018 12:18

It should be set in stone that if he leaves to join one of those clubs he has to take Joey Van Den Berg with him.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 28 Feb 2018 12:20

Old Man Andrews It should be set in stone that if he leaves to join one of those clubs he has to take Joey Van Den Berg with him.

The dream team.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Feb 2018 12:50

Hound There are a couple of rumours knocking about around Stam moving to Dutch clubs

Tbh, think that would be best all round. Would presumably save us a big severance fee, and I don't think we'd fight too hard to keep him

I hope the snow doesn't stop him from getting over there today.

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 28 Feb 2018 12:54

There’s been a lot of media wonkers at Arborfield this morning. Not seen them before. Somethings going on. Certainly not FBI or CIA. Praying Stam is leaving today. Save our club.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Feb 2018 12:54

leon
Hound There are a couple of rumours knocking about around Stam moving to Dutch clubs

I hope the snow doesn't stop him from getting over there today.

If enough of us club together with shovels we can clear a path. Whatever it takes!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Feb 2018 12:56

quickwingerswife There’s been a lot of media wonkers at Arborfield this morning. Not seen them before. Somethings going on. Certainly not FBI or CIA. Praying Stam is leaving today. Save our club.

chinny reckon

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Feb 2018 21:17

Dont worry folks, Stam will still be here at the start of next season

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 28 Feb 2018 21:20

Why do we have to have the only owners in modern football who aren't trigger happy.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Feb 2018 21:43

Wait and see

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Feb 2018 22:43

We have to wait for him to run down his contract and hope not too much damage is done.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Mar 2018 00:46

The guy is honest and decent. I think we all like him personally and wish him the best whatever happens, and thank him for last season.

I was very anti-Stam when it seemed people were still on the fence but now that the tide of opinion can clearly see he's struggling here and the owners know it so there's no point shouting about it and I'd welcome him staying till the first few games of the season and see what happens as no point getting rid of him now.

My only concern is in case he not bothered about this place anymore, has he given up and is he just eyeing up other clubs, and is this clear to the players...

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 01 Mar 2018 07:55

He'll be here until the end of the season now I reckon. He seems to have survived the utter clusterfukk that was the Sheffield game and if the owners were ever going to act it should have been directly after that game. The fact that they didn't and remained completely silent leads me due deduce that they're going to let this season play out whatever the consequences and deal with it in the summer. What form that might take heaven only knows as all options are still open. Personally I think we'll be relegated as I can't see where we're going to get many, if any points until the end of the season.

Then again I may be wrong and he could be gone today...... :|

Hatty9

by Hatty9 » 01 Mar 2018 08:10

Best case scenario and we some how stay up, What then?
Stan leaves by mutual consent and we get a new manager in realistically how much of an overhaul will there need to be in order to stop the same thing happening next season. I'm assuming there won't be loads of cash and I can't see many of the players we would want to see go getting us much money coming in. Do we then sell our couple of prize assets just to generate the money needed for the changes.
Will a new manager be able to make us a mid table team with what we already have? And if so is that what we would be happy with? I'd grab it now but when it happens that must be the most frustrating thing for a team in the championship to win one lose one and realise by January your season is over.
It's hard to see the perfect future happening with very little money and no obvious manager to take us forward and it seems to me that sooner or later without some sort of intervention relegation will happen.

massifheed

by massifheed » 01 Mar 2018 08:46

Muskrat The fact that they didn't and remained completely silent leads me due deduce that they're going to let this season play out whatever the consequences and deal with it in the summer.

This is how I see it. I would guess that to sack him is going to mean a hefty pay off, which the owners want to avoid. So I think the plan is to let it all happen, and if we stay up it's a bonus. And if we don't, I'm not all that sure they're bothered which tier we play at.

It's also clear Stam isn't happy, and his recent remarks in post match interviews regarding whether or not he'll be sacked indicate that he's accepted that it will happen at some point. I would think he's relatively content in the knowledge that he's not hard up anyway, and sacking will mean lump sum.

So rather than sacking him and having to pay for it, I wonder if the board/owners are hoping that he'll find his position unworkable, and will have had enough soon to the point that he'll quit, and cost them nothing.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 01 Mar 2018 09:25

Hatty9 Best case scenario and we some how stay up, What then?
Stan leaves by mutual consent and we get a new manager in realistically how much of an overhaul will there need to be in order to stop the same thing happening next season. I'm assuming there won't be loads of cash and I can't see many of the players we would want to see go getting us much money coming in. Do we then sell our couple of prize assets just to generate the money needed for the changes.
Will a new manager be able to make us a mid table team with what we already have? And if so is that what we would be happy with? I'd grab it now but when it happens that must be the most frustrating thing for a team in the championship to win one lose one and realise by January your season is over.
It's hard to see the perfect future happening with very little money and no obvious manager to take us forward and it seems to me that sooner or later without some sort of intervention relegation will happen.

I'm sure a new face could motivate these players.
I know they look shocking now, but many of these guys have played top flight football.
Stam is clearly the problem. Poor tactics isolate players and force them into mistakes. This affects confidence, Jaaps-eye can't motivate them to recover the lost confidence and on it goes.
The sooner he's gone the better.

141 posts