Stam to be sacked?

141 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Stam to be sacked?

by Hound » 05 Feb 2018 08:43

Coppells Lost Coat If we are serious about getting out the rut we are in. We should be looking at backroom staff, new training methods not just a replacement of JS. .I can see his training methods of just repetitive boring keep ball training drills. Players look so bored with it all. I personally have lost faith in him, I only want him to turn it around, not for his sake but for the club.
Also on a side note, if we are crap at keep ball possession tactics surely only training against ourselves is a lil counter productive???

very much this. I've mentioned a few times on the other threads

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Feb 2018 09:12

Hound
Coppells Lost Coat If we are serious about getting out the rut we are in. We should be looking at backroom staff, new training methods not just a replacement of JS. .I can see his training methods of just repetitive boring keep ball training drills. Players look so bored with it all. I personally have lost faith in him, I only want him to turn it around, not for his sake but for the club.
Also on a side note, if we are crap at keep ball possession tactics surely only training against ourselves is a lil counter productive???

very much this. I've mentioned a few times on the other threads

Agree 100%. We need to just press the reset button and start again and build slowly. There is no quick fix.

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 05 Feb 2018 09:16

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Feb 2018 09:18

strap
genome
strap
Do you seriously feel the players are “earning” their multi-thousand pounds per week wages?!?! Because I for one certainly don’t!

Presumably you're consistently on top of your game when you turn up for work then, strap?

Or if you have a shit day, you come home and think "yeah, I didn't earn my money today. I'm glad my customers abused me"

Actually I am consistently pretty good otherwise my clients wouldn’t reengage me. Somewhat different to being utter shite for 6 months and treating the paying customers with contempt. Everyone can have a bad day at the office. If you or I had a bad 6 months we’d be out in our ears with little or no compo. Or do you work in ‘public service’ and have no worries about being a total tool at work?

How has Blackett treated fans with contempt?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Feb 2018 09:41

Stuart McCall sacked at Bradford City - will today be sacking day?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Feb 2018 10:00

apparently Stam has already been sacked according to that website. Left last night.

Looks a bit dodgy though..not just because of the url

https://www.footballinsider247.com/__trashed/

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Feb 2018 10:07

Interestingly, the BBC are saying that Stam was interviewed for the Leeds job in the summer.

Our form collapsed after Clarke went to see Fulham... parallels?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Feb 2018 10:49

genome Interestingly, the BBC are saying that Stam was interviewed for the Leeds job in the summer.

Wouldn't surprise me. We aren't a big enough club to keep our manager and will probably always be a stepping stone :cry:

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 05 Feb 2018 11:31

genome
strap
genome
Presumably you're consistently on top of your game when you turn up for work then, strap?

Or if you have a shit day, you come home and think "yeah, I didn't earn my money today. I'm glad my customers abused me"

Actually I am consistently pretty good otherwise my clients wouldn’t reengage me. Somewhat different to being utter shite for 6 months and treating the paying customers with contempt. Everyone can have a bad day at the office. If you or I had a bad 6 months we’d be out in our ears with little or no compo. Or do you work in ‘public service’ and have no worries about being a total tool at work?

How has Blackett treated fans with contempt?

Apologies Genome, I think I have missed your point? Didn't think I said Blackett has treated the fans with contempt, well certainly didn't mean too - on the other, his performances have bordered on the contemptuous, or his he just utter pants?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 05 Feb 2018 12:10

John Smith
genome Interestingly, the BBC are saying that Stam was interviewed for the Leeds job in the summer.

Wouldn't surprise me. We aren't a big enough club to keep our manager and will probably always be a stepping stone :cry:

Yeah it would be terrible news if he left us for Leeds - would be guaranteed to snatch away a relegation spot from us!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Feb 2018 12:39

Instead of sacking Stam, he's going to be poached by one of the big "names" in the division?

Are we angry or are we happy - I'm confused now.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 05 Feb 2018 12:50

leon Instead of sacking Stam, he's going to be poached by one of the big "names" in the division?

been ruled out of the leeds job

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Feb 2018 13:02

Boooooooo...

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 05 Feb 2018 13:45

Theroyalbox
leon Instead of sacking Stam, he's going to be poached by one of the big "names" in the division?

Why?????????????? Don't they want to play Barcelona style football?

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 05 Feb 2018 14:02

Royalwaster
Theroyalbox

I cant give the exact reason just a reliable leeds man from the mirror tweeted it, I would've been surprised anyway not just because we are doing poorly this season but I think the leeds fans would lynch him for being a manc and arrogant and obnoxious and rude

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Feb 2018 14:03

Royalwaster
Theroyalbox

Do Barcelona have a walking football team?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 05 Feb 2018 14:04

No need to worry. If there was any interest from Leeds Gourlay would offer Stam a new improved contract, so that he can continue with his 3 year plan. Think the owners have muddled up the words Premiership and National.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 05 Feb 2018 15:19

McDermott did the same with Wolves the season we went up and actually signed a new deal. Works both ways

JIM

by JIM » 05 Feb 2018 16:31

WHEN WHEN WHEN
or is this another rumor
like all the transfer players we were going to interview

GazzTheSpaz

by GazzTheSpaz » 05 Feb 2018 16:33

From a manager's perspective you don't want to completely change things around if it doesn't work first time, Stam gave the passing style a good run, he tweaked a few things along the way but in the end couldn't get it to work, then he persisted with it for far too long, at which point it seemed he didn't have a Plan B and I would've been happy for him to be shown the door.

Having 2 up front has been much better to watch but we can't get on the end of a cross or shoot properly, which I don't think Stam is to blame for. It didn't help losing Elphick for Blackett at Millwall, seeing as Blackett was largely to blame for one of the goals. It might just be a case of too little too late, but at least it looks more attractive.

141 posts