Summer Transfers

567 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Summer Transfers

by Hound » 16 Jul 2018 10:58

Yep we are certainly trying to bin off Joey and let’s face it if anyone put in any sort of bid for Edwards he would go to

Evans is vaguely attractive to other clubs in a way which those two aren’t. You can only get sold if someone wants you

I expect with Joey we’ll end up paying some of his wages still - basically anything to get rid. Terrible decision to extend him last season

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Jul 2018 11:06

Hound I expect with Joey we’ll end up paying some of his wages still - basically anything to get rid. Terrible decision to extend him last season

Oh god I had forgotten we did that! What awful business that is. It is fairly clear when you look at the extension of both him and Yann that behind the scenes we are fairly clueless.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jul 2018 11:09

Old Man Andrews
Hound I expect with Joey we’ll end up paying some of his wages still - basically anything to get rid. Terrible decision to extend him last season

Oh god I had forgotten we did that! What awful business that is. It is fairly clear when you look at the extension of both him and Yann that behind the scenes we are fairly clueless.

I do think the Yann one was probably dependant on fitness. And tbf he was brilliant the season before. Joey and McShane were utterly baffling though. Its not like other teams would have been desperate to snap them up on a free at the end of the year. Think that even if we covered say 5k a week of Joey's estimated wages, that would wipe out the fee we are likely to receive for Evans :(

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Jul 2018 12:13

Hound
Old Man Andrews

I do think the Yann one was probably dependant on fitness. And tbf he was brilliant the season before. Joey and McShane were utterly baffling though. Its not like other teams would have been desperate to snap them up on a free at the end of the year. Think that even if we covered say 5k a week of Joey's estimated wages, that would wipe out the fee we are likely to receive for Evans :(

Who is responsible for those decisions? Tevreden? Not just one person?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jul 2018 12:23

dunno. Would assume some level of joint decision with Gourlay, BT and the manager.

Tommio

by Tommio » 16 Jul 2018 12:58

linkenholtroyal
Hound
John Smith What if...in the same way that Vydra, Grabban, even Piazon to an extent have gone on to be better elsewhere when used 'properly', Clement has an idea for a new system that gets the best out of Aluko. Afterall he was hardly a bad player at Fulham and Hull. One to ponder maybe.

its a fair point. I just don't see how you do 'use him properly'. I think he just isn't very good.

Some chap posted an analysis on here recently, and it pretty much showed stats wise that last season was by no means an outlier for him.

The real problem is what is he? He isn't a winger as he keeps coming inside, he certainly isn't a CM, he is too defensively weak to be a wide midfielder, and too small and weak to be a CF. A number 10? possibly, but I'd rather about 5 or 6 other players ahead of him in that position.

In terms of those other players, Piazon has done about the same, just in a better side, Grabban was obviously played out of position by Stam, and did ok as a CF when played there, and Vydra was clearly a good player, just his confidence completely went after missing a load of sitters

we have not tried him at wing back yet, others have excelled their when they were better suited earlier in there career as a winger (Young and Moses prime example)

would love to see tried even if it fails out of current team

----------------------------------Mannone
--------------Mcshane---------Moore------------ Llori

Yiadom-------------------------Meyler----------------------Aluko

---------------------------------Kelly/Swift

------------------------------------------------ Barrow
-----------------------------------Mcnulty

The fact you’re still calling Ilori, “Llori” just about sums up this idea.

Tommio

by Tommio » 16 Jul 2018 13:00

linkenholtroyal
Hound it'd be absolute carnage if the oppo had a decent right winger

If Obita was fit and back to his best, then it could work reasonably well. However, wouldn't play Swift and Kelly, and 2 midgets up front might not be the best targets for the 2 wing backs to aim for

It would mean Aluko would need to learn how to track back. it would also work better with a tall target man Baldock shaped would be nice

Baldock is 5”7, not a target man

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Jul 2018 13:17

We have just signed some Dutch boy that nobody has ever heard of.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 17 Jul 2018 13:21

Old Man Andrews We have just signed some Dutch boy that nobody has ever heard of.

Only goal in 3 games:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x672fbu

Not bad.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 17 Jul 2018 13:31

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome
Personally I would be offloading JVDB and Edwards before selling Evans, but no massive qualms about this. Talk Reading saying we rejected the bid, though.

We have been trying to offload JVDB though by all accounts. Who can blame other clubs for not wanting the bloke, utter liability.

Apparently some clubs want him but his wages are too high.

How much are we paying him!?

Exactly what I'm hearing, free transfers were agreed with a few clubs, but VDB wanted paid the difference in his Reading contract and the new contract. Reading also aren't prepared to subsidise too much of his wages for him to go on loan. Been told he will train with the u23s if he doesn't move before the end of the window

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Jul 2018 13:32

Old Man Andrews We have just signed some Dutch boy that nobody has ever heard of.

Sorry Modric was a little out of our price range.
Why the hell do we have to have heard of him all the time?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Jul 2018 13:33

gazzer, loyal royal
genome
Old Man Andrews
We have been trying to offload JVDB though by all accounts. Who can blame other clubs for not wanting the bloke, utter liability.

Exactly what I'm hearing, free transfers were agreed with a few clubs, but VDB wanted paid the difference in his Reading contract and the new contract. Reading also aren't prepared to subsidise too much of his wages for him to go on loan. Been told he will train with the u23s if he doesn't move before the end of the window

Jesus. We don't want the Under 23's being brought down to his leve. Hope the club can get rid completely.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Jul 2018 13:34

windermereROYAL

Sorry Modric was a little out of our price range.
Why the hell do we have to have heard of him all the time?

Who said you had to have to of heard of him? It is a fact, nobody has heard of him. Wind your neck in.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Jul 2018 14:12

gazzer, loyal royal Exactly what I'm hearing, free transfers were agreed with a few clubs, but VDB wanted paid the difference in his Reading contract and the new contract. Reading also aren't prepared to subsidise too much of his wages for him to go on loan. Been told he will train with the u23s if he doesn't move before the end of the window

And exactly how are you hearing things that no one else is?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Jul 2018 14:20

UpThePrem

Only goal in 3 games:

Not bad.

Notably wearing a captain's armband..

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 17 Jul 2018 15:45

gazzer, loyal royal
genome
Old Man Andrews

That's a bit harsh on the U23's...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Jul 2018 18:01

NewCorkSeth
UpThePrem

Only goal in 3 games:

Not bad.

And the No 3 shirt.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Jul 2018 18:02

From Despair To Where?
NewCorkSeth
UpThePrem
Only goal in 3 games:

Not bad.

And the No 3 shirt.

:?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jul 2018 18:53

John Smith
gazzer, loyal royal Exactly what I'm hearing, free transfers were agreed with a few clubs, but VDB wanted paid the difference in his Reading contract and the new contract. Reading also aren't prepared to subsidise too much of his wages for him to go on loan. Been told he will train with the u23s if he doesn't move before the end of the window

And exactly how are you hearing things that no one else is?

Gazzer's got a history of being connected and not being a twatty wum.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Jul 2018 09:19

Anyone else noticed how much @ReadingFC have been bigging up Meite? Won't be long before PC tells us he's like a new signing.

567 posts