by genome » 03 Jul 2018 09:58

'greed on that.

savage 4 england

Re: Summer Transfers

by savage 4 england » 03 Jul 2018 10:29

Old Man Andrews
Hound
maffff
or not. New 2 year deal signed. Great news.

nice, that is good.

Makes the decision to give Jaakkola a new deal a bit odd. Would much rather one of the younger guys were the number 2, Jaakkola is a waste of a few grand a week.

I would rather he went out on loan. That's worked for the likes of Federici, Hamer and McCarthy in the past.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Jul 2018 12:17

I suppose realistically if Mannone got injured for any length of time, you'd not want to shove Southwood straight in. But I really hope he will be looked at as at least backup for next season

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jul 2018 13:01

I'd be happy to give Jaakkola a second chance in a system that doesn't expose him horribly and require him to be a skillful short passer and controller of the ball.

He just always looked really uncomfortable and nervous with it. Which natually leads to poor performance and errors.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jul 2018 13:04

Snowflake Royal I'd be happy to give Jaakkola a second chance in a system that doesn't expose him horribly and require him to be a skillful short passer and controller of the ball.

He just always looked really uncomfortable and nervous with it. Which natually leads to poor performance and errors.

The fact he is about 6'5 and couldn't catch a cross didn't help much either tbh.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Jul 2018 14:33

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal I'd be happy to give Jaakkola a second chance in a system that doesn't expose him horribly and require him to be a skillful short passer and controller of the ball.

The fact he is about 6'5 and couldn't catch a cross didn't help much either tbh.

Also the fact he plays like a CB who has been shoved into goal due to a red card doesn't help.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Jul 2018 15:08

Interesting I think that it sounds like we've missed out on Maddison, won't pay 1m for McNulty, and also Roker Report reckons we 'can't afford Kone'. Plus our only signings have been free transfers

As we haven't just cashed in on Moore (yet) assuming we aren't too hard up. But does seem we are being a bit more frugal than last year at the very least (the horrific Aluko fee continues to make me, and no doubt every other Reading fan, wince)

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Jul 2018 16:41

Hound I suppose realistically if Mannone got injured for any length of time, you'd not want to shove Southwood straight in. But I really hope he will be looked at as at least backup for next season

would love for him to go on loan till Christmas at L1/L2 level - and then, assuming the loan went well, become the backup.

Too risky I think to put him straight in there - but we'll see. Delighted he's signed a contract either way.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Jul 2018 17:40

Hound Interesting I think that it sounds like we've missed out on Maddison, won't pay 1m for McNulty, and also Roker Report reckons we 'can't afford Kone'. Plus our only signings have been free transfers

As we haven't just cashed in on Moore (yet) assuming we aren't too hard up. But does seem we are being a bit more frugal than last year at the very least (the horrific Aluko fee continues to make me, and no doubt every other Reading fan, wince)

Yes I said something about this a few days ago. Our owners must have felt they received very poor value on their investments last season and it looks like Clement is working within a very restricted budget compared to what Stam received last summer.Strikers are costly chaps though so I suspect we will need to sell Moore before we see a really significant outlay upfront. I still think Moore is odds onto leave and if he is to depart it needs to be soon.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 04 Jul 2018 11:17

I'm hoping that clement is just keeping as much of his budget as he can for the all important striker.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jul 2018 11:26

apparently we have an interest in Harry Wilson

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... r-14869164

can't see this happening though, as sounds like we would have to guarantee playing time (at the expense of Barrow or Aluko).

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Jul 2018 12:40

Hound apparently we have an interest in Harry Wilson

can't see this happening though, as sounds like we would have to guarantee playing time (at the expense of Barrow or Aluko).

Harry Wilson is the guy who is supposed to be their next big thing right?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jul 2018 12:44

Ok, excellent.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Jul 2018 12:57

Old Man Andrews

Ok, excellent.

lol.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jul 2018 13:31

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

Ok, excellent.

lol.

well of course it would be excellent and would love to see it

Just not sure that PC would get it past Gourlay and co, that their record signing isn't going to be a first teamer this year

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jul 2018 18:03

Big Danzell loaned out for the season

How did he ever get a game for us? Genuinely awful

Unbelievable to think he was on the bench for the PO semi

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Jul 2018 18:09

Hound Big Danzell loaned out for the season

oxf*rd hell he’s had a stressful time over in Belgium.

His hair line disappeared faster than Germany’s World Cup hopes.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Jul 2018 18:17

Hound Big Danzell loaned out for the season

Anyone know where he’s going to?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jul 2018 18:23

Roselare again. And yep noted the hairline. Looks even less a footballer if that was possible

Elmparkoid

by Elmparkoid » 09 Jul 2018 19:55

If you look at our squad and transfers so far, the words that come to mind are - 'seriously underwhelming'. We're into pre-season, are still lacking good players in several crucial positions and much of the deadwood in the squad appear to going no-where. Changing the Manager is one thing, perhaps a change in other areas is required.

567 posts