Summer Transfers

567 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Summer Transfers

by leon » 11 May 2018 10:40

John Smith
leon
John Smith Jesus. Imagine if those are our striking options next season. Almost makes me wish we still had Dominic Samuel.

Absolutely tragic.

But no chance of us being in a relegation fight, right?

I'm really not sure of what point you're trying to make, Leon. On the Channel 5 highlights programme on the last day, Reading weren't one of the teams included in the battle for survival feature. Either that makes Channel 5 liars or you have a difference of opinion. Regardless of that there is one fact that no one can argue with and that is that you are not a supporter of this club.

:lol:

You're genuinely odd.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 May 2018 07:20

Enis Bardhi from Levante looks class. Attacking midfielder from Macedonia with 9 goals in his debut La Liga season. Not sure why he’d come here, but the same can be said for anyone mildly decent.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 May 2018 13:44

bit of chatter about some winger from Ireland, Ronan Curtis, interesting us. Know nothing about him

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 15 May 2018 17:20

Hound bit of chatter about some winger from Ireland, Ronan Curtis, interesting us. Know nothing about him

Plays as a striker for Derry City, rather than a winger. Born in London and fancies playing in England, so he's forcing a move. But it's Portsmouth the deal is agreed with, sounds like we're just letting his agent know he can come talk to us if he takes a look at Portsmouth (happening today apparently) and doesn't rate them. But it's almost certain he'll go to Portsmouth.

Stats are a bit hard to come by, unless I fancied wading through game reports. He's scored 7 this season - that's since January - 16 or 17 league games by now, and a few cup games as well - but I don't know how many of those games he's actually featured in. Third highest scorer in the league (4), so probably not first choice.

http://leagueofireland.ie/index.php/201 ... -complete/

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 15 May 2018 20:28

I know there palace players but, bakary sako and James McCarther are both out of contract this summer. Would both be great in positions we need to fill.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 18 May 2018 13:59

Derby seem to have confirmed that Chris Martin has gone back with their retained list. Baird, Shackell and Bent all released, not sure I’d take any of them though

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 May 2018 14:03

Rowett was suggesting they’d need to balance the books this summer so I reckon he’d be desperate to offload wasters like Martin

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 May 2018 15:01

Hound Rowett was suggesting they’d need to balance the books this summer so I reckon he’d be desperate to offload wasters like Martin

I imagine the players he wants to keep are the only ones anyone will want to pay for...
Wisdom, Lawrence and Thorne come to mind.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 May 2018 11:20

Everyone's favourite transfer breaker Courtney Friday suggesting that Wycombe are after Danny Loader on loan for next year. Might be a good idea

Also that we are interested in Adam Hammill from Barnsley on a free

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 May 2018 11:21

Hound Everyone's favourite transfer breaker Courtney Friday suggesting that Wycombe are after Danny Loader on loan for next year. Might be a good idea

Think it was HNA's very own mafff that broke that one.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 May 2018 11:24

Hound Everyone's favourite transfer breaker Courtney Friday suggesting that Wycombe are after Danny Loader on loan for next year. Might be a good idea

Friday has his finger on the pulse at all times. He is well respected by players and supporters alike. Wasted in the local media.

Edit: I feel it necessary to point out that the above post is riddled with sarcasm. Friday is a complete goon.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 21 May 2018 11:27, edited 1 time in total.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 May 2018 11:24

Darragh MacAnthony has apparently gone on twitter saying that we have bid for Marcus Maddison.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 May 2018 11:25

Old Man Andrews

Friday has his finger on the pulse at all times. He is well respected by players and supporters alike. Wasted in the local media.

Hi Courtney!

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 21 May 2018 11:26

Old Man Andrews

Good one.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 May 2018 11:32

Hound Also that we are interested in Adam Hammill from Barnsley on a free

If we get him and Bradshaw on top of Yiadom, then we might as well change our name to Barnsley South

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 May 2018 11:36

Hendo
Old Man Andrews

Hi Courtney!

no, he's Kes.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 May 2018 11:41

genome
Hound Also that we are interested in Adam Hammill from Barnsley on a free

If we get him and Bradshaw on top of Yiadom, then we might as well change our name to Barnsley South

South Yorkshire Reds.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 May 2018 11:44

can't find where he has this info from, as everything Ive seen suggested Hammill was going to Perth.

Seems very popular at Barnsley anyway, scored some great goals for them

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 May 2018 14:46

Old Man Andrews

Edit: I feel it necessary to point out that the above post is riddled with sarcasm. Friday is a complete goon.

I am glad you edited this.

Courtney Friday is a bell end of the highest order. Being in his company for 5 minutes you will feel the wave and stench of sleazy, arrogant and fake personality coming all over you.

Apart from that I am sure he is a decent chap and a nice family.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 May 2018 14:50

paultheroyal Courtney Friday is a bell end of the highest order. Being in his company for 5 minutes you will feel the wave and stench of sleazy, arrogant and fake personality coming all over you.

Bad experience, Paul?

567 posts