Re: Summer Transfers

by Zip » 09 Jul 2018 20:22

Hound
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
Ok, excellent.

lol.

well of course it would be excellent and would love to see it

Just not sure that PC would get it past Gourlay and co, that their record signing isn't going to be a first teamer this year

Wilson would walk into our side. He is a real talent as he showed at Hull and for Wales this year.
Would love to have him at Reading but we are one of many clubs after him.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Jul 2018 21:42

Zip
Hound
NewCorkSeth lol.

Just not sure that PC would get it past Gourlay and co, that their record signing isn't going to be a first teamer this year

Wilson would walk into our side. He is a real talent as he showed at Hull and for Wales this year.

Is that the lad with the outrageous long shots? Yes please.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jul 2018 22:03

CountryRoyal
Zip
Hound

He strikes the ball superbly. He scored 7 and had 3 assists in 11 appearances for Hull at the back end of last season. He would start ahead of Aluko.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Jul 2018 22:10

Zip
CountryRoyal
Zip

He would start ahead of Aluko.

Most players would tbf.

Roes

by Roes » 09 Jul 2018 23:09

Yeagh, I already posted Danzell was training in Roeselare 2 weeks ago. But I still didn't receive a message of the post was approved. :S

I wouldn't underestimate him. When he came to Roeselare last season, he wasn't in theorie best shape. But by the end of the season, he showed some good things. I'm curious how he'll do now he van start the season in good shape.

yuomi

by yuomi » 10 Jul 2018 08:21

Elmparkoid If you look at our squad and transfers so far, the words that come to mind are - 'seriously underwhelming'. We're into pre-season, are still lacking good players in several crucial positions and much of the deadwood in the squad appear to going no-where. Changing the Manager is one thing, perhaps a change in other areas is required.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-championship-every-transfer-14689396

This sums it up pretty well. The WC obviously trumps a lot of transfer news and things like Forest going full Wolves seem to have flown under the radar. It's not too late, but given how other teams have leapt out of the gate i'd prefer us to be further on than a couple of frees and a largely unproven striker from L1. The longer our glaring deficiencies go on, the more expensive it's going to sort them as the window shuts. And we very clearly don't have a huge budget to play with.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 10 Jul 2018 10:38

oxf*rd me Big Danzell looks as big as a house in that second photo! Scratch that; he looks like he's eaten the house! :lol:

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Jul 2018 14:41

Watson going out on loan to Wimbledon

https://twitter.com/AFCWimbledon/status ... 0119643137

Needs first team experience, seems like good move

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jul 2018 14:44

muirinho Watson going out on loan to Wimbledon

https://twitter.com/AFCWimbledon/status ... 0119643137

Needs first team experience, seems like good move

yep absolutely the right move, and well done for getting a Div1 club. Hope he does well and stays fit

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Jul 2018 14:45

He needs to prove himself, good that he is getting game time. Fear he might end up not making the grade but time will tell.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jul 2018 14:58

Good move I reckon. Hope he stays for and gets plenty of minutes. Who else should we expect out on loan?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Jul 2018 14:59

NewCorkSeth Good move I reckon. Hope he stays for and gets plenty of minutes. Who else should we expect out on loan?

Danny Loader, I reckon

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jul 2018 15:02

sure Sam Smith will go on loan if we get someone else in

Rinomhota is also a good bet

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jul 2018 15:05

Hound sure Sam Smith will go on loan if we get someone else in

We have a fair amount of prospects available for loan.. presume Southwood, Holmes and Richards could be loaned out too?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Jul 2018 15:17

NewCorkSeth

We have a fair amount of prospects available for loan.. presume Southwood, Holmes and Richards could be loaned out too?

Bit risky loaning out Richards right now, especially if Blackett goes. We'd only have 3 full backs, one of which isn't fully fit yet

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jul 2018 15:24

muirinho
NewCorkSeth

Bit risky loaning out Richards right now, especially if Blackett goes. We'd only have 3 full backs, one of which isn't fully fit yet

True but Gunter has never been injured iirc so we are always guaranteed to have at least 1...

And Bacuna I guess?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Jul 2018 15:30

NewCorkSeth
muirinho
NewCorkSeth We have a fair amount of prospects available for loan.. presume Southwood, Holmes and Richards could be loaned out too?

True but Gunter has never been injured iirc so we are always guaranteed to have at least 1...

And Bacuna I guess?

Forgot Bacuna, that's true. Could send Richards out at Christmas once Obita is back fit.

Maybe tho, my opinion is biased because I'm desperately hoping Blackett get sent somewhere else. Far away.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jul 2018 15:40

muirinho
NewCorkSeth
muirinho

And Bacuna I guess?

Forgot Bacuna, that's true. Could send Richards out at Christmas once Obita is back fit.

Maybe tho, my opinion is biased because I'm desperately hoping Blackett get sent somewhere else. Far away.

I have no issue with keeping Blackett as at least he can cover for when 1 or both of McShane and O'Shea get injured.
I'm far more concerned about our quantity of CMs and their perceived lack of quality.
JVDB, Evans, Swift, Edwards, Bacuna, Clement, Meyler and Kelly are not all going to play surely so I would hope 2 would be looking to move on (preferably JVDB and Edwards)

Also our list of wingers is sad to look at..

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Jul 2018 17:11

NewCorkSeth
muirinho
NewCorkSeth True but Gunter has never been injured iirc so we are always guaranteed to have at least 1...

And Bacuna I guess?

I have no issue with keeping Blackett as at least he can cover for when 1 or both of McShane and O'Shea get injured.
I'm far more concerned about our quantity of CMs and their perceived lack of quality.
JVDB, Evans, Swift, Edwards, Bacuna, Clement, Meyler and Kelly are not all going to play surely so I would hope 2 would be looking to move on (preferably JVDB and Edwards)

Also our list of wingers is sad to look at..

We are heavily overloaded with central midfielders. I would prefer JVDB and Evans to be offloaded as Edwards does chip in with a few goals.
We must not loan Smith out until we have another striker in otherwise we could start succcessive seasons very light in this crucial area.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jul 2018 17:38

Think our wing options look useful - Barrow plus one of Meite, Popa or Harriott.

I honestly think as long as we have a decent striker lined up we look in pretty good shape and have options in all positions.

567 posts