Rumour - Mason Mount

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Rumour - Mason Mount

by Sutekh » 11 May 2018 14:11

The Chronicle says Reading are on the trail of Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount with a view to a season long loan for the 19 year old.

Mason spent last season on loan to Vitesse Arnhem and did quite well apparently. He has also attracted a lot of interest from other clubs across Europe.

TiagoIlori

Re: Rumour - Mason Mount

by TiagoIlori » 13 May 2018 14:05

Very much doubt he’d come to us. Ajax, Sporting and clubs of a similar stature are after him apparently

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 13 May 2018 22:09

We'd be better off signing 'the Turkish messi' on a permanent imo

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 13 May 2018 23:30

TiagoIlori Very much doubt he’d come to us. Ajax, Sporting and clubs of a similar stature are after him apparently

Surely we'd be a good fit as he'd get first team experience in a physical league

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 14 May 2018 22:19

Royal_jimmy
TiagoIlori Very much doubt he’d come to us. Ajax, Sporting and clubs of a similar stature are after him apparently

Surely we'd be a good fit as he'd get first team experience in a physical league

Yeah likewise, I'm he would prefer to play for the team that finished 20th in the championship instead of playing for teams in European competition and finished 2nd and 3rd in their respective leagues.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 14 May 2018 22:48

royalp-we
Royal_jimmy

Yeah likewise, I'm he would prefer to play for the team that finished 20th in the championship instead of playing for teams in European competition and finished 2nd and 3rd in their respective leagues.

It's up to the club what loan bids they accept, if he get's a choice it will only be between clubs they've agreed terms with.

So, it would depend on what clubs (and what managers) the parent club think would be most helpful in developing their player. Not what the player himself fancies.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 15 May 2018 01:18

muirinho
royalp-we
Royal_jimmy

It's up to the club what loan bids they accept, if he get's a choice it will only be between clubs they've agreed terms with.

So, it would depend on what clubs (and what managers) the parent club think would be most helpful in developing their player. Not what the player himself fancies.

He was one of the best players in the Netherlands last year, there’s no doubt to whether he’d get regular first team football at Ajax at least. Yes it will ultimately come down to the club’s choice but let’s be realistic, they’d prefer he went to a big one

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 15 May 2018 07:18

muirinho
royalp-we
Royal_jimmy

I know it's the parent clubs decision as to what offer they accept. That's kind of my point.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 15 May 2018 08:26

royalp-we
muirinho
royalp-we

I know it's the parent clubs decision as to what offer they accept. That's kind of my point.

Not necessarily true, look at what Big Sam said of Lookmans loan move to Leipzig. If the player gets the choice he can go to which ever club he chooses, a club cannot force a player to join against his wishes.
However agree that unless Mount really wants to come here and join up with some old Chelsea faces, I cannot see us being more appealing than established european teams.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 May 2018 08:58

Coppells Lost Coat
royalp-we
muirinho

Not necessarily true, look at what Big Sam said of Lookmans loan move to Leipzig. If the player gets the choice he can go to which ever club he chooses, a club cannot force a player to join against his wishes.
However agree that unless Mount really wants to come here and join up with some old Chelsea faces, I cannot see us being more appealing than established european teams.

We aren't more appealing than Wycombe at this point in time let alone established European teams.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 May 2018 09:40

Old Man Andrews We aren't more appealing than Wycombe at this point in time let alone established European teams.

I'm pretty sure we're a more appealing prospect than Wycombe.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 May 2018 09:50

genome
Old Man Andrews We aren't more appealing than Wycombe at this point in time let alone established European teams.

Cheers Captain Literal.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 May 2018 09:52

Old Man Andrews
genome

Cheers Captain Literal.

No problem :D

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 May 2018 09:54

To be fair to Wycombe they are a lovely little club, I shouldn't knock them. I think if Reading ever folded they would be my go to club.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 May 2018 12:54

Old Man Andrews To be fair to Wycombe they are a lovely little club, I shouldn't knock them. I think if Reading ever folded they would be my go to club.

I think I would give up on english football if that happened. Become a true football hipster and support some 3rd division Italian team.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 15 May 2018 16:51

Coppells Lost Coat
royalp-we
muirinho

My point was - the clubs the player gets to choose between for a loan spell, are controlled by the club.

so, if chelsea in their wisdom decide he'd be better off staying in England, so he could experience a different type of football than what he gets this season, Mount will be offered loans at whichever English clubs Chelsea thinks are suitable (and are interested). And, horrible as we are and all, if he's offered a choice between us, Stoke, Hull and West Brom, he might fancy staying close to London.

Or, they might decide he should go to Italy or Spain. Or stay in the Netherlands. Or he should go to a mid/bottom-ranking PL club, like Huddersfield. Who knows.

What the lad can't do is demand that Chelsea accept loan offers for him from clubs that he fancies himself.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 May 2018 17:23

muirinho
Coppells Lost Coat
royalp-we

My point was - the clubs the player gets to choose between for a loan spell, are controlled by the club.

so, if chelsea in their wisdom decide he'd be better off staying in England, so he could experience a different type of football than what he gets this season, Mount will be offered loans at whichever English clubs Chelsea thinks are suitable (and are interested). And, horrible as we are and all, if he's offered a choice between us, Stoke, Hull and West Brom, he might fancy staying close to London.

Or, they might decide he should go to Italy or Spain. Or stay in the Netherlands. Or he should go to a mid/bottom-ranking PL club, like Huddersfield. Who knows.

What the lad can't do is demand that Chelsea accept loan offers for him from clubs that he fancies himself.

Good point that, might also work in our favour as if he's had a season on the continent Chelsea might see him getting a loan at a decent level in the English league system as the next step.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 16 May 2018 22:45

Sutekh
muirinho
Coppells Lost Coat

Good point that, might also work in our favour as if he's had a season on the continent Chelsea might see him getting a loan at a decent level in the English league system as the next step.

Yeah, or Fulham

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 17 May 2018 10:27

royalp-we
Sutekh
muirinho

Yeah, or Fulham

Can't see Chelsea loaning to a bigger club, who they are going to be competing with for European football, wouldn't make sense for them.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 18 May 2018 22:55

He will be training with the England team for a bit around the World Cup after Southgate praised him according to reports. Assuming this is true, if you think he’d go down to the championship then it’s simply creating false hope for yourselves.