Liam Moore to Brighton

489 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Liam Moore to Brighton

by leon » 09 Aug 2018 18:08

Top Flight Moore is an absolute star. The ultimate professional.

Good on you Moore for being happy to stay on and continue to shine for us. You will get your dream. You will play in the Premier League. We would all love it if you can achieve that with the Royals. Now, lets smash Forest on Saturday and after a very promising start at home to Derby confidence will be sky high.

Are you high?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Aug 2018 18:10

Well done to Moore for learning Mandarin so quickly and speaking to the owners.

Perhaps he could have put his little transfer request in when the bid came in rather than wait three weekd and disrupting our preparations so close to the beginning of the new season.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 09 Aug 2018 18:26

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Aug 2018 18:28

sandman Well done to Moore for learning Mandarin so quickly and speaking to the owners.

Perhaps he could have put his little transfer request in when the bid came in rather than wait three weekd and disrupting our preparations so close to the beginning of the new season.

How do we know that he didn’t do exactly that, and it was only leaked to the press a few weeks later?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Aug 2018 19:07

The assumption that the Chinese owners can only speak Mandarin makes that my favourite post of the day I think

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Aug 2018 19:11

Hound The assumption that the Chinese owners can only speak Mandarin makes that my favourite post of the day I think

Oh, come on, it's not like one of them has British citizenship, was married to an Englishman, lived in Croydon for the past 25 years and 6 years ago was featured in a Daily Mail article about self made British female billionaires, is it?
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 09 Aug 2018 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 09 Aug 2018 19:13

CountryRoyal
royal_rumble
Mid Sussex Royal
Agree - he would have been 4th choice. The Dunk/Duffey partnership is well established over 2 seasons and probably the main reason BHA stayed up comfortably.

Which begs the question, how little regard does he hold Reading in if he fancies going to Brighton to be in all likelihood a 3rd / 4th choice center back.

No, it really doesn’t. You guys in are in cloud cuckoo land. His thinking I have no doubt would be that he would be able to impress and fight his way into the starting line up worst case scenario taking advantage of an injury or suspension.

He’d have more chance of playing in the premier league like that than he would with us for the foreseeable future.

Wasn't that why he left Leicester? Didn't want to stay and fight his way into the first team?

I'm struggling to see how people think Liam Moore comes out of this looking good. Had to make that statement, otherwise the fans would have turned.

Bottom line is his head was turned at the first sign of interest from a club at a higher level. Speaks volumes really.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Aug 2018 19:20

When he left Leicester, they were the reigning Premier League champions and wanted to farm him out on loan deals in the Championship. At the time he felt his career was best served by moving permenantly and establishing himself that way.

He quite reasonable outlined his position to Leicester fans on Twitter. This appears to be no different. He stated that the club received what he considered a reasonable offer and felt that he deserved the chance to give it a go. Now that that offer has gone, he's rebuilding bridges and is looking to knuckle down again. I don't see how it's unreasonable.

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 09 Aug 2018 19:27

Moore. Hypocrite. I don’t want to see him selected ever again. Loan him out to Leeds.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Aug 2018 19:29

From Despair To Where? When he left Leicester, they were the reigning Premier League champions and wanted to farm him out on loan deals in the Championship. At the time he felt his career was best served by moving permenantly and establishing himself that way.

He quite reasonable outlined his position to Leicester fans on Twitter. This appears to be no different. He stated that the club received what he considered a reasonable offer and felt that he deserved the chance to give it a go. Now that that offer has gone, he's rebuilding bridges and is looking to knuckle down again. I don't see how it's unreasonable.

Yeah, he's two years older, miles further away from getting to the PL with Reading than he'd have hoped and there was interest in a PL club who wanted to pay substantial money to bring him into their first team squad rather than loan him out to maybe bring him into their squad a year or two down the line. Completely different to the scenario when he left Leicester.

I've said all along he'd be mad not to look to move given he's certainly not going to be playing in the PL next season with us, which means he's going to have to move to do it any time soon. But, the owners aren't interested, he's given it his best shot to get a move. So now he's just got to get on with things and hope that someone will want to test the owners' resolve further next window, or the one after. I doubt very much that he has anything against the club or his teammates, just a bit of frustration at the owners, hopefully tempered by their enthusiasm for taking the club forward.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Aug 2018 19:33

Snowflake Royal
From Despair To Where? When he left Leicester, they were the reigning Premier League champions and wanted to farm him out on loan deals in the Championship. At the time he felt his career was best served by moving permenantly and establishing himself that way.

Yeah, he's two years older, miles further away from getting to the PL with Reading than he'd have hoped and there was interest in a PL club who wanted to pay substantial money to bring him into their first team squad rather than loan him out to maybe bring him into their squad a year or two down the line. Completely different to the scenario when he left Leicester.

I've said all along he'd be mad not to look to move given he's certainly not going to be playing in the PL next season with us, which means he's going to have to move to do it any time soon. But, the owners aren't interested, he's given it his best shot to get a move. So now he's just got to get on with things and hope that someone will want to test the owners' resolve further next window, or the one after. I doubt very much that he has anything against the club or his teammates, just a bit of frustration at the owners, hopefully tempered by their enthusiasm for taking the club forward.
and (to speak the bleedin’ obvious) he just needs to show that he is a Premiership player playing in the Championship....and that will mean improving on last season

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Aug 2018 19:54

Some of the Brighton fans are a bit sour on NSC.

"Translation “Brighton lost interest, I need to back peddle now”"
"Translation = I wanted to move, still do. I hate the owner, preventing me from progressing my career, both from a footballing perspective and financially. The fans will hate me for this, so I'll put out a statement (in passable English) to appease them"
"You can concentrate on you forthcoming relegation battle now!"
"I don't mind that we're not signing Liam Moore, their relegation with him in the side will make me very happy."
*some links to that song and that premature pitch invasion that we barely even think about but they're obsessed with*
"They should get him to sing and video an updated version of that tinpot song as a show of loyalty "

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Aug 2018 20:16

genome
sandman Well done to Moore for learning Mandarin so quickly and speaking to the owners.

How do we know that he didn’t do exactly that, and it was only leaked to the press a few weeks later?

The fact that the only pre season game he missed because of his request was the one that was a week before our first game of the season?

Rax

by Rax » 09 Aug 2018 20:34

From Despair To Where? The tone is fairly similar to some of the twitter exchanges he had with Leicester fans before he came here. Fairly open, honest and respectful about his intentions. I think also, after some of the criticism thrown their way, it's good to see the owners get personally involved with this.

I think he's trying to not make a big deal out if it. Bottom line, the best way for him to engineer a move is to play out of his skin for the next 4 months+ and that will benefit everyone in the long term.

^^^ this.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Aug 2018 20:35

Hound The assumption that the Chinese owners can only speak Mandarin makes that my favourite post of the day I think

That bit was tongue in cheek.

However, It's not an assumption that Mr Dai doesn't speak English, Gourlay confirmed that Mr Dai doesn't speak it at the fans forum Gourlay attended last year. His sister will do but from what has been said about them, Mr Dai is the one with the larger interest in football.

Incidentally, Gourlay also said at the same forum that he wouldn't be selling the clubs best players at the first sign of a decent offer and used Moore as an example. Despite the constant moaning about him on here people can't deny that, particularly in this instance, Big Ron appears to have backed up those words with actions.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Aug 2018 20:42

Being reported we rejected a 10m bid on Tuesday.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Aug 2018 20:54

sandman
genome

The fact that the only pre season game he missed because of his request was the one that was a week before our first game of the season?

Yeah, after it became public knowledge

Just playing devil’s advocate here

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Aug 2018 21:13

Well don't bother because, although I know it's the HNA? tradition, I'm not going to get into arguing for the sake of arguing over something that is fairly obvious.
Last edited by sandman on 09 Aug 2018 21:20, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Aug 2018 21:19

I’m glad you’re back sandman, I’ve missed your snarky comments and ability to see the worst in everyone.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Aug 2018 21:26

Not at all, Moore is being a realist and his statement today reflects that.

Still can't help but think he could and should have handled this situation, before today, far better than he did.

I must say I've missed the things that make you memorable. Like, erm... well I'm sure I'll come up with something.

489 posts