Liam Moore to Brighton

489 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Liam Moore to Brighton

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Aug 2018 21:56

Pepe the Horseman
CountryRoyal Tbf don’t we all want positive outcome sand?

It is my favourite type of sand.

Was that Reading4Eva at Bournemouth beach?

:D :D

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Aug 2018 22:02

Old Man Andrews The club should be doing all they can to push Moore out now that he has put in the request. Get him out and invest some of that money in players who want to be here.

I see it like this too. If he does not want to play for the club any longer let’s move him on.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 08 Aug 2018 22:28

Pepe the Horseman
CountryRoyal Tbf don’t we all want positive outcome sand?

It is my favourite type of sand.

Was that Reading4Eva at Bournemouth beach?

I was there today therefore I will take credit for it

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Aug 2018 09:01

Allegedly, Brighton are/have offered Oliver Norwood to us as a makeweight in the deal. They really don't want to spend the money we want do they?

I liked Norwood but really not sure his coming back would be the right move for us.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Aug 2018 09:05

Stranded Allegedly, Brighton are/have offered Oliver Norwood to us as a makeweight in the deal. They really don't want to spend the money we want do they?

I liked Norwood but really not sure his coming back would be the right move for us.

Complete and utter bollocks.

Norwood was a terrible player for us anyway, wouldn't be welcome back.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Aug 2018 09:09

Old Man Andrews
Stranded Allegedly, Brighton are/have offered Oliver Norwood to us as a makeweight in the deal. They really don't want to spend the money we want do they?

I hope it is but can't see us taking it - though we do want a DM. If they were to offer a player, think I'd rather Hemed, who appears to also be available but would prefer either the cash or Moore to stay.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Aug 2018 09:11

Stranded
Old Man Andrews

I hope it is but can't see us taking it - though we do want a DM. If they were to offer a player, think I'd rather Hemed, who appears to also be available but would prefer either the cash or Moore to stay.

No way we would need Hemed now. We'd have 5 strikers on our books if he came in. I just want the club to take the money on this one and make a late bid for a couple of hungry up and comers from the Championship or League 1.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Aug 2018 09:27

Don't want Norwood back. He offered very little and was one of the causes of our sluggish football we played when he was here.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 09 Aug 2018 09:48

leon Don't want Norwood back. He offered very little and was one of the causes of our sluggish football we played when he was here.

Good point. I forgot how bad we were before Stam made it worse

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 09 Aug 2018 09:59

I actually quite liked Norwood, don't think this deal looks like happening and I cant wait to welcome Moore back with open arms.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 09 Aug 2018 09:59

Zip
Old Man Andrews The club should be doing all they can to push Moore out now that he has put in the request. Get him out and invest some of that money in players who want to be here.

I see it like this too. If he does not want to play for the club any longer let’s move him on.

Think thats a bit unfair on Moore. He has always given us 100%. He has the opportunity for his family to progress his career and improve his financial situation. If anybody else done that his colleagues would not think he was disloyal

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Aug 2018 10:03

paddy20
Zip

Think thats a bit unfair on Moore. He has always given us 100%. He has the opportunity for his family to progress his career and improve his financial situation. If anybody else done that his colleagues would not think he was disloyal

Why is it harsh? We are saying we want him to move on just as the player wants to. Not sure of the point you are making. He doesn't want to be here any more and we could do with the cash.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 09 Aug 2018 10:06

The guy that runs the Sainsburys local at the end of my road put in for an assistant manager job at Savacentre. He didn't get it.

There's no way I'm shopping in there again 'til he's gone. The dirty rat.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 09 Aug 2018 10:15

Old Man Andrews
paddy20
Zip

Why is it harsh? We are saying we want him to move on just as the player wants to. Not sure of the point you are making. He doesn't want to be here any more and we could do with the cash.

If thew boot is on the other foot we would not be moaning. Players are just as loyal as the club they play for tbh. If a better defender became available we wouldn't be saying its unfair on Moore to be displaced from the team. But as soon as he asks to leave, suddenly he is not loyal to the club.
I dont really have an issue with him, timing was a bit off but maybe Brightons interest come very late and thats why his head was turned. Would he have handed in a TR to let him be able to speak to Brighton officially? Not sure how the rules work around clubs speaking to players.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Aug 2018 10:23

@TimDellor
Following
Following @TimDellor

More
Down at the Madejski having a few conversations. The owners have made it clear Liam Moore will be staying at Reading. The rumours about Mo Barrow leaving I am told is just "agent chat". Everyone here @ReadingFC hoping for and expecting a quiet day.

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 09 Aug 2018 10:35

windermereROYAL

@TimDellor
Following
Following @TimDellor

More
Down at the Madejski having a few conversations. The owners have made it clear Liam Moore will be staying at Reading. The rumours about Mo Barrow leaving I am told is just "agent chat". Everyone here @ReadingFC hoping for and expecting a quiet day.

I saw this too and think it's great news if we can hold on to arguably our two best players

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 09 Aug 2018 10:40

mumbo-jumbo
windermereROYAL

@TimDellor
Following
Following @TimDellor

More

I saw this too and think it's great news if we can hold on to arguably our two best players

This ^

If we are in a good position come January then we can demand more for them and start to build for next season...

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Aug 2018 10:44

mumbo-jumbo
windermereROYAL

@TimDellor
Following
Following @TimDellor

More

There’s no arguing about it. Definitively our two best players.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Aug 2018 10:45

It'd be like two new signings!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Aug 2018 10:49

Wondering if Moore will throw a tantrum if he stays?

489 posts