Liam Moore to Brighton

489 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Liam Moore to Brighton

by leon » 28 May 2018 01:57

Sorry I couldn’t give a shit about Robert Huth.

We’re talking more serious matters.
5m surely? 7?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 May 2018 09:34

Huth would be a great 2 for 1 signing. Sicknote and pension.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 May 2018 09:42

Would be an absolute bargain signing for Brighton at anywhere less than 10 million. If it happens good luck to him. He's been great to watch and deserves a great career. I don't want him to go but has been such a class act for us I couldn't begrudge him a move.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 28 May 2018 10:16

NewCorkSeth Would be an absolute bargain signing for Brighton at anywhere less than 10 million. If it happens good luck to him. He's been great to watch and deserves a great career. I don't want him to go but has been such a class act for us I couldn't begrudge him a move.

Well rangers apparently (sky sports) are after Goldson off them for 2.5 million, I would take Goldson as a replacement so 5 million plus Goldson?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 May 2018 10:57

linkenholtroyal
NewCorkSeth Would be an absolute bargain signing for Brighton at anywhere less than 10 million. If it happens good luck to him. He's been great to watch and deserves a great career. I don't want him to go but has been such a class act for us I couldn't begrudge him a move.

Well rangers apparently (sky sports) are after Goldson off them for 2.5 million, I would take Goldson as a replacement so 5 million plus Goldson?

I don't know enough about Goldson I'm afraid!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 May 2018 12:44

Realistically, Moore does need to leave to benefit his career. There's piss all chance we get promoted next year, so if he stays he's looking at at least two more years in the chump, with no guarantee we'll be pushing for promotion in the season after next.

His stock should have fallen somewhat after this season, so an established PL club is probably a stretch for him. At least with any strong chance of regularly starting.

A bottom PL side is doable, but does he want to be in a relegation fight and then back in the chump?

I think his best move would be to someone like a financially viable Villa, West Brom, Middlesbrough... or to Cardiff or Fulham or Wolves who may havw enough of a high from promotion to manage lower mid-table PL finish

I hope he stays and Clement proves to be a hirsuite Coppell, but moving has to be likely. Less than £5m would be a travesty though. Givrn we repoortedly spent over £7m on Aluko, Moore is worth at least £21m

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 28 May 2018 13:36

NewCorkSeth
linkenholtroyal

Very gd centre back was in the first team most the championship promotion season, had an injury towards the end and took till midway through this season to recover. Since return from injury he has played 8 games for them in the prem. at 25 is a gd signing to build with. I would take him for direct replacement for Moore and look to spend anymore money we get off Brighton in the striker pot. If he is looking to move on we may be a better prospect than rangers as I believe he is originally from the brum area and family still live there.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 May 2018 14:14

Oilroyal
The Reverend
Oilroyal I read somewhere that Moore is on 30k a week. Assuming this is true then the remainder of his 3 year contract is worth £4.6m (contracted wages) + expenditure of 1m original purchase price + £3.1 wages paid over the first 2 contracted years. This would mean that the club would be valuing the player at circa £8.7m. Unless there’s a Brighton player we’re interested in as a makeweight, then I would have thought this is where Moore’s value will be pitched to any club making enquireis.

:?

Is that how it's done on Football Manager?

I wouldn’t know. I've never played the game or owned a device to play such games on.

Hmm, so you’ve never owned a tablet, smart phone or even a computer? Do a bit of research before you start with your condescending put downs.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 May 2018 14:58

linkenholtroyal
NewCorkSeth
linkenholtroyal Well rangers apparently (sky sports) are after Goldson off them for 2.5 million, I would take Goldson as a replacement so 5 million plus Goldson?

Very gd centre back was in the first team most the championship promotion season, had an injury towards the end and took till midway through this season to recover. Since return from injury he has played 8 games for them in the prem. at 25 is a gd signing to build with. I would take him for direct replacement for Moore and look to spend anymore money we get off Brighton in the striker pot. If he is looking to move on we may be a better prospect than rangers as I believe he is originally from the brum area and family still live there.

Rangers have at least 2 European Games before a team from Andorra knock them out plus the Stevie G factor and the chance to play week in week out in front of over 50k. They will be a big pull for a lot of fringe PL players and certainly if it is a straight fight between us and them, we will lose 9 times out of 10.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 May 2018 15:53

Not sure that’s true. The champ is a decent division with plenty of big games, whereas teams like Kilmarnock are top 6 in the SPL. Basically moving for a couple of decent games vs Aberdeen and some sound thrashings from Celtic

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 May 2018 16:11

I don't see Moore going to be honest, but certainly not for anything less than £8-10m.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 May 2018 17:15

CountryRoyal I don't see Moore going to be honest, but certainly not for anything less than £8-10m.

If he goes for less I'll jump off the BT fence into the "bring back Hammond" camp.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 28 May 2018 17:41

CountryRoyal I don't see Moore going to be honest, but certainly not for anything less than £8-10m.

It would never be that much for a CB - £4mill with add-ons.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 May 2018 21:40

Brighton keen on offering a bid with Baldock who we’re keen on. I think he’s replaceable but we should absolutely rinse them as much as we can.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 May 2018 22:20

Royalwaster

Bullshit. Plenty* of CBs from the Champ have gone for more, and in the current climate and with as long on his contract he has left, there is no reason to expect or sell for less.

*ok not plenty, but certainly some.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 May 2018 22:53

CountryRoyal
Royalwaster

Bullshit. Plenty* of CBs from the Champ have gone for more, and in the current climate and with as long on his contract he has left, there is no reason to expect or sell for less.

Plus Moore has a long term deal with us. He had to be worth at least £7 million in the current climate. Apparently Brighton would offer money plus Baldock. I don’t think Baldock is any better than what we already have.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 May 2018 23:02

TiagoIlori Brighton keen on offering a bid with Baldock who we’re keen on. I think he’s replaceable but we should absolutely rinse them as much as we can.

Baldock. 90 goals in 287 league apps. Roughly 1 goal in 3. 29 years old. Best return was the 34 in 83 games at Bristol City 5 years ago. Since then 18 in 81 at Brighton. All a bit :| on that side of the suggested deal really.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 May 2018 23:10

Sutekh
TiagoIlori Brighton keen on offering a bid with Baldock who we’re keen on. I think he’s replaceable but we should absolutely rinse them as much as we can.

Baldock. 90 goals in 287 league apps. Roughly 1 goal in 3. 29 years old. Best return was the 34 in 83 games at Bristol City 5 years ago. Since then 18 in 81 at Brighton. All a bit :| on that side of the suggested deal really.

Also worth bearing in mind some of the goals for Brizzle were in League One. No thanks.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 May 2018 07:56

Sutekh

He is a very decent player, offers more than just goals and can play the lone role very well especially at this level. Would be very happy with him coming in the door.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 29 May 2018 09:05

CountryRoyal
Royalwaster

Go on ... give me a list of one or more CBs who have sold for more than that from the Champ in last few years.

489 posts