Liam Moore to Brighton

205 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Liam Moore to Brighton

by CountryRoyal » 01 Jul 2018 22:40

Fair play to both clubs for not budging from their valuation if true.

Suspect there will be some to say terrible news we could have used the money, and yes, if I had any faith we would reinvest appropriately then I would agree. As it happens, I don’t and I suspect we’re better off with Moore than with some more shite from Sunderland.

genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by genome » 02 Jul 2018 09:41

I don't think we need the money, otherwise we would've accept £8m+ add ons almost instantly. Remember we've not spent a penny in the transfer window yet, and are pretty good with FFP from what I can see.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 02 Jul 2018 10:33

genome wrote:I don't think we need the money, otherwise we would've accept £8m+ add ons almost instantly. Remember we've not spent a penny in the transfer window yet, and are pretty good with FFP from what I can see.

Although I feel that Liam is being massively overvalued based on last season's form I am glad that he might be staying as it would be a statement that we are not willing to sell our best players (although best of a bad bunch where nobody else is worth much :wink: ).

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jul 2018 17:24

genome wrote:I don't think we need the money, otherwise we would've accept £8m+ add ons almost instantly. Remember we've not spent a penny in the transfer window yet, and are pretty good with FFP from what I can see.

What's the basis for us being ok with FFP. I remember comments last season that we were having to be very careful about it.

Haven't we made some big losses recently too? Or did Wembley save us the other year? Our wages were certainly not low at the last accounts, I remember that much fosho.

linkenholtroyal

by linkenholtroyal » 11 Jul 2018 12:01

Sutekh wrote:
linkenholtroyal wrote:Andreas bjelland has just left Brentford, another free transfer??

You really want to sign a player with a surname like that given Reading’s defensive frailties?

Atleast we wouldn't have to come up with names to call him

205 posts