Rumour: Kemar Roofe for 7m

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2863
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06

Re: Rumour: Kemar Roofe for 7m

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Jun 2018 14:47

LWJ wrote:
John Smith wrote:
LWJ wrote:Unfair on Evans. Bought by BMac. Dropped by Stam in favour of others when he was in form. Injured most of last season.

Not for me. I think he's had his time and needs to move on.

What about the other two, LWJ?

Have their moments but too few and far between. Part of the reason we struggled massively last year so time to go.

Evans is 23, came straight from an academy with only a few games at Walsall previously. This will be his 3rd full season.


He's not a difference make though is he? Always seemed a bit lightweight for a big lad and rarely contributes anything of note in games. Clement doesn't fancy him either by all accounts, put Rinhomota on the bench ahead of him at the end of the season.

User avatar
LWJ
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11828
Joined: 10 Aug 2007 09:59
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012

Re: Rumour: Kemar Roofe for 7m

by LWJ » 12 Jun 2018 14:49

Old Man Andrews wrote:
He's not a difference make though is he? Always seemed a bit lightweight for a big lad and rarely contributes anything of note in games. Clement doesn't fancy him either by all accounts, put Rinhomota on the bench ahead of him at the end of the season.

Some massive goals in our playoff final season.... ?

He generally comes in and fills gaps and does the job needed. I'm not advocating him being first choice but I certainly think he should be kept on as backup.

You realise he was injured for the last 2 months (give or take) of the season?

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6295
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Rumour: Kemar Roofe for 7m

by Hound » 12 Jun 2018 15:03

he was fit for the last 4 games or so, but PC didnt pick him in the squad.

As OMA says, too lightweight, too little influence on any game. Games pass him by. No real defined role. We can do better.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 972
Joined: 02 Jun 2004 10:58
Location: Between Emmer Green duck pond and The White Horse

Re: Rumour: Kemar Roofe for 7m

by Denver Royal » 12 Jun 2018 15:47

Old Man Andrews wrote:
LWJ wrote:
John Smith wrote:Not for me. I think he's had his time and needs to move on.

What about the other two, LWJ?

Have their moments but too few and far between. Part of the reason we struggled massively last year so time to go.

Evans is 23, came straight from an academy with only a few games at Walsall previously. This will be his 3rd full season.


He's not a difference make though is he? Always seemed a bit lightweight for a big lad and rarely contributes anything of note in games. Clement doesn't fancy him either by all accounts, put Rinhomota on the bench ahead of him at the end of the season.


Agreed, want him to succeed, but he doesn't really get a lot done. His pedigree is amazing. On Citeh's books since he was 6, he went through all their academies, then turned pro for them. England youth international, youth world cups, everything. Seemingly a can't-miss prospect. Made over 40 apps for us in the playoff season, but fell off the map this past season. There's a player in there and he's still under contract, and if he stays another season I'd be ok with it, but he will need to really step up in a big way. But yeah, not sure Clement rates him.

Zip
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1282
Joined: 30 Dec 2017 17:39

Re: Rumour: Kemar Roofe for 7m

by Zip » 12 Jun 2018 17:34

I’d be happy to sell all three of Edwards, Van Den Berg and Evans moved on. Edwards is past his best, Van Den Berg has always been a liability and Evans can’t pass for toffee.


User avatar
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 10217
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 08:37
Location: With grace we will suffer, with grace we shall recover

Re: Rumour: Kemar Roofe for 7m

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Jun 2018 18:14

Royalwaster wrote:Same site now claiming Fulham have bid £12million for John sicknote Swift


Have they missed out a decimal point there?

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5851
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: Rumour: Kemar Roofe for 7m

by CountryRoyal » 13 Jun 2018 08:05

From Despair To Where? wrote:
Royalwaster wrote:Same site now claiming Fulham have bid £12million for John sicknote Swift


Have they missed out a decimal point there?


I dunno, he's shit but even £.12m?

120k seems a bit low.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1044
Joined: 02 Nov 2008 18:56

Re: Rumour: Kemar Roofe for 7m

by Mid Sussex Royal » 13 Jun 2018 11:00

CountryRoyal wrote:
From Despair To Where? wrote:
Royalwaster wrote:Same site now claiming Fulham have bid £12million for John sicknote Swift


Have they missed out a decimal point there?


I dunno, he's shit but even £.12m?

120k seems a bit low.


£120k is 2 decimal points :D

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5851
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: Rumour: Kemar Roofe for 7m

by CountryRoyal » 13 Jun 2018 11:41

Mid Sussex Royal wrote:
CountryRoyal wrote:
From Despair To Where? wrote:
Have they missed out a decimal point there?


I dunno, he's shit but even £.12m?

120k seems a bit low.


£120k is 2 decimal points :D


0.12?

It’s moved once from 1.2 (the inferred price).


Tilehurstsouthbank
Member
Posts: 894
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 15:13

Re: Rumour: Kemar Roofe for 7m

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 13 Jun 2018 11:53

CountryRoyal wrote:
Mid Sussex Royal wrote:
CountryRoyal wrote:
I dunno, he's shit but even £.12m?

120k seems a bit low.


£120k is 2 decimal points :D


0.12?

It’s moved once from 1.2 (the inferred price).


He was quoting the rumoured £12m price so 1 decimal place would be £1.2m. :wink:

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5851
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: Rumour: Kemar Roofe for 7m

by CountryRoyal » 13 Jun 2018 12:01

Tilehurstsouthbank wrote:
CountryRoyal wrote:
Mid Sussex Royal wrote:
£120k is 2 decimal points :D


0.12?

It’s moved once from 1.2 (the inferred price).


He was quoting the rumoured £12m price so 1 decimal place would be £1.2m. :wink:


Regardless he said decimal points not how many places it may have moved. You can’t have two decimal points.

My joke was that Despair was insinuating Swift was worth 1.2m, he didn’t specify where the decimal point was meant to go so I took it one further to say he’s even shitter.

I think it’s a slow day haha.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Member
Posts: 894
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 15:13

Re: Rumour: Kemar Roofe for 7m

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 13 Jun 2018 12:05

CountryRoyal wrote:
Tilehurstsouthbank wrote:
CountryRoyal wrote:
0.12?

It’s moved once from 1.2 (the inferred price).


He was quoting the rumoured £12m price so 1 decimal place would be £1.2m. :wink:


Regardless he said decimal points not how many places it may have moved. You can’t have two decimal points.

My joke was that Despair was insinuating Swift was worth 1.2m, he didn’t specify where the decimal point was meant to go so I took it one further to say he’s even shitter.

I think it’s a slow day haha.


Then get on the caffeine! :mrgreen:

Cape Town Royal
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: 15 Feb 2012 19:29

Re: Rumour: Kemar Roofe for 7m

by Cape Town Royal » 13 Jun 2018 14:10

Hound wrote:Agreed. Same with Watkins who went to Brentford last year


Absolutely - watched him a few times when he was at Exeter and he looked more than capable - not at all surprised he has done well there.

Also like the look of the lad Storey who has just moved to Preston today.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

It is currently 20 Aug 2018 06:20