The Local Journo Thread

888 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Local Journo Thread

by Sutekh » 13 Sep 2018 14:25

Mid Sussex Royal Low appears to have no contacts at all at the Club; most of his articles have been on social media for days. I don't see the point any more of GetReading/In your area/London football or what ever it is now.

And so quietly died, lonely and forgotten, Reading's one time daily local paper.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Sep 2018 18:27

Not really one for OMA's sustained attack on local media outlets but Low's ratings for the first 6 games are pretty laughable when it comes to the ratings of Illori, McShane and Yiadom.

https://www.football.london/reading-fc/reading-fc-player-ratings-dismal-15131742

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Sep 2018 23:23

sandman Not really one for OMA's sustained attack on local media outlets but Low's ratings for the first 6 games are pretty laughable when it comes to the ratings of Illori, McShane and Yiadom.

https://www.football.london/reading-fc/reading-fc-player-ratings-dismal-15131742

He gave everyone 5 irrespective of their performances.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Sep 2018 16:47

I vaguely remember reading one of his last set of ratings, where he said something like Ilori had played well and didnt make any mistakes, and then proceeded to give him a 4. So did kind of ignore them after that point

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 21 Sep 2018 20:58

Low is saying tonight that Adkins oversaw Prem relegation...that's extremely harsh. We were as good as down when he came in.

He joined on false promises after we'd just lost at home to 2 relegation rivals (Wigan & Villa) and had around 8 games left, most against the big 6.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Sep 2018 21:03

Anthony "Smudger Smith claiming he knows that the players care. The bloke hasn't been near a player since 1996, how the hell would he know anything?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Sep 2018 09:48

Old Man Andrews Anthony "Smudger Smith claiming he knows that the players care. The bloke hasn't been near a player since 1996, how the hell would he know anything?

When you first popped onto the scene you seemed quite a good poster OMA, however,now your true colours are shining through, you just seem bitter about everything. The local press (your obsession is just plain weird), Club 1871, Clement, the owners, Gourlay. It begs the question if you are so hateful with anything football related, why are you even a fan? you're supposed to enjoy it... :|

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Sep 2018 09:51

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews Anthony "Smudger Smith claiming he knows that the players care. The bloke hasn't been near a player since 1996, how the hell would he know anything?

When you first popped onto the scene you seemed quite a good poster OMA, however,now your true colours are shining through, you just seem bitter about everything. The local press (your obsession is just plain weird), Club 1871, Clement, the owners, Gourlay. It begs the question if you are so hateful with anything football related, why are you even a fan? you're supposed to enjoy it... :|

Go oxf*rd yourself.

Cheers.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Sep 2018 11:56

Tbf coming to this thread to comment on every slightly incorrect or misjudged tweet from a local journo is a bit weird

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Sep 2018 11:57

genome Tbf coming to this thread to comment on every slightly incorrect or misjudged tweet from a local journo is a bit weird

That is the intention of the the entire thread though. Not weird, just the reason it is here.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Sep 2018 11:58

genome @ChronCourtney 11m
Just seen a fans' forum complaining about my spelling! To clarify, I was trying to write notes in shorthand and tweet at the same time with the sun beaming down on my screen. Of course, I meant Jon Dadi Bodvarsson. Two-and-a-half to three weeks were PC's exact words. Needs a rest

Bit weird m8.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Sep 2018 12:12

Old Man Andrews
genome Tbf coming to this thread to comment on every slightly incorrect or misjudged tweet from a local journo is a bit weird

That is the intention of the the entire thread though. Not weird, just the reason it is here.

Yeah, for bigger mistakes and faux pas, or in the example you've just posted, Courtney mentioned this very thread, so that's why I posted it

Calling them out on absolutely everything is weird and obsessive, I'm sure you have better things to do with your time

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Sep 2018 12:13

genome
Old Man Andrews

Yeah, for bigger mistakes and faux pas, or in the example you've just posted, Courtney mentioned this very thread, so that's why I posted it

Calling them out on absolutely everything is weird and obsessive, I'm sure you have better things to do with your time

Sadly not. Slow day.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Sep 2018 12:16

Old Man Andrews
WoodleyRoyal

Go oxf*rd yourself.

Cheers.

Everything alright at home OMA?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Sep 2018 12:18

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews
WoodleyRoyal

Go oxf*rd yourself.

Cheers.

Why don't you come over and find out?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Sep 2018 12:56

Old Man Andrews
WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews
Go oxf*rd yourself.

Cheers.

Sure, PM me your mums address

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Sep 2018 12:58

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews
WoodleyRoyal

Sure, PM me your mums address

Why would you want my dead mums address? She kind of lives underground now m8.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Sep 2018 17:58

Nice to see following far and away or best performance of the season, Russell Kempson writing a page long article whingeing that Clement didn’t do the press conference afterwards

He is a seriously miserable and boring columnist. He needs to go

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Sep 2018 01:22

Hound Nice to see following far and away or best performance of the season, Russell Kempson writing a page long article whingeing that Clement didn’t do the press conference afterwards

He is a seriously miserable and boring columnist. He needs to go

It was one of the most miserable pieces of "journalism" ever seen. The guy wants shooting.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Oct 2018 14:34

Courtney Friday suggesting that a suspect in car crash involving a stolen car is John Swift.

888 posts