The Local Journo Thread

405 posts
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Local Journo Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Oct 2018 15:20

McDermolenko wrote:Incredibly random but is Courtney serving the longest notice period known to man or is he now sticking to his job at the Chronicle? From memory he was supposed to have left in July?

He has officially left but uses his press accreditation to get in the ground for free, he is a crook really. He tries to pass himself off as freelance.

He is just a freelance bellend.

Hendo
Hob Nob Regular

by Hendo » 22 Oct 2018 15:29

Sutekh wrote:Honestly think that anyone with a little common sense could do better than what passes for journalism these days. Media either sensationalises a load a trivial nothingness or fails to give balanced arguments for what is being reported.

Gotta get them clicks.

I was actually discussing with Mrs Hendo at the weekend how, when I was at collage, I wanted to go to uni to be a sports journalist.

Looking at the state of the industry today and what garbage is being produced, I am glad I didn't pursue.

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 22 Oct 2018 15:55

Old Man Andrews wrote:
McDermolenko wrote:Incredibly random but is Courtney serving the longest notice period known to man or is he now sticking to his job at the Chronicle? From memory he was supposed to have left in July?

He has officially left but uses his press accreditation to get in the ground for free, he is a crook really. He tries to pass himself off as freelance.

He published a report for the Chronicle today, though? Surely not the case, unless they’re that desperate for a reporter that he’s working on a freelance basis for them as you’re suggesting?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 22 Oct 2018 16:11

McDermolenko wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

He published a report for the Chronicle today, though? Surely not the case, unless they’re that desperate for a reporter that he’s working on a freelance basis for them as you’re suggesting?

If he's a freelance, occasionally doing extra reporting for the Chronicle, then he's entitled to press accreditation for the games he's asked to cover.

Bit much suggesting he's a crook.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Oct 2018 16:11

McDermolenko wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

I believe they are that desperate yes.

405 posts