Re: The Local Journo Thread

by sandman » 02 Feb 2019 21:05

Heard that. Brilliant stuff from Tim.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 04 Feb 2019 11:54

used to enjoy radio berks commentary

cannot stand it now. rights or wrongs of ady/mick and dellors opinions aside, its not much fun to listen to constant negativity

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Feb 2019 11:57

Maneki Neko used to enjoy radio berks commentary

cannot stand it now. rights or wrongs of ady/mick and dellors opinions aside, its not much fun to listen to constant negativity

Agree with you sir. Dellor openly called someone who'd bothered to text in an idiot twice after the game on Saturday. Radio Berks should think themselves lucky anyone bothers to communicate with them at all so should be a bit nicer to those who do even if they disagree. Ady and Tim have been in a huff since their mate Parky didn't get the Reading job. Tim has been on the verge of xenophobia every week RE: Gomes.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Feb 2019 12:08

+1 I already feel miserable after some games, I don't want to listen to more negativity.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 04 Feb 2019 12:11

this.

we all know we are in the shit.
its like dellor thinks he needs to convince us all

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Feb 2019 12:34

That, or he takes pleasure in reminding everyone.

We don't want to just stick our head in the sand and pretend everything is hunky-dory but the constant negativity can't be helping peoples feelings towards the team and could be a factor* in dropping attendances.

*admittedly probably a minor factor, but it can't help.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Feb 2019 12:37

Dellor does do one thing that is positive though. He brings all the Reading supporters together in a united front against him, we are all pretty much on the same page when it comes to Tim Dellor. Awful cretin.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Feb 2019 13:28

Love it. Two people in Gooding and Williams who played in that great McGhee team. A team who played better football than Gomes has managed to produce so far. They know what effective football is and what isn't.

You can only talk about the game that has gone on before. If it's been a poor result then they are going to talk about it.

Xenophobia accusations are ridiculous.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Feb 2019 13:32

sandman Love it. Two people in Gooding and Williams who played in that great McGhee team. A team who played better football than Gomes has managed to produce so far. They know what effective football is and what isn't.

You can only talk about the game that has gone on before. If it's been a poor result then they are going to talk about it.

Well done on completely missing the fact we are talking about Tim Dellor...... What position did he play in the McGhee team?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Feb 2019 14:35

sandman Love it. Two people in Gooding and Williams who played in that great McGhee team. A team who played better football than Gomes has managed to produce so far. They know what effective football is and what isn't.

No, that assertion is ridiculous. Why did Dellor repeatedly feel the need to preface manager and coaching staff with 'Portuguese' and owners with 'Chinese'? What has their nationality got to do with the position they hold? By all means moan (incorrectly imo) that Gomes had no knowledge of The Championship but keep it to that. Had the club appointed an Englishman or Scot who had no knowledge of The Championship, would Dellor have kept referring to them as an 'English manager' or a 'Scottish manager'?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Feb 2019 14:38

RoyalBlue

No, that assertion is ridiculous. Why did Dellor repeatedly feel the need to preface manager and coaching staff with 'Portuguese' and owners with 'Chinese'? What has their nationality got to do with the position they hold? By all means moan (incorrectly imo) that Gomes had no knowledge of The Championship but keep it to that. Had the club appointed an Englishman or Scot who had no knowledge of The Championship, would Dellor have kept referring to them as an 'English manager' or a 'Scottish manager'?

The other week the style of Gomes' suits were mentioned 3 times. I can't remember BBC Berks mentioning Steve Clarke's or Clement's dress sense? They were implying he is well dressed because he is continental. Its just weird if not anything else.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Feb 2019 15:25

RoyalBlue

+1. It's needless. I'm looking at you, strap.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 04 Feb 2019 16:31

Agree, think they've been overly negative. Everyone feels bad enough, don't make them feel worse.
And yes, grading Gomes' leather shoes, references to Portuguese wine, and saying 'I'll have a bottle of mateus rose!'

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 04 Feb 2019 17:18

there are agendas clearly at play, imo
that's what grates.

he is still going on about gomes being appointed and how that is the wrong decision.

everything is now linked back to that, every negative result is now due to gomes. away draws are now the worst possible results, and all down to gomes, the players are making mistakes and that's gomes. every substitution gomes makes is some sort of affront to footballing logic.
etc etc etc

it is what it is tim. your position is on record. move on.

Basildon

by Basildon » 06 Feb 2019 12:51

JLow suggesting Mannone's on his way to Minnesota United on loan for the rest of the year.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Feb 2019 13:04

J'Low has a strong and stable WiFi connection for sure.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Feb 2019 13:47

JLow on the ball again

Good move for all parties that, pleased to see it. Hope it all goes through, and understandable now why there was no huge rush to push him out in the Jan window

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 12 Feb 2019 06:33

Careful, they might read that on here and lay in to you next, I think I was the first to receive the barrels from Tim after asking for at least one of them to try and put a positive look to things, a few weeks back now. Made me lol that he was so rattled but then I did have to question why in the name of god I was messaging BBC Berks in the first place.

TBF to them, this week was much better to listen to overall, they seem to have come round to Gomes a little bit on the basis of clean sheets. Still sniping at him from time to time though.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Feb 2019 08:12

10539.4 Miles Away

Careful, they might read that on here and lay in to you next, I think I was the first to receive the barrels from Tim after asking for at least one of them to try and put a positive look to things, a few weeks back now. Made me lol that he was so rattled but then I did have to question why in the name of god I was messaging BBC Berks in the first place.

TBF to them, this week was much better to listen to overall, they seem to have come round to Gomes a little bit on the basis of clean sheets. Still sniping at him from time to time though.

They have been clearly told to cool it imo. Dellor was 100x more laid back than normal and seemed to be quite happy with the display near the end.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 12 Feb 2019 17:21

Old Man Andrews
10539.4 Miles Away

They have been clearly told to cool it imo. Dellor was 100x more laid back than normal and seemed to be quite happy with the display near the end.

Yep, way different this week, night and day difference. Thought to myself either someone has had a word, or they've been reading HNA? (or both). On the face of it, it shouldn't have been much different to the draws against Villa and Bolton, yet their approach and delivery had changed. Warmer, softer, and more positive and supportive throughout.

892 posts