The Local Journo Thread

888 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Local Journo Thread

by genome » 25 Jul 2018 12:55

Whenever I see your username CR, I think it's "CourtneyRoyal" and that he's registered on here

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Jul 2018 13:11

genome Whenever I see your username CR, I think it's "CourtneyRoyal" and that he's registered on here

:o

You take that back.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 25 Jul 2018 14:06

This is my favourite thread.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Jul 2018 06:36

Courtney Friday writing one of the all time embarrassing Tweets about Joey Van Den Berg.

He liked Joey because he had a "short back and sides" haircut and because he "carried a Nivea bag".

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 26 Jul 2018 07:07

Old Man Andrews Courtney Friday writing one of the all time embarrassing Tweets about Joey Van Den Berg.

He liked Joey because he had a "short back and sides" haircut and because he "carried a Nivea bag".

Your constant girl bitching is what’s become embarrassing. Give it a rest will you. He’s just a young lad probably with a young family to support doing a job good, bad or otherwise, so what!

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 26 Jul 2018 07:53

Oilroyal
Old Man Andrews Courtney Friday writing one of the all time embarrassing Tweets about Joey Van Den Berg.

Your constant girl bitching is what’s become embarrassing. Give it a rest will you. He’s just a young lad probably with a young family to support doing a job good, bad or otherwise, so what!

Calm down, Courtney. You turn in to a right diva when you're angry

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Jul 2018 08:05

Oilroyal

F*ck off.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Jul 2018 08:17

royalp-we
Oilroyal

Calm down, Courtney. You turn in to a right diva when you're angry

Yeah he definitely has a lurking account here.

"He's just a young lad with a young family"

Calm down Bohemian Rhapsody.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Jul 2018 10:27

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Jul 2018 10:31

genome https://twitter.com/Smudgersport/status/1022408835837911040

Awks

Poor "Smudger". He is so far behind the curve he's almost in 1997.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Jul 2018 12:52

Old Man Andrews
genome https://twitter.com/Smudgersport/status/1022408835837911040

Awks

Poor "Smudger". He is so far behind the curve he's almost in 1997.

The fact they cant even get their fingers on the pulse for a low level signing like this shows you the status this organisation has in the eyes of Reading FC.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Jul 2018 07:38

Oilroyal

It's stuff like that, as well as the Love Island tweets that make it difficult to take him seriously as a professional journalist.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jul 2018 08:11

From Despair To Where?
Oilroyal

It's stuff like that, as well as the Love Island tweets that make it difficult to take him seriously as a professional journalist.

It's also things like "Smudger" and Courtney having veiled digs at the club for not releasing information to them. They both did it yesterday Re: the Sam Walker deal. The club cannot stand them and neither can the players. Wish the club would ban them to be honest.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 27 Jul 2018 08:29

The desperate plea to buy a paper highlighting old old news regarding Walker and Joey is very embarrassing.
Does anyone know why the club doesn't give them anything? (Other than the obvious that they are insufferable self interested journos)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jul 2018 08:52

tbf the club are pretty poor on the press front imo. Its not just the dynamic duo from the Chron, JLow who comes over as pretty inoffensive, struggles to get anything much either. The press conferences seem to be an absolute bare minimum.

Even Watts used to moan about it, but he managed to get a couple of decent sources from within the club

It would be nice for the club to open up a bit generally

In terms of why the club hate the chronicle boys, apart from the obvious, doing things like retweeting what may be the leaked pics of the kit isnt going to help their cause

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 27 Jul 2018 19:09

Hound tbf the club are pretty poor on the press front imo. Its not just the dynamic duo from the Chron, JLow who comes over as pretty inoffensive, struggles to get anything much either. The press conferences seem to be an absolute bare minimum.

Even Watts used to moan about it, but he managed to get a couple of decent sources from within the club

It would be nice for the club to open up a bit generally

In terms of why the club hate the chronicle boys, apart from the obvious, doing things like retweeting what may be the leaked pics of the kit isnt going to help their cause

If they were all proper journalists they'd have no problem.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jul 2018 09:27

Courtney has threatened to get the full story about the Liam Moore story later today. Can't wait for this.

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 28 Jul 2018 10:00

Courtney Friday:

‘Small announcement. As of yesterday I resigned from my role. A difficult decision but one which will be a huge benefit to my career. Been a pleasure speaking to the vast majority of you. I hope to continue covering games to help out but will be far less active. It has been an absolute pleasure and I wish you all a far happier season than last year brought you. Stick together, back the team and most importantly enjoy yourselves. Sorry things haven’t always been perfect but did the best I could with limited time/resources’

Look what you lot done, big bunch’a bullies!

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 Jul 2018 10:20

Where are we gonna get all our 100% correct Reading news now :cry:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Jul 2018 10:24

I actually do think this thread made him resign

888 posts