The Local Journo Thread

405 posts
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Local Journo Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Jun 2018 15:00

Winston Biscuit wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Winston Biscuit wrote:I don't really understand whats going on here, but if it's a group of mongy types trying to stir up trouble for someone irl just for doing their job then they need to take a look at themselves really

But they aren't doing their jobs, thats the point of it.

Why should the local media be given a free ride?

someone performing a job under a standard you decide is acceptable does not mean they are not doing their job. suggesting someone stops 'stirring up sh*t' is not giving someone a free ride

We are all brothers and sisters, why not give your fellow man some positive support rather than being all glass half empty and attacking them?

Well it all stemmed from the suggestion to make this thread. I guess I took it upon myself to provide content for it and keep it ticking over, maybe it was too much.

Theroyalbox

by Theroyalbox » 29 Jun 2018 15:00

I wonder if the twitter people think were sad losers with office jobs

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

by John Smith » 29 Jun 2018 15:00

It should be easier for people to create accounts on here. The admin process is ridiculous and would allow for way more people to come on a contribute.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Jun 2018 15:02

Theroyalbox wrote:I wonder if the twitter people think were sad losers with office jobs

Like John Smith said I'd rather the forum was open so people with an issue could just come in and talk to me rather than have to take to Twitter.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Maneki Neko » 29 Jun 2018 15:05

People who don't even use Hob Nob shouldn't have to come on to defend themselves or others, let alone to defend local journalists like Courtney and Jonathan

they don't HAVE to at all.

"I can’t believe that yet again I’m having to be on the god awful forum defending both myself and other people

you don't HAVE to at all

LWJ
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by LWJ » 29 Jun 2018 15:21

loyalroyal99 wrote:Pippa's message starts:

"I can’t believe that yet again I’m having to be on the god awful forum defending both myself and other people from a group of grown adults using a forum to bitch about people they’ve never met. I’ve written to the owner and creator of the forum - I’m sick and tired of hearing my name come up, the obsession is getting a bit much now. If you’re on the forum openly talking about me then delete me off your twitter - I’m not being associated with this it’s pathetic. Stop commenting on people’s appearance or ability to write articles - your comments are patronising and sexist and I’m tired of it. Grow up and leave me out of your pathetic conversations.

"Oh and one last thing - Old Man Andrews... please stop fabricating an ‘argument’ that never happened between us. Although I now know who you are, I can categorically tell you we’ve never met."

Honestly this the epitome of a snowflake generation.

Grow up, Pippa. Twitter conversations are equally as pathetic, sorry that we prefer to discuss various topics on a forum instead! Doesn't mean you have to judge, and tar us all with the same brush.

LWJ
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by LWJ » 29 Jun 2018 15:25

Old Man Andrews wrote:
So you're saying I should break it down into a weekly round up every Friday?

Maybe I have become a bit carried away with it and should only pick up on the major gaffs. I'll try that. Thanks for the advice.

Like I said you seem a bit obsessed with him, I don't follow the bloke on Twitter as I think he is a tool, maybe you should try not following him as well?

Hound
Hob Nob Addict

by Hound » 29 Jun 2018 15:27

Twitter convos are far far worse than anything on here from what I’ve seen

LWJ
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by LWJ » 29 Jun 2018 15:33

I've tweeted over 10,000 times :oops: so I get the benefit of it. I enjoy Twitter but it's a lot more enjoyable to discuss things in detail on a forum than it is in short tweets..

Sebastian the Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Sebastian the Red » 29 Jun 2018 15:35

LWJ wrote:I've tweeted over 10,000 times :oops: so I get the benefit of it. I enjoy Twitter but it's a lot more enjoyable to discuss things in detail on a forum than it is in short tweets..

M8 why don't you follow me M8? We'd be BESTIES

LWJ
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by LWJ » 29 Jun 2018 15:39

Sebastian the Red wrote:
LWJ wrote:I've tweeted over 10,000 times :oops: so I get the benefit of it. I enjoy Twitter but it's a lot more enjoyable to discuss things in detail on a forum than it is in short tweets..

there you go x

LWJ
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by LWJ » 29 Jun 2018 15:40

LWJ wrote:
Sebastian the Red wrote:

there you go x

I tweet a lot of shit....

No change to here then etc

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: With grace we will suffer, with grace we shall recover

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Jun 2018 15:59

To be honest, I remember moaning back in the days of TTB about the Chronicle being shit and generally, barring a major major regional paper like the Yorkshire Post,most local journalists worth their salt get snapped up by the nationals.

Wind forward to the internet era where clicks are more important than content and the money isn't there is it surprising we get semi literate monkeys writing for the local press who get the club's back up by posting any old shit in the name of 24hr news coverage.

Everybody knows Courtney's Bulgarian contact is a transfer rumours site and Google Translate, I just wish he'd be honest about it. That's the only reason Low gets grudging respect because journalistically he's in the same boat

Sebastian the Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Sebastian the Red » 29 Jun 2018 16:02

LWJ wrote:
LWJ wrote:
Sebastian the Red wrote:

there you go x

I like the way you write #girlfriend like a 13 year old. Good lad.

Hound
Hob Nob Addict

by Hound » 29 Jun 2018 16:05

Yep agreed FDTW. Scanned back through the thread and don’t think I say anything particularly personal or out of turn

The main problems for me with the two from the Chron is a) passing all sorts of nonsense off as a ‘Chronicle source’ or ‘heavily linked’ be it Twitter, SSN or some joker on here and b) the ill thought out digs at the club - ie the ‘why don’t Reading do free kids season tickets’, ‘Danny Loader is on big wages’ and the twisting of words that keeps upsetting the players

All fair enough criticisms imo, and easily avoided or remedied

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jun 2018 16:08

Imagine caring about any of this shit :lol: :lol: :lol:

LWJ
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by LWJ » 29 Jun 2018 16:38

Sebastian the Red wrote:
LWJ wrote:
LWJ wrote:there you go x

instagram hashtags babe x

Sebastian the Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Sebastian the Red » 29 Jun 2018 16:41

LWJ wrote:
Sebastian the Red wrote:
LWJ wrote:I tweet a lot of shit....

instagram hashtags babe x

I look forward to #dumped #heartbroken #cheating #slag

Zip
Hob Nob Regular

by Zip » 29 Jun 2018 17:23

I quite like Low. His player ratings in the second half of last season were amusing with the highest rated players in certain games getting no more than 3/10. That would not have gone down well with the players but fair play to him for not being kind to them to curry favour.

That’s part of the problem though. Do we want local journo’s who may get to hear of news because they are trusted by the players (and therefore likely to give the players an easier ride) or do we want them to be honest and critical of the players and therefore less likely to be given info from the club?

Zip
Hob Nob Regular

by Zip » 29 Jun 2018 17:31

From Despair To Where? wrote:To be honest, I remember moaning back in the days of TTB about the Chronicle being shit and generally, barring a major major regional paper like the Yorkshire Post,most local journalists worth their salt get snapped up by the nationals.

Wind forward to the internet era where clicks are more important than content and the money isn't there is it surprising we get semi literate monkeys writing for the local press who get the club's back up by posting any old shit in the name of 24hr news coverage.

Everybody knows Courtney's Bulgarian contact is a transfer rumours site and Google Translate, I just wish he'd be honest about it. That's the only reason Low gets grudging respect because journalistically he's in the same boat

Yeah agreed. Friday is alluding to contacts that on the face of it appear unlikely to assist. I have not met the guy but he has certainly upset the likes of Gunter so is very unlikely to be in the know because the club won’t trust him.

405 posts